Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings (392 Views)

Kaduna Man Faints Seeing House His Wife Juan Built From Her Savings / Yahoo Boys Don Learn How To Withdraw Money From ATM Card Without OTP / See The Amount Of Money This Lady Realised After She Broke Her Savings Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by fasterwell(m): 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
Greetings And Happy Sunday To You All.

Please I need your advice on this issue because I believe it wasn't her fault that her ATM card was given to the wrong people.

I called a sister yesterday and she narrated how she went to the bank to pick up her ATM card but had to wait for several hours before she was got the card.

Since she has wasted so much time she hurriedly put the card into her bag thinking it her card and left the bank immediately.

Then by 12 am she started receiving debits alerts. That was when she checked her bag and found out that she was given another person's ATM card while hers was given to another also.

The person cleared N310k from her account just like that and the bank hasn't done anything about it since it was their fault.

Please I want to know if she was at fault for not checking the card before leaving the bank.

Thanks

Na POLARIS BANK
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
She went to collect a new card and they gave her another person’s card??

I’m still trying to get how this happened cos there’s a dual control in card collection process. Both the customer service person and the HOP shouldn’t make the same error naaaa..:

Unless you are talking about an old card that got stuck on the machine..even at that ...the bank couldn’t have given the customer your pin...
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by Ikjosh04: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mtchweeeee, you can't say the name of the bank.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by Olamide08118074(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ikjosh04:
Abi��
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by fasterwell(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
1StopRudeness:
She went to collect a new card and they gave her another person’s card??

I’m still trying to get how this happened cos there’s a dual control in card collection process. Both the customer service person and the HOP shouldn’t make the same error naaaa..:

Unless you are talking about an old card that got stuck on the machine..even at that ...the bank couldn’t have given the customer your pin...

This is new card and i am also confused.

It might be that her card details went into the wrong through an insider working in the bank.

It happened to a friend
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by fasterwell(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
Olamide08118074:

Abi��

POLARIS BANK
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by fasterwell(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ikjosh04:

POLARIS BANK
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
fasterwell:

This is new card and i am also confused.

It might be that her card details went into the wrong through an insider working in the bank.

It happened to a friend

This is weird....but it’s possible if it’s an instant card...the type u get immediately, that you don’t have to come back after a week of request.

it’s possible that when they were mapping the card to the account, th mistake happened with another customer waiting to collect too....either way, I think it’s the bank’s loss....they’ll pay in full
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by fasterwell(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
1StopRudeness:

This is weird....but it’s possible if it’s an instant card...the type u get immediately, that you don’t have to come back after a week of request.

it’s possible that when they were mapping the card to the account, th mistake happened with another customer waiting to collect too....either way, I think it’s the bank’s loss....they’ll pay in full

But the bank is silent on the matter since November last year
Re: HELP! Her Bank Gave Her ATM Card To A Customer Who Cleared All Her Savings by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
fasterwell:

But the bank is silent on the matter since November last year

Burn their cable, on Twitter, face book, and go to CBN to complain...it’s not actually hard to walk into CBN...my house isn’t too far from CBN anyways....

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About 5G And Covid 19 Virus..by Mr Ausin / . / Do You Eat Pork Meat? If You Read This, You’ll Think Twice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.