Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) (1987 Views)

Fan Said 'Tonto Dikeh Had A Miscarriage' - Tonto Fires Back At Fan (pic) / Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Omoni Oboli With President Jonathan At Private Screening Of 'Being Mrs Elliot' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 11:08am On Dec 16, 2010
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50Lzc3MTQ0NDU4MDUyMjkzNDAyMTE4ODA3NDQ4NDAyNTY1MTU4MTMzMzczNTNuLmpwZw==&s=MTIvMTYvMjAxMA==&w=600[/img]

BON-AWARDS-GATE Uncovered!
Never in my life have I seen such a great miscarriage of Justice!

Wetin happen? I hear you asking… okay… Let me oblige you.

Recently an event was held in the sleepy town of Ijebu Ode, Ogun State called Best of Nollywood Awards (BON). It was organized by an enterprising, young man that goes by the name Seun Oloketuyi.

All went well until it got to the Award for Best Actress. Nominees were Genevieve Nnaji for Silent Scandals, Omoni Oboli for The Figurine, Ini Edo for White Hunters, Rita Dominic for The Maiden, Nse Ikpe Etim for Guilty Pleasures.

The award came with a $10,000 dollar prize and Naturally, everyone wanted to see who would win it.

The declared winner was Omoni Oboli and everyone congratulated her and went home.however was there was a great injustice done.
On the voting page of the website(note that these results hae been deleted from the site) the results clearly show the winner

Actress in a leading role (English)

Genevie Nnaji � Silent Scandal 693 (66.76%)
Omoni Oboli � Figurine 52 (5.01%)
Ini Edo � White Hunters 119 (11.46%)
Rita Dominic � The Maiden 59 (5.68%)
Nse Ikpe Etim � Guilty Pleasures 115 (11.08%)

Total votes: 1038

So Omoni actually came last yet, she was given the award!!

Why?

Why did Unilever stoop so low?, ooops i get it,Unilever is the sponsor of the figurine movie so they felt the leading actress in the moie they sponsored had to take home the money?

What is really going on here, my people? Why would someone agree to commit such blatant day light robbery in the full glare of the world?
Do they think we Nigerians are fools?

In these days of internet, google and wikileaks? Has corruption, the bane of our nation, eaten so deep into our society that an actress would feel no qualms about being part of a grand scheme to steal what rightfully belongs to another person?

Meanwhile in the unfolding drama, the undeclared but true winner, Genevieve has pasted the link of the result on her Twitter page for the world to see, while the actress in question (Omoni) is busy going around praising herself for being the best actress in Nollywood!

You don’t believe me?

Go see her Twitter page and Facebook page!

Then Seun has the guts to say voting is 30% while judge's decision is 70%!! To all this I say fa-fa-foul!
These are truly the days of Wikileaks!!

God help us in Nigeria!

Meanwhile, Seun has some explaining to do and Omoni has some returning of dollars to do…. Or don’t you think so? We are waiting o! We must follow this saga to the very end!

Bon awards gate eeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L09tb25pLU9ib2xpLmpwZ2V0ZXQuanBn&s=MTIvMTYvMjAxMA==&w=600[/img]
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2010
This is not right but then again, it's Nigeria. grin
May that which belongs to me not be given to someone else without my consent. Amen! cool
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by coolnice(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2010
wow not fair. but maybe there is nore to the outcome
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2010
Missy ★ B:

This is not right but then again, it's Nigeria. grin
May that which belongs to me not be given to someone else without my consent. Amen! cool

I disagree that illegalities should be excused away as Nigerian factor. Omoni should return the award and the organisers made to apologise to Nigerian people. We can not continue to accept separate standard because our parents were born in Nigeria.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 11:49am On Dec 16, 2010
kITA TITA:

I disagree that illegalities should be excused away as Nigerian factor. Omoni should return the award and the organisers made to apologise to Nigerian people. We can not continue to accept separate standard because our parents were born in Nigeria.
Actually, with the first line of my previous comment, I wasn't trying to excuse or encourage corruption/unjust manipulation. It's more like an expression of normalcy.
Seriously, is the issue of unfair election and corruption in general a new phenomenon in Nigeria? It's not right but we cannot turn a blind eye to its existence in our society. That is what my comment implied.

I agree that Omoni has some dollars to return- Yes. cool
For so many reasons, I actually blame the juries. Some important questions I would want to put forward- Can Omoni be blamed at all? How many people would reject the award, even with full knowledge that it isn't theirs? If you were Genevieve, what would you do?
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by ifyalways(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
Na wao.
No long thing,I don't think Gen is fighting for the fame or dough rather the sheer robbery and injustice. undecided
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
ifyalways:

Na wao.
No long thing,I don't think Gen is fighting for the fame or dough rather the sheer robbery and injustice.  undecided

Gbam! cool
If I were Gene, I'D be fighting for that too.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nellyon(f): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
Not really surprised. Its Nigeria afterall, though i think they should just have given her an award instead of trying to 'act' like they drew from a poll.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
Nellyon:

Not really surprised. Its Nigeria afterall, though i think they should just have given her an award instead of trying to 'act' like they drew from a poll.
My point exactly!
If the mind of the juries had been made up to give Omoni the award, why create a poll? And then insult the intelligence of the public by making the contestant with the least vote the winner?
The juries are just dense. How could they present an A-list actress ( Not just any A-list actress but Genevieve Nnaji cool) and Omoni (this is not to insult Omoni as, I also like her) and expect Omoni/any other actress to get even 1 vote, much more win legitimately?  Impossible!  cool
Come on! They could have found a better way to rig it instead of simply coming out to call the voting public fools, indirectly.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nakele(f): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2010
Me myself , am very surprised and shocked at the same time,,,,,,,,, this is what awe call day-light robbery,,,,,,, why would the jury put up a poll, to begin with, if they already had Omoni in mind as a winner?
The actually wasted our hard earned money on that poll, we voted for nothing,,,,,,,, And by the way, if they said their votes count 70%, what criteria did they use to determine their winner? How could they overlook the wide gap between gene and omoni? Just for the mere USD 10k? How low can one step, where is segun's pride and self dignity?

I seriously am shocked to hear someone has been ripped off the award publicly, Omoni has been rejected by the public and came last for that case,,,,,,,I feel that the award should have gone to the right winner, regardless who they are, Gene my gal don't feel bad cos what God has for u , he will NEVER give it away,,,,,,,I believe you will make that 10k like 10times,,,,,,,,may God richly bless you, and to the award robbers,,,,, just know that God is patiently waiting to judge you in heaven,,,,,,,I rest ma case and am out,,,,,,,,,
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by ifyalways(f): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Actually, with the first line of my previous comment, I wasn't trying to excuse or encourage corruption/unjust manipulation. It's more like an expression of normalcy.
Seriously, is the issue of unfair election and corruption in general a new phenomenon in Nigeria? It's not right but we cannot turn a blind eye to its existence in our society. That is what my comment implied.

I agree that Omoni has some dollars to return- Yes. cool
For so many reasons, I actually blame the juries. Some important questions I would want to put forward- [b]Can Omoni be blamed at all? [/b]How many people would reject the award, even with full knowledge that it isn't theirs? If you were Genevieve, what would you do?
@Bolded,NO.
But as it is now,If i were her,i wud do the right thing;call a press conference,distance myself from the fraud and declare myself ready to refund half the money cheesy.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2010
ifyalways:

@Bolded,NO.
But as it is now,If i were her,i wud do the right thing;call a press conference,distance myself from the fraud and declare myself ready to refund half the money cheesy.

Why not all the money?
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by ifyalways(f): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2010
kITA TITA:

Why not all the money?
why shld i do that?
Na me send Organizers do ojoro?For my stress,time and most importantly rubbishing my image and bringing me in to this kind of mess.5k is not much but me,i still gotta do it.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MrCork6: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2010
very ugly womens. but why MUST they be dark skin? angry
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2010
ifyalways:

@Bolded,NO.
But as it is now,If i were her,i wud do the right thing;call a press conference,distance myself from the fraud and declare myself ready to refund half the money  cheesy.
Very wise thing to do.
It's now said that, there was no money involved in the award but, as we know, every award won (whether there's a pecuniary reward involved or not) is important as, it takes your status higher. So, the award is important to Gene.
Omoni should, as you've said, call a press conference and distance herself from the fraud.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2010
Seun OLOKETUYI
I have read thrice stella post on Genny Nnaji and bon Awards and I can tell who cares to hear the truth that it is full of lies,half truths and misinformations .
Stella igonarantly posted that Geneive nnaji lost 10,000 dollars because she didnt not win the Actress of the year category whereas there was no money attached to that category but a different category which is an AUDIENCE POLL CALLED Sunlight Refreshing and fresh category in which the nominess were Funke Akindele,Mercy Johnson,Ronke oshodi and omoni oboli had the prize tag.

It is important that stella should stop manipulating facts and report issues as it happen,we are the organisers of Bon Awards and stella cant claim to know the rules of the competition than us in a competition we put together.we have come to say that the Jury has 70percent and online and sms accounts for just 30 percent and if you can ask stella why is that it is only Genny that she is advocating for as there were other people who lost the online voting but won the jury confidence.

It is important to let stella know that the vision of Bon AWARDS is to reward excellence and also encourage professionalism and these we will defend with all our might,unlike stella who takes delights in bringing down the stars with so many unconfirmed stories just like these great misinformations and confusion she has tried to cause since monday we are a builder of the industry with so many initiatives that has help the industry,today we are publisbers of the movie directory,best of nollywood magazine and producers of best of nollywood
AWARDS but what can stella be noted for Destroyers of people images and works through misinformation just like these one she has done from the cold in her house in Germany relying on heresay and beer parlour bb messages to cause harm to a good cause.

we continued to stand by our 5 man jury who believed that Omoni was better in the movie Figurine than Geneive in silent scandals,if our jury were wrong like stella wants the world to believe was the all whites jury who voted omoni best actress for her role in Anchor babe also wrong in picking her best actress in Harlem film festival in new york or is she not aware that same day she won best actress in Bon AWARDS she also won best Actress at the Los Angeles film festival .

we will continue to take good criticism but will continue to go Head to Head with people who are all hellbent on destroying Bon AWARDS.
we rest our case
Seun OLOKETUYI

Click the link below to go to ,

MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) AND Genevie Nnaji (66.76%)
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2010
I posted the first part of their response but the spambot dealt with it. If interested, you could check my posts to read it.

The only thing they did is hit on ''haters''. People are out to tarnish image but no concrete explanation for the injustice. Shame!
See part of Dele Odufuye's comment below

BON Awards demmed it fit for Omoni Oboli to win an award. So what? Mark of Facebook won the TIME Person of the year, but check his position on the poll out (http:///fdbawZ).

Is that to say, Julian deserves it more than Mark. I don't think so. Does it mean, Gennie deserves it more than Omoni, I don't thinke so either. Does online poll don't count again. Definitely it does. But you cannot base serious award solely on what content internet users put there. That is why not all information on Wikipedia are correct, because you are also free to put anything there. I wonder what Stella will write on wikipedia about BON Awards. I was just wondering.

1 - The link provided to check out Mark's poll result has nothing to do with Mark.
2- Even if Mark didn't win legitimately, must they emulate TIME? Is this even an excuse? undecided
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by jamolomo(f): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2010
abeg genny is too proud and i swear she said doesnt really care about awards pls omoni deserves it ojare
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2010
Have you met Gene in person? She, just like everyone else, cares about what she deserves.
Omoni may deserve it but she didn't win, Gene did.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by favouredjb(f): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
Not a fan of either of the two actresses,but omoni shld av it
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by ifyalways(f): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2010
favouredjb:

Not a fan of either of the two actresses,but omoni shld av it
Care to explain why she shld have it,especially If she did NOT win it ?
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by favouredjb(f): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
i just feel she deserves it more
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nellyon(f): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2010
favouredjb:

so she should have it even though she clearly did not win it and consequently doesnt deserve it?
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by Nakele(f): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
Quote from: favouredjb on December 21, 2010, 12:37 PM

so she should have it even though she clearly did not win it and consequently doesnt deserve it?

********************************************************************************

LOLEST, VERY FUNNY
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MeGaStReEt: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Missy*B, are you Gene's sister, manager, friend or aunty?

I no sure say Genevieve take the thing serious like this self
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by bleedinluv: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
I tire oo! Missy b,d defender of d underdog. Genny dis, genny dat shoo,dnt u want odas 2 shine 2? D sky is open 4 a lot of stars,y always conc on 1 star? Mr cork pls say smtin anoyin 2 distract dis genny madnes. Is even d ladies dat adore her mor dan d guys. Abegabegabeg change topic.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice! Omoni Oboli (5.01%) And Genevie Nnaji (66.76%) by MissyB3(f): 12:13am On Dec 24, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

@Missy*B, are you Gene's sister, manager, friend or aunty?

I no sure say Genevieve take the thing serious like this self
bleedinluv:

I tire oo! Missy b,d defender of d underdog. Genny dis, genny dat shoo,dnt u want odas 2 shine 2? D sky is open 4 a lot of stars,y always conc on 1 star? Mr cork pls say smtin anoyin 2 distract dis genny madnes. Is even d ladies dat adore her mor dan d guys. Abegabegabeg change topic.
Hehehe . . . Why e deh pain una na? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Alicia Keys Wants Her Son Egypt To Be Compassionate / They Say The Name Of Beyonce's Baby Means Lucifer's Daughter In Latin / See Him Now:chris Brown Winning As Rapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.