Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,618 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

"Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia (402 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia / 900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by Calismart(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Reno Omokri has taken to his Facebook account to share what happened while in a church in Ethiopia.
The aide of former president, Goodluck Jonathan recounted how an Ethiopian priest told him that closing the eyes while praying is not biblical.
Reno went ahead to remind us that the Ethiopians were the oldest Christians in the world and that they became Christians almost immediately Jesus died (Acts 8:38)
In Summary, The Ethiopians and jews Christians do not close their eyes while praying.

https://www.storiesmagic.com.ng/2020/02/closing-your-eyes-while-praying-is.html?m=1

Re: "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by chatinent: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
Wetin da one know kwanu?
Re: "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
Waiting for Oyedepo and Adeboye's stance.

Cos they close their eyes in those churches.
Re: "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by Mrrationalshop: 2:51am On Feb 17, 2020
What is he trying to say that we should not close our eyes when we are praying
Re: "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by Image123(m): 4:18am On Feb 17, 2020
Closing of eyes to pray is not a command but a good practice. It easily helps concentration and devotion. Reno who claims to be a pastor ought to know that. All these people who don't know nothing yet claim to know so much. So an orthodox priest bamboozled you into a new revelation which should have been basic knowledge as a Christian child.

2 Likes

Re: "Closing The Eyes When Praying Is Wrong"priest Tells Reno Omokri In Ethiopia by peggywebbs(f): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
I think all Christians know this already. I don't close my eyes all the time but most times when I don't I get easily distracted. But I prefer to open my eyes and none of my pastors have ever complained about it.

I just think its a common practice that everyone is used to and grew up knowing.

(1) (Reply)

Insight Into The Book Of Revelation / Nigeria Police Arrest Acclaimed Atheist, Mubarak Bala, For Alleged Blasphemy / The Rapture Is Very Eminent And Quite Closer Than We Think: Be Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.