Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,355 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds (4521 Views)

Agric Zyme Organic Fertilizer: The Lasting Solution / Management Of Weeds And Weed Seeds: Organically And Conventionally / Economic Importance Of Weeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2020
How much do you spend on weeding your cassava and maize every season? Do you wish there was a longer lasting solution to the stubborn weeds affecting maize and cassava? Worry no more, VIGOR [/b]is here”
Vigor is a broad spectrum systemic pre emergence herbicide for the control of broadleaves, sedges and grasses in maize and cassava.
Mode of Use:
Apply immediately after sowing or within 24 hours on wet soil for best results
Benefits include;
Long control period of 8 – 10 weeks
It controls weeds at the critical stage of crop growth
Control of grasses at 3 leaf stages maximum and broadleaves control at 6 leaf stage
Control of Cyperus esculentus (Sedges)
It minimizes the need for a post emergence herbicide in maize and cassava
Vigor contains three active ingredients –mesotrione, S-metholachlor & terbuthylazine

For more inquiries and purchase call [b]08112940846

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by ikelords(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2020
Do you have for rice?
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 9:42am On Feb 17, 2020
ikelords:
Do you have for rice?

Yes sir, We do.
We have Buster for pre-emergence herbicide for rice and Nominee Gold for post emergence in rice which comes highly recommended.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by ikelords(m): 9:54am On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

Yes sir, We do.
We have Buster for pre-emergence herbicide for rice and Nominee Gold for post emergence in rice which comes highly recommended.
I mean selective herbicide for rice. Does it have propanil? Upload the pix let me see
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 10:47am On Feb 17, 2020
ikelords:
I mean selective herbicide for rice. Does it have propanil? Upload the pix let me see

Our nominee is a selective herbicide.
We also have a new product that is stronger than propanil which is Actrox.
It is a selective herbicide, the active ingredients include Penoxsulam 10g/l + Cyhalofop-butyl 50g/l OD
The product will deliver on the following:
Wider spectrum control
Longer residual activity
Effective for complex weed flora in rice without phototoxicity
Human, Crop & Environmental safety

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

Our nominee is a selective herbicide.
We also have a new product that is stronger than propanil which is Actrox.
It is a selective herbicide, the active ingredients include Penoxsulam 10g/l + Cyhalofop-butyl 50g/l OD
The product will deliver on the following:
Wider spectrum control
Longer residual activity
Effective for complex weed flora in rice without phototoxicity
Human, Crop & Environmental safety

The first picture shows before treatment and teh second picture shows after treatment in 9 days

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Atlanticfire: 11:19am On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:
How much do you spend on weeding your cassava and maize every season? Do you wish there was a longer lasting solution to the stubborn weeds affecting maize and cassava? Worry no more, VIGOR [/b]is here”
Vigor is a broad spectrum systemic pre emergence herbicide for the control of broadleaves, sedges and grasses in maize and cassava.
Mode of Use:
Apply immediately after sowing or within 24 hours on wet soil for best results
Benefits include;
Long control period of 8 – 10 weeks
It controls weeds at the critical stage of crop growth
Control of grasses at 3 leaf stages maximum and broadleaves control at 6 leaf stage
Control of Cyperus esculentus (Sedges)
It minimizes the need for a post emergence herbicide in maize and cassava
Vigor contains three active ingredients –mesotrione, S-metholachlor & terbuthylazine

For more inquiries and purchase call [b]08112940846

Cassava is broad leaf and maize is a grass. How does this your herbicide control both broad leaves and grasses without injury to the cassava or maize
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2020
Atlanticfire:

Cassava is broad leaf and maize is a grass. How does this your herbicide control both broad leaves and grasses without injury to the cassava or maize

VIGOR is a broad spectrum pre-emergence herbicide for control of broadleaves, grasses and sedges in Maize and Cassava. Note that Vigor is applied pre-emergence (before the Maize and/or Cassava germinates) to control the weed seeds and prevents the weed seed from germination. It therefore does not have any toxicity on Maize or Cassava.
Pictures of trial is below.

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
ikelords:
Do you have for rice?
Do you have selective herbicide for pepper?? Or is there any selective herbicide for pepper??
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Atlanticfire: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

VIGOR is a broad spectrum pre-emergence herbicide for control of broadleaves, grasses and sedges in Maize and Cassava. Note that Vigor is applied pre-emergence (before the Maize and/or Cassava germinates) to control the weed seeds and prevents the weed seed from germination. It therefore does not have any toxicity on Maize or Cassava.
Pictures of trial is below.

A review of the active ingredients of your herbicide shows that it should be quite effective as a pre-emergent herbicide for corn.

How does it compare cost wise to Atrazine?

Psalmy2cute:

Do you have selective herbicide for pepper?? Or is there any selective herbicide for pepper??

You should be able to use fusilade forte as a selective herbicide for pepper. We have used it for tomatoes previously.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Atlanticfire:

A review of the active ingredients of your herbicide shows that it should be quite effective as a pre-emergent herbicide for corn.

You should be able to use fusilade forte as a selective herbicide for pepper. We have used it for tomatoes previously.
Pls what's the price? And where can I get this herbicide.?? Weeds are trying to frustrate my effort
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

You can use our selective herbicide, GALLANT SUPER. The active ingredient is Haloxyfop-p-methylester. It is selective for control of grass weeds in pepper and other crops.

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Atlanticfire: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Pls what's the price? And where can I get this herbicide.?? Weeds are trying to frustrate my effort

It is a syngenta product, so check with their sales agents.

I got from someone at biostadt some years back.

Check their website Www.biostadtgroup.com
Their contact is there.

You can also use their codal gold herbicide as pre emergent herbicide while you use the fusilade as post emergent herbicide.

Jubaili seem to have a lot of range of farm chemicals to choose from. You can also check with them to see what they can advise you to use.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

You can use our selective herbicide, GALLANT SUPER. The active ingredient is Haloxyfop-p-methylester. It is selective for control of grass weeds in pepper and other crops.

My pepper plants are newly transplanted.. I hope this wont cause any problems??
If yes, pls what's the price??

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Atlanticfire:

Their contact is there.

You can also use their codal gold herbicide as pre emergent herbicide while you use the fusilade as post emergent herbicide.

Jubaili seem to have a lot of range of farm chemicals to choose from. You can also check with them to see what they can advise you to use.
Thank you
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Atlanticfire:

With atrazine, you need tot use a post emergence herbicide (Nicosulfuron, etc) about 5-6 weeks after planting. With Vigor, the field remains clean for up to 10 weeks after planting. This saves cost of labour and minimizes stress on the plant.
However, we have our Atraz brands as well

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

You can use GALLANT SUPER. Please where is your location? We have offices across the country.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Please call our customer care line for price details 08112940846
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

You can use GALLANT SUPER. Please where is your location? We have offices across the country.
My location is abeokuta ogun state, .... but you didnt answer my question above o,.. is the plant too young to use herbicide on??
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Emmah123: 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Please do you have effective pre-emergent herbicide for okra?

1 Like

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Looking at the picture, majority of the weeds are broadleaf weeds. Gallant Super works for only grass weeds so it may not be the best solution. However, it won't affect the newly transplanted pepper.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
faetth:

Looking at the picture, majority of the weeds are broadleaf weeds. Gallant Super works for only grass weeds so it may not be the best solution. However, it won't affect the newly transplanted pepper.
Is there any other alternative?? .. the major weed I have in my farm is ewedu and some other weeds I cant identify.. and the drip irrigation is encouraging their growth...
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by OluchiDelly: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Atlanticfire:

Their contact is there.

Sire, the active ingredient in fusillade can only control grasses, anything broadleaves will be spared after application.
Pre-emergents are applied before sowing/germination. Most pre-emergents are good for seeded and root crops, and not very good for transplanted crops. When some of them are applied after land preparation, if transplanted crops such as pepper and tomatoes are planted, they will struggle to survive.
Did you use the codal gold for transplanted crops? Any idea of its a.i?
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by OluchiDelly: 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
@faetth if u have good and tested pre emergents for transplanted crops, do let me know.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
OluchiDelly:
@faetth if u have good and tested pre emergents for transplanted crops, do let me know.

We currently do not have for transplanted crops. We are working on it.
If you know any other part of farming that needs improvement do let us know.
Thanks.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by nkemjacob2(m): 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
U people should go organic b4 una carry cancer give person
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
nkemjacob2:
How do you organically weed 10hectres of land??..
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by OluchiDelly: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
nkemjacob2:

No doubt organic is safer. The truth is, no nation can attain food suffiency with 100% organic.
Do not be deceived, the developed countries also do inorganic. In fact some of the chemicals people are advertising are bayer, a German product, and they are also used over there.
If we follow the instruction, dosage and direction on their labels, the negative effects will be very negligible.
Those chemicals are not really bad the way we use to portray them, its only our mode of applying them. Our agric extension officers at the local levels just need to do more.
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by Jomijaky: 12:44am On Feb 18, 2020
How much
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 8:08am On Feb 18, 2020
Jomijaky:
How much
Good Morning sir, how much for which product sir?
Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by faetth: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2020
nkemjacob2:

We also have a storage product that is safer and organic for the storage of grains and can last up to six months. The grains can also be consumed after application as it has no withholding period unlike other storage products.

Re: Longer Lasting Solution To The Stubborn Weeds by FarmTech(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Atlanticfire:

Pls hw much is this fusilade ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Hybrid Pineapple Suckers ,We Give You For Free in Large Quantity / Nigerian Govt, This Is How To Rare Cows: Botswana Woman Displaying Her 900 Cows / Is Payfarmer Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.