Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance (4323 Views)

President Of 0loshos Mandy Kiss Begs Her Fans She Misled With Her Worldly Life / Toyin Abraham Leads EndSARS Protest In Ibadan After Being Criticized / Seyi Law Reacts After Being Criticized For Standing Up For A Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by gistembassy123: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2020
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Tope Alabi who was spotted at her father's burial dancing 'gbese' rigorously, has reacted to being called out over her "worldly dance" in a video which went viral on social media.

Some social media users who called out the gospel singer, said she is deviating from who she was 10 years ago.

A Facebook user, Adeniji Aderogba wrote;

This is Evangelist Tope Alabi oo.. What is this world turns to for God sake. The Tope Alabi I knew 10 years ago is totally different from this one.
Hmmmm Ogun Esu gbe 'bon o!

However reacting to the video in an interview on TVC's "Wakeup Nigeria", Tope Alabi stated that she needed that dance at that time. According to the gospel singer, she was dancing at her father's burial and people with "spiritual eyes" will understand its meaning.
She added that she just buried her father and that some people get buried by their father, so she needs to dance to give God praise... SleekGist reports

Watch the video below;
https://sleekgist.com/entertainment/gospel-singer-tope-alabi-reacts-after-being-criticized-over-her-worldly-dance-step-video/

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by iretiolu92(f): 8:12am On Feb 20, 2020
Aye le ibosi o, aye dorikodo ko ma Yemi mo, no be she sing the song? Aye ti dorikodo bayi tongue

3 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Davash222(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2020
I have no problem with the dance, but the hair, face and dressing though. She’s looking like a retired Olosho with second class upper.

14 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by iretiolu92(f): 8:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Davash222:
I have no problem with the dance, but the hair, face and dressing though. She’s looking like a retired Olosho with second class upper.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Lebrai: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2020
leave Mama alone

all those hypocrites
Davash222:
I have no problem with the dance, but the hair, face and dressing though. .
yeah
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Davash222(m): 8:23am On Feb 20, 2020
Lebrai:

all those hypocrites
yeah
You didn’t say anything about my second observation.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Young03(m): 8:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Retired runs babe

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Kolisky(m): 8:27am On Feb 20, 2020
Davash222:

grin grin

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by espn(m): 8:33am On Feb 20, 2020
You can dance anyhow you like...but which one is spiritual eyes again...una don start...
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2020
There are countless ways to praise GOD for his goodness and mercy and faithfulness in our life,gbese is not one of them o!
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 20, 2020
Davash222:
spot on..

Thats what I told my sister when i saw the video.. The dance is not the problem, but her looks..

5 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by adebayour26: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2020
espn:
You can dance anyhow you like...but which one is spiritual eyes again...una don start...
I wonder ooo
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by adebayour26: 9:57am On Feb 20, 2020
To me, all the things she was saying in the interview were bullshit. Like everyone has said, the dance could not have been the problem but the look, the way she was chewing that gum... Ouch!!!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 20, 2020
Unbelievers will always look for things to criticize.
las las no be everybody fit make heaven.
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2020
iretiolu92:
Aye le ibosi o, aye dorikodo ko ma Yemi mo, no be she sing the song? Aye ti dorikodo bayi tongue
grin
Only get that save. Would you join those critics that criticised the biblical King David while he was dancing like his queen?
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by ednut1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
her mentor and former pastor was this useless ogboni pastor. yet people cant read between the lines

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by pulsitive: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
Aj
ednut1:
her mentor and former pastor was this useless ogboni pastor. yet people cant read between the lines

Ajanaku
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by DeusMagnus: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2020
probably she was tipsy

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by iyaogeoflagos: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
I have come to realize that when one is poor he/she tends to be a practical christian, but once you blow and become rich worldly things starts creeping into you and you begin to say it does not matter.

2 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by 2dice01: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
Don't understand Humans again

Where in the Bible didnt they say there are kind of dance you should and shouldnt

David dance to the lord do you guys know the kinda dance he did

Kanye west wanted to stop Rap when he gave his life to Christ But his Pastor told him to continue "Use what you have to praise the lord"

Las Las everybody na Hypocrite cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Duru009(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
Can't someone be free again !!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hypocritical Hypocrites everywhere!
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Obakoolex(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2020
espn:
It's obvious she was high on something...hence comes the spirituality. Have you heard weed is spiritual grin

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Netanya(f): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
She's simply trying to keep herself happy

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by kunlero111: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
I count myself as one that is liberal; especially in a situation where no crime is committed. However, some things don't just go together. Tope Alabi's songs create some special atmosphere to those who listen to them(not necessarily because they are gospel) I like listening to those ones she did as sound track in Yoruba Movies too...and some of her actions on stage do not just go along. It's just like a University VC always telling students to go to party regularly. This is what I've observed for some time and it's not just based on this recent video.
Re: Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reacts After Being Criticized Over Her 'worldly' Dance by Lebrai: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2020
embarassed
Davash222:
You didn’t say anything about my second observation.
it was not really important but it was right (i.e u were right )

(1) (Reply)

Erica Shades Laycon Again, Says "Not Everyone Staring At You Is Admiring You". / Nigeria Na Real Cruise.see Before And After Picture Of Verydarkman / Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.