Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) (1976 Views)

Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats / Faze Has No Deal With Akon Konvict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by ElRazur: 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
So I have been rocking the remix joint of the new song from Dre - Kush. It featured, the original artists with the addition of The Game.

Now, while everyone else hold their own on that track, it appears that Akon spoiled the song for me jare.  I think his voice is really no different from Mack Morrison as they both have that "Singing through the Nasal/Nose" style which I find boring quickly.

Personally, I would prefer Nate Dogg, singing the hook a million times over Akon.  grin

The remix is way better with Timbaland doing a drop on it I believe, and The Game killing the bars as usual.

Here is the remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYjg_kCJfc&feature=related

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by rapjunkie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2010
@El Razur

its like u read my mind shocked shocked shocked

Akon spoilt the song for me. i think dre is losing it. which kain high pitch voice be dat for chorus? ruined the hook. its a pity Nate dogg is ill. hope he gets better soon.  cry undecided embarassed
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by ElRazur: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
Thank god, it ain't me alone lol.

The Akon guy I find him boring quickly as his voice have little or no variation, and on top of that he appears to sing through the nose like Mack Morrison.

As per Nate Dogg, them no dey call the guy "Pavarrotti of Hiphop" for nothing. Who fit forget "smoke weed everyday" melody? grin

Im sure I read he is in rehab unit - Rehabilitation hospital for his stroke, meaning he is making progress and he should feature in the Dre coming album.
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by ElRazur: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
Actually, I'm wrong he may not feature on the Album. (News is few months old though)

http://www.theboombox.com/2010/11/30/warren-g-talks-nate-doggs-strokes-and-recovery-process/

It is sad, reading this

Nate Dogg's absence from the rap world is particularly notable as Dr. Dre finally preps 'Detox' for release in 2011. That record's first single, 'Kush,' features Akon tackling the role that Nate once made his own. We send our regards and wish him well. In the meantime:

Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by eldee(m): 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2010
The Game!!! grin grin
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by ElRazur: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^

You are now a convert abi? Msscheew shior

How was his concert? grin
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by eldee(m): 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
ElRazur:

^^^

You are now a convert abi? Msscheew shior

How was his concert? grin

I've always liked him . . . I've listened to all three of his albums and a few of his mixtapes.

But it wasn't really a concert, he performed a few songs in a club.
He rocked the crowd, his energy was unbelievable and he downed a bottle of vodka . . . grin grin

I was in the V.I.P, the guys in his crew are total douchebags. . . they wanted £100 for a picture, like seriously?? He should pay to take a picture with me. grin
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by poweredcom(m): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2010
Akon should have not been in that song , they should just fit in Nate dogg all alone, Akon made the song look wack, even dre was not so audiblein his verse, xcept for Snoop who killed it
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by ElRazur: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Eldee

It is a security strategy to keep people away from bugging him. He was probably tired and not in the mood. I am sure he didn't give such instructions to them lol.

poweredcom:

Akon should have not been in that song , they should just fit in Nate dogg all alone, Akon made the song look wack, even dre was not so audiblein his verse, xcept for Snoop who killed it

Nate dogg is sick and doctors are not sure if he will speak or sing again. Basically the stroke affected the speech area of his brain and it can take a long time in some people to get things to work again. In most cases it may not happen again. I feel sorry for him. He really do not deserve such thing.
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
Dr Dre better deny making this beat and then adding Akon to this track??
If this ermmmm 'thing' is anything to go by then i'd gladly save my £9.99 and a trip to HMV.
Re: Kush - Dr Dre New Song (and The Issue With Akon) by A40(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

I've always liked him . . . I've listened to all three of his albums and a few of his mixtapes.

But it wasn't really a concert, he performed a few songs in a club.
He rocked the crowd, his energy was unbelievable and he downed a bottle of vodka . . . grin grin

I was in the V.I.P, the guys in his crew are total douchebags. . . they wanted £100 for a picture, like seriously?? He should pay to take a picture with me. grin
The Game na my role model when it comes to alcohol! I tried the Vodka thing with half a bottle and damn near passed out at a club. That nucca finished a bottle of Henny! As in he gulped it

I hope Under Pressure makes the Detox album! I would totally be heart-broken if it doesnt

(1) (Reply)

Download This Fresh & Blazing Hot 9ja Mix "Killer Bangers" (2015) / VIDEO: 21 Savage – A Lot Ft. J. Cole / Tiwa Savage And Boyfriend Sex Tape Leaked Out (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.