Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. (910 Views)

200 Armed Gangsters Invade Lagos And Ogun Communities, Rob Them / Lockdown: Robbers Invade Lagos, Ogun Communities / Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 7:05am On Feb 16, 2020
Hack 70-year-old to death, chop off son’s hand
Monarch: they rape our women and daughters incessantly
We’re already addressing the problem –Police
Suspected herdsmen have continued to wreak havoc at Oja Odan and 28 other communities in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State, where they recently killed a 70-year-old farmer and chopped off his son’s hand, reports KUNLE AKINRINADE.

It was just barely few days into the New Year at Agbon village, about 15 kilometres from Oja Odan town in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State. January 10 broke without any ominous signs of evil lurking around Pa Sola Ilo and his son, Abidemi, when they set out at dawn for their farm at Oke Asa amid the blazing harmattan. They had prepared for work hoping to clear their farmland in readiness for the new planting season. But their outing turned tragic moments later when fiendish herdsmen appeared from the bush behind the farm and wasted no time in hacking the elderly Ilo to death, while Abidemi’s wrist was chopped off in what appeared like a scene from the movies.

Abidemi, who was rushed to the state General Hospital at Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government Area, where he is currently undergoing treatment for his ravaged left hand, said the herders swopped on him when he was checking on his oil palm plantation nearby, while his father stood at their main farm near the Jibi River, which flows into the popular Yewa River. Managing to lift up his mutilated hand, he said he ran as fast as he could but the herdsmen pursued him to the point where his late father was standing and hacked his 70-year-old father to death on the spot, while he managed to escape with blood dripping from his severed hand. He raised the alarm, which attracted sympathisers, while the herdsmen bolted.

‘’Planting season has just begun. So, my father and I thought that we should also go to our farm very early in order to clear our farmland. When we got to the farm, I decided to check on an oil palm plantation nearby, while my father stayed back in our main farm. Before I knew it, six stern-looking gangling herdsmen, armed to the teeth, invaded my farm and attacked me with machetes, cutting my wrist off. I crossed over River Jibi, which separates the oil palm plantation from our main farm and ran towards where my father was standing with my bloodied hand.

‘’On sighting my father, my assailants left me and turned their anger on my father, hacking the old man to death on the spot. I was rescued by sympathisers, who brought me to this hospital; it’s almost a hopeless situation as I cannot afford to defray my medical bill. I have been asked to do a scan but where is the money to do so? I am helpless.’’

Abidemi is not the only victim of the herders’ attack in recent times. Other villagers have tasted the violent bile of the nomads, who invaded the area in November, last year. The herdsmen also rained bullets on another youth in the area, identified simply as Akanni, who miraculously survived the attack. Akanni was said to be working on his farm when the herders attacked him and fired several shots at the boy when he ran for his dear life.

Sources said that there are other several victims,who are currently receiving treatment in the neighbouring communities in Benin Republic for gunshots and varying degrees of injury received during their encounters with the herdsmen.

Villages deserted

The terror- herdsmen were said to have camped at Eggua, a neighbouring town, from where they moved with their thousands of cattle ravaging farmlands within the Ketu-Yewa communities, which share border with Republic of Benin.

Palpable fear has since taken over the area comprising about 29 communities, with residents deserting many of the communities for fear of falling victim to the marauding herders. When The Nation visited the area, most of the villages, including Ateru, Moro, Ologun, Agbon, Igbota, Ogunba-Aiyetoro, Oke-Odo, Ibore, Gbokoto, Iselu, Ijale, Ohunbe, Igbeme, Owode-Ketu, Igan-Alade, Lashilo, Oja Odan, Ateru, Moro, Ologun,Iyana Meta, Igbooro, Egbeda and Kuse, were a ghost of themselves as they were virtually deserted. On Monday, there were renewed fears after sporadic gunshots by herdsmen sent panic in the communities, leaving many villagers to flee their homes for fear of being killed by these gang of herders.
Read further details in the link below
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://thenationonlineng.net/how-herdsmen-unleashed-terror-on-29-ogun-border-communities/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjnpb27s9XnAhVCj54KHQZzCPc4ChDIzwEIRTAG&usg=AOvVaw3tDf1J6ReJC7YH7TH8xsQS&ampcf=1
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Whiteangel1234: 7:07am On Feb 16, 2020
Invasion
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
Invasion
very sad... The South needs to wake up.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by DeomoviesI: 7:13am On Feb 16, 2020
What's all this rubbish this people are performing over time. I don't get the gist with the killings, what's really going on their mind i want to know that lead to kill innocent people. What's the Federal Govt containment for this shenanigans?
You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including Knives out, Frozen II Doctor Sleep, Jojo Rabbit, Parasite, Power (S1-6 complete) (zero,eight,one,four,four,two,three,eight,three,two,seven)
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by danvon(m): 7:15am On Feb 16, 2020
Liars

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by majamajic(m): 7:19am On Feb 16, 2020
Kwashiman:

Good morning !
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 7:22am On Feb 16, 2020
majamajic:

Good morning !
Morning bro
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by LawLord247: 7:53am On Feb 16, 2020
ok
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Ojiofor: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Amotekun should rise to the challenge. Are they a toothless leopard? I hate to read this sad news on a Sunday morning.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2020
Now I understand why Amotekun is seriously needed
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 16, 2020
Kwashiman:

Which South are you talking about? please remove the Yorubas when you talked about south, they're Traitors

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Ojiofor: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Kwashiman:

Those Fulani bastards need to be wiped out once and for all, Buhari won't die a good death for bringing these diabolic regime on Nigerians.

How can this type of thing be happening in this century? People being killed and sacked from their villages and their communities taken over by their killers and cows and nobody is doing anything about it.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2020
Ojiofor:

How can this type of thing be happening in this century? People being killed and sacked from their villages and their communities taken over by their killers and cows and nobody is doing anything about it.
Welcome to Boo-harry's government
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by bencarson007(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Annihilation by the bandits according to buhari
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Splendor27: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2020
Damn lies,,am in ogun how comes we never heard about it...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Sokosuji: 10:47am On Feb 16, 2020
I now see why one arometaphysical has been calling for ' mercy and compassion' for igbos cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 11:03am On Feb 16, 2020
Afonjas will pretend like they didn't see these one now cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Splendor27:
Damn lies,,am in ogun how comes we never heard about it...
Keep lying to yourself and living in denial, while they take over Ogun state and rape all your women.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Kwashiman: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2020
Sokosuji:
I now see why one arometaphysical has been calling for ' mercy and compassion' for igbos cheesy
MetaPhysical isn't even worth mentioning as a human being, the idiot and his pack of clowns are busy burying their cone heads in Nnamdi kanu's ass while Fulani are making a new caliphate in South West grin

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Take Over 29 Ogun Communities. by Splendor27: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kwashiman:

Keep lying to yourself and living in denial, while they take over Ogun state and rape all your women.
for ur mind....

(1) (Reply)

"The Hustle Is Real" — Female Beggar Disappears After Being Told To Bring Prove / Man Caught With Sardines Around His Waist After Stealing It From A Supermarket / Liberalism Is Satanic And A Crime Against Humanity (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.