Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Training On Pig Agribusiness - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Training On Pig Agribusiness (1400 Views)

Free Practical Training On Pig Farming To Create Wealth / 5 Agribusiness You Can Start In 2018 / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 3:06am On Feb 20, 2020
From my experience at the piggery where I operate.most people are into pig farming and not pig agribusiness.I see most people know nothing and next to nothing about agribusiness and that prompted this training.
It is also for those that want to start pig agribusiness and doesn't know how to start.
The training is a systematic approach where I will be giving out about 10 e-books on pig farming.Then we move to questions and from what u have read in the e-books.secret of agribusiness like number of feeding times.my insights and insights of successful pig farmers.
pig nutrition which is one of my strength.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by dorispray: 6:13am On Feb 20, 2020
wengerman:
From my experience at the piggery where I operate.most people are into pig farming and not pig agribusiness.I see most people know nothing and next to nothing about agribusiness and that prompted this training.
It is also for those that want to start pig agribusiness and doesn't know how to start.
The training is a systematic approach where I will be giving out about 10 e-books on pig farming.Then we move to questions and from what u have read in the e-books.secret of agribusiness like number of feeding times.my insights and insights of successful pig farmers.
pig nutrition which is one of my strength.

Alright you've the floor. Please go ahead with your intention.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
nutrition is key in pig farming because it takes at least 70% of your cost
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
too much salt will depress growth,know the optimum amount of salt to be added

1 Like

Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
feed and nutrition is the key. The business is all about your cost of feed vis a vis fcr feed conversion rate and adg average daily gain
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 4:07am On Feb 23, 2020
training is key in pig farming
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
pig agribusiness is scientific,learn the science and art of pig production today
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by ajiboyeshola(m): 5:58am On Feb 25, 2020
please WHO will link me up with pig training watsap group am in need of it.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 8:23am On Feb 25, 2020
ajiboyeshola:
please WHO will link me up with pig training watsap group am in need of it.
drop your digits
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Practical applications of probiotics in pig production
Increased sows feed consumption, protection against piglet diarrhea, meat quality improvement and many more…
Probiotics are used in all stages of porcine production: sow herd, nursery and growing-finishing pigs. Generally speaking, the use of probiotics aims to establish a healthy gut microbiota, improve health, well-being and productivity of the animals (Cho et al. 2011). However, if we are more specific, the practical application (or result) of using probiotics can be distinct in every context (see table 1). This article briefly describes main applications for which probiotics have been evaluated in different productive stages of swine production.
Table 1. Main applications of probiotics in the swine industry. Adapted from Barba-Vidal et al. Practical aspects of the use of probiotics in pig production: A review. Livestock Science 223 (2019) 84–96.
Sow herd
Reduction of clinical signs of the uterus and/or udder disease
Increase feed consumption during last pregnancy stages or lactation
Improvement of body condition at the end of lactation
Reduction of the weaning–estrus interval due to energy mobilization
Improvement of colostrum quality, milk quality and quantity
Reduction of gut pathogens in sows and/or piglets
Modulation of litter immunity
Enhancement of litter size
Enhancement of growth rates of the piglets
Reduction of clinical signs of diarrhea in piglets
Delivery of probiotics to piglets
Modulation of stress response
Nursery
Modulation of piglet’s gut microbiota
Protection against pathogenic bacteria, gastrointestinal disorders and diarrhea
Enhancement of intestinal barrier function
Modulation of immunity
Improvement of digestibility, enhanced growth and feed conversion ratio
Improvement of productive parameters in piglets
Supplementation of targeted nutrients
Fattening pigs
Improvement of meat quality
Improvement of digestibility
Reduction of contamination by decreasing fecal NH3- N
Reduction of subclinical pathogenic infections or zoonoses
Reduction of mortality
Improvement of weight gain
Improvement of gut health
Sow herd and piglets
Administering probiotic treatments to sows has demonstrated a dual potential, including benefits for themselves and for piglets. Supplementation of sows with probiotics may increase feed consumption during late pregnancy stages or lactation, improving body condition at the end of lactation (Bohmer et al. 2006). This situation is desirable, because it can cause a reduction of the necessity of energy mobilization at lactation. This, in turn, could be the explanation of the reduction in the weaning–estrus interval that has also been reported with probiotics (Hayakawa et al. 2016). Reproductive-performance-related benefits have also been reported with the use of probiotics in sows. For example, an increase in the number of piglets (Apic et al. 2014) or higher piglet growth rates with greater body weight at weaning (Alexopoulos et al. 2004). Furthermore, a reduction of gut pathogens (Kritas et al. 2015), clinical signs of uterus and/or udder disease (Apic et al. 2014), together with fewer clinical signs of diarrhea in piglets (Taras et al. 2006) have also been described. Finally, there is an ongoing scientific interest to assess the capacity of sows to deliver probiotics to piglets in early-life stages (Scharek-Tedin et al. 2015).
Nursery piglets
Up until today, the nursery period is where the use of probiotics is receiving more interest in swine production, with the aim to improve weaning outcome (de Lange et al. 2010). Weanling piglets have low disease resistance, which makes them vulnerable to stress reactions and invasion by pathogenic microorganisms (Konstantinov et al., 2006). This can be a serious problem, as this period is considered critical in terms of productivity, because performance parameters at the first week post-weaning can be correlated to subsequent performance of the pigs up to the market weight (Kats et al., 1992).
Probiotics can potentially act beneficially in these animals in several ways. For instance, it has been reported that supplementing weanlings with probiotics may prevent or improve diarrhea (Bhandari et al. 2008), re-establish microbial balance after a transient drop in favorable bacteria (Krause et al. 2010), protect against pathogenic bacteria (Casey et al. 2007), enhance intestinal barrier function (Guerra-Ordaz et al. 2014) and stimulate immunity (Lessard et al. 2009). As a consequence of one or a combination of the before-mentioned reasons, probiotics have been reported to improve productive parameters of post-weaning piglets in many occasions (Ahmed et al. 2014, Bhandari et al. 2010).
Fattening pigs
The main objective to use probiotics in this phase would be to enhance productivity. Scientific literature published until now would support the idea that although older pigs have more developed immunity, and capacity to resist intestinal disorders, there is still a margin for probiotics to act and potentiate growth; especially in early growing phases or high-density diets (Meng et al. 2010). Improvement of the final meat quality and organoleptic properties could also be another target for probiotics in this phase, as probiotics have been described to affect meat color, marbling and firmness scores (Černauskienė et al., 2011); and reduce potentially zoonotic infections such as Salmonella spp. (Casey et al., 2007). Finally, a weakly explored but interesting potential of probiotics is to reduce environmental pollutants from animal manure. Several probiotics have been reported to be capable of reducing potential pollutants from manure such as fecal noxious gas (H2S) or ammonia (NH3) content, particularly in pigs fed high-nutrient density diets (Yan and Kim, 2013). The direct mechanisms for these effects are still unknown, although indirect mechanisms such as improving feed efficiency, nutrient retention and modulation of gut microbiota are probably involved.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
my probiotic saturated water ready for use

Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
get on the train today
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2020
register today to be trained as an pig agribusinessman or woman
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by Anabelle85: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
Where is your farm located and how.does.your training operate?
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anabelle85:
Where is your farm located and how.does.your training operate?
my farm is located in ikorodu and the training will take place on whatsapp
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 8:27am On Apr 18, 2020
prevention of death in piglets caused by diarrhea
Most causes of diarrhoea in piglets are infectious but Dr Sue Burlatschenko, a Veterinarian with Goshen Ridge Veterinary Services, told those on hand last month for the 2019 London Swine Conference that death is often a result of dehydration not the actual infection.
"When we look at piglets with diarrohea we tend to think it's an organism and I must treat that but what we tend to forget is what's happening during the course of the diarrhoea," says Dr Burlatschenko.
"These piglets are actually losing body salts like sodium, potassium, bicarbonates and it's really affecting their ability to function normally.
"Although one reaches for an antibiotic, say if it's an E. coli and we think if we treat them they'll get better, we can hasten recovery and improve the quality of piglet by replacing those salts that they're losing.
"That's pretty straight forward. They've been around for a long time. With my producers I often advocate for the use of electrolyte replacement solutions. That usually comes as a concentrate in a jug that you dilute out or you can buy a powdered solution.
"I also encourage you to examine the packaging if you have some there. There are two sets of electrolytes: there's a stress electrolyte that is used for animals that have been shipped and they are coming into the barn, which we often use to help them adjust to the barn. Those are not the ones you want to use.
"You want to use what we call replacement electrolytes and those are specifically designed for animals that are having diarrhoea episodes."

Dr Burlatschenko says that in instances where replacement electrolytes are not immediately available, calf replacement electrolytes will work or producers can use can use a World Health Organisation recipe which includes one litre of water, eight teaspoons of sugar, one teaspoon of table salt and, if desired, flavouring such as Kool-Aid.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2020
join my pig production masterclass to equip yourself with competencies in pig production
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by Anabelle85: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
wengerman:
my farm is located in ikorodu and the training will take place on whatsapp

What's your WhatsApp #?
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Anabelle85:

What's your WhatsApp #?
07053636065 whatsapp only, 08185385212 call and text
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2020
conbating drought and heat stress
top tips from across the globe on how to manage high temperatures on farm, how to prevent and treat heat stress in pigs and how to manage water shortages during a drought
Extreme temperatures and water shortages take their toll on pig herds in particular, with heat stress and heat stroke being prominent causes of weakness, diarrhoea and acute distress. Droughts result in restricted water use across all agricultural businesses and in swine herds, water shortages can be catastrophic – continuous access to clean water is critical for pig health. Wallows (mud baths created through pumping water into shallow mud areas) also provide pigs with some relief from the heat but water use restrictions can prevent the maintenance of such areas.
According to advice published on the website of Western Australia’s Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, “Most animals can transfer internal heat to the outside of the body by sweating and panting – these are the two most important tools for the maintenance of body temperature and form their inbuilt evaporative cooling system. However, pigs do not sweat and have relatively small lungs. Due to these physiological limitations and their relatively thick subcutaneous fat, pigs are prone to heat stress.”
Responsible use of water and keeping your pigs cool are essential to maintaining productivity and welfare in your herd. Below, a rundown of top tips from our network of producers and experts to ensure you can keep your herd happy throughout the year.
Spotting a struggling pig and how to treat them
When a pig’s internal temperature increases, it reaches a point where it can no longer increase moisture loss through increasing respiration – the ‘heat stress emergency’ point. The animal may pant harder but without relief; this cycle can lead to death. In cases in which heat stress occurs only for a short period of time (two to three hours), no lasting harm has been observed in most individuals.
Clinical signs
• Respiration increases in intensity (panting).
• Lethargy when moving.
• Pig reduces its feed intake to slow the internal heat of digestion (sensible heat) being produced.
• Reduced growth in feeder pigs.
• Reduced milk production in lactating sows.
• Loss in weight.
• Diarrhoea.
• Increased water consumption.
• Increased urine output.
• Muscle trembling and weakness.
Treating heat stress
1. Use a cool, wet towel on the neck and back of a pig and change the towel regularly to ensure it is having the desired cooling effect.
2. Consider putting diluted vinegar on the skin as it evaporates quickly, removing heat. Once cooler wash off the vinegar if you wish.
3. Dribble cold water into the rectum of the affected animal using a flutter valve.
4. Feed electrolyte rebalancing solutions to seriously affected pigs.
One top tip: Do not use cold or freezing water to cool pigs down if doing so directly – use tepid water as the shock of cold water has been known to kill pigs.
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2020
To be part of my mind blowing master class
contact 07053636065 whatsapp only, 08185385212 call and text
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2020
limited space available
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by ajailer(m): 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
what is the market like, are there always buyers for the product
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
there is buyers for it except in the north
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2020
pick your seat today
Re: Training On Pig Agribusiness by wengerman: 10:30am On May 01, 2020
register today

(1) (Reply)

What's The Price Update Of Palm Oil & Garri In Your Location ? Let's Make Money. / Water Recirculatory Aquaculture System. Newly Improoved On For Naija Use / The Death Of Oil: Are We Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.