Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative (15850 Views)

Testing Kits Contaminated With Coronavirus As They Head To The UK / Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive / Coronavirus: Reddington Hospital Patient Tests Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Blindersoff: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2020

A patient who was placed under surveillance at a hospital in Egypt over coronavirus has tested negative.

The patient, said to be a foreigner, was reported as Africa’s first coronavirus case on February 14.

But four days later, the Egyptian health ministry and the World Health Organisation announced that repeated polymerase chain reaction (PCR) analysis, a test conducted on coronavirus patients, came out negative when the patient was examined.

Khaled Megahed, the health ministry’s spokesperson, said a medical team had been conducting periodic checks and analysis on the patient.

According to him, the PCR analysis was conducted six times over three consecutive days, under the supervision of the health ministry and the WHO – the results proving negative each time.

He, added that the patient will, however remain under quarantine for the next 14 days.

The news comes two days after Kem Daryl, Africa’s first coronavirus patient, recovered from the virus.

Daryl, a Cameroonian student living in the Chinese city of Jingzhou had contracted the disease and placed under a 14-day quarantine.

Unlike other victims, Daryl began to show signs of recovery after two weeks in isolation at a local Chinese hospital.

The computerised tomography (CT) scan carried out on him had thereafter showed no sign of the illness.

When he was discharged from the hospital, Daryl said he never thought of leaving China because he did not want to import the disease to Africa.

“No matter what happens, I don’t want to take the sickness back to Africa. When I was going to the hospital, I was thinking about my death and how I thought it was going to happen,” he said from his varsity dormitory, where he was being quarantined,” he had said.

Coronavirus has been confirmed in Singapore, UK, Spain, Vietnam, Germany, UAE, France, Japan, Thailand, Canada, Australia, Italy, Russia, the United States, among other countries.

Over 64,000 cases of the disease have been recorded worldwide, with about 1,800 deaths.

WHO had declared the outbreak a global health emergency, appealing for $675 million to fund a three-month response plan.

https://www.thecable.ng/africa-free-of-coronavirus-as-egyptian-suspect-tests-negative/amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by internationalman(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Corona will soon be a thing of the past.

Africans running from corona like

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Topxcel: 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hah thank God.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Razram: 5:58am On Feb 20, 2020
Africa is blessed. Enter Africa and ur virus is gone forever coz the atmosphere of Africa is a cure Itself for.corona.virus. the fear of Africa is the beginning of wisdom

31 Likes

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Onu07(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2020
Thank God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by ZombieHUNT: 11:23am On Feb 20, 2020
It's definitely coming to Nigeria

Hq of the shithole under the lifeless one

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Lovelyn451(f): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2020
T
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by ZombieHUNT: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2020
Razram:
Africa is blessed. Enter Africa and ur virus is gone forever coz the atmosphere of Africa is a cure Itself for.corona.virus. the fear of Africa is the beginning of wisdom

Dont let HIV virus hear you

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2020
Make we still dey on alert oh abeg. Me sef as i dey eat my rice I dey observe my surroundings oh

22 Likes

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Heineken(m): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2020
The thing Sha wan enter the Africa � by force. Nawao.. Na because of the too much corruption.

1 Like

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Righteousness89(m): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2020
Thanks to GOD that no official case has been Recorded in our Country..

That being said! I Advice the Federal Government of Nigeria to enforce Very Strict entrance search on People especially those from Asia..

It is not the Time to collect Bribes in Foreign currencies and Give freeway to Chinese or Asians..

Corona Virus is sooo Deadly, Many of them are running away from their country and Africa would possibly be a destination..

Medical personnels themselves are dying despite all the protection equipment and those alive are running from people..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by TechCapon(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Lol. The fact is that Africa does not have the test kits to test for Corona virus. Egypt is the first country to get the test kits and they just got it a few days ago. How do you know you don't have Corona virus when you can't even conduct tests.

13 Likes

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 20, 2020
undecided
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Lordpeckxy(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Gbagam, Nah so E go Be....
Let the Corona kill only the white..

God Bless Africa

God Bless The Black Race

God Bless My f**king Country Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by money121(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Ope ni fun olorun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by finesounds01(m): 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Chloroquine has been confirmed to be a cure for corona virus, so no panic

1 Like

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by OakConsultNG: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Good news there..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
It's definitely coming to Nigeria

Hq of the shithole under the lifeless one
It can't survive in hot climates.
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by autonomous22: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
ThankGod ...We already have too much problem in Africa ,especially in Nigeria... ....So this one shud not com plz
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by tartar9(m): 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
coronavirus doesn't want to tour Africa sad
Speak of racism

11 Likes

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by AmadorSays: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Africans might just be immune to this virus

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by wilemer: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Blindersoff1:

A patient who was placed under surveillance at a hospital in Egypt over coronavirus has tested negative.

The patient, said to be a foreigner, was reported as Africa’s first coronavirus case on February 14.

But four days later, the Egyptian health ministry and the World Health Organisation announced that repeated polymerase chain reaction (PCR) analysis, a test conducted on coronavirus patients, came out negative when the patient was examined.

Khaled Megahed, the health ministry’s spokesperson, said a medical team had been conducting periodic checks and analysis on the patient.

According to him, the PCR analysis was conducted six times over three consecutive days, under the supervision of the health ministry and the WHO – the results proving negative each time.

good news for Africa
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by OKUCHI11(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2020
ok
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by FuckThaMod: 11:27am On Feb 20, 2020
That's how we roll.. We Africans are special breed, we tough and resilient. If not we for die tey tey due to bad everything surrounding us.
Do you know a white man going through an organ transplant prefers the organ to be from a black man?

Meanwhile i just saw a post saying it's the Lord doing.. Thunder fire you there!
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by dohyinsohlah(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2020
Don't know how true this is

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by SavageResponse(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2020
Skyebestpropert:
Praise God for that ,the Lord that keep Africa never sleep nor slumber.OAU&oui student accoommodation 08169670189

Must you people bring religion into everything?
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2020
It's nice to hear that.
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by Kobicove(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2020
I find it very hard to believe that this thing has not yet reached one African nation undecided
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by tommykiwi(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2020
Black is always ahead in terms of health wise and strength compare to the Whites but on other matters they are far far ahead of us
Re: Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative by samuel19222(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2020
happy about this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Lagos Battles Shortage Of Reagents, FCT Running Out Of Test Kits / Lagos Discharges One More Coronavirus Patient / WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.