Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria (82260 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by clefstone(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Joshua schooled in Mayflower shagamu, Nigeria is what makes him thick .. in a competitive sport like boxing, you need confidence and the best way to boost your confidence is to go to your root, visit where you grew up, see thing that helped shape you

to me any time I feel abit down I just drive around my child hood neighborhood , I visit my primary school, secondary school and other places that seem so big and scary to me back then and I see how tiny it had shrunk or how old I have become.. this to me is the best therapy a man can ever have.. it works 99% of the time

many Nigerians calling Nigeria shithole do so because they are poor and disadvantaged , if you can gurantee your own comfort (inverter/solar , good estate, little change in the account and good ride) you would understand Nigeria is a very very lovely place to enjoy your life,

I love this comment

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by clefstone(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
Osidazz19:
ok

NO place like home.

33 years of back and forth between Nigeria and the US, been all over the world. I miss Naija like crazy when I'm out of the country.

In fact, the euphoria that I had when I first left Nigeria for the US back int he 80's is almost the same kind of Euphoria I get now when I'm going back home after leaving Nigeria for just about a month or two.

I'm not saying don't travel out if that's your dream but for most people, you will still come back home sooner or later. Just a matter of time.
how old are u sir?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
is better to live in liberty with danger than peace with slavery. I will choose Boko Haram states over Western or Arab countries
it's your choice, Not all Nigerians living in the UK are slaves though. some have very good-paying jobs and earning more than the whites. and secondly, I doubt you have an idea of what is it like to face insurgency,

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
badboy92:

it's your choice, Not all Nigerians living in the UK are slaves though. some have very good-paying jobs and earning more than the whites. and secondly, I doubt you have an idea of what is it like to face insurgency,
what part of UK
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by petuniaevents(f): 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
No place like home.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by YorubaLord: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
Drsayhhidd:
I just love the guys level of humility

It's in the blood of Yorubas to be humble...

Humility and love above all UNLIKE some chest beaters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by philsbaba: 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
post=86867443:
#RESPECT to Joshua.
The Son of the Soil himself.

What a very Handsome dude... kiss

Sexy eyes.
Great Body,
Respectful and jovial,
Always smiling (apart from when he is inside the boxing ring....of course not! cheesy)
..... Overall,
Fat, Very Fat Wallet!
OMG shocked

Ladies, are you with us ?
shut up angry foolish gay
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

funny fact is many of this kids cant really survive in a real country that you actually have to work to pay your own bill, where rent takes a good part of your pay cheque .. the Jobs they swear never to do here they take it abroad when after they realize that its not Nigeria that is affecting them but their lack of productive and marketable skill. I really wish many of this lazy entitled people insulting the country also get the chance to actually travel and see for themselves
It is insensitive to claim there isn't a lack of opportunities in Nigeria
This is incredibly wicked to say.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
Champ grin
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Kenn55:

You got it wrong in your last paragraph. Nigeria is called a shithole not just because of its physical infrastructural deficit but because of the mentality of the people and you just confirmed it.
What wrong has the Nigerian poor and disadvantage done? So one is supposed get his own infrastructure and service before he /she can enjoy a lovely Nigeria and that sounds good to you?
How many heads do the poor Americans, Europeans etc that enjoy 24/7 light, hot and cold shower running in their homes and clean environment have?
I don't think there is any country in the world where the number of rich citizens are greater than the poor citizens, it is always the reverse. However, the beauty and livability of any country is measured by how the poor and disadvantaged in the society are treated and efforts implemented to make their lives comfortable.

The poor may not have the cars, big houses etc but at least they should also live a life of dignity. They shouldn't be carrying jerry cans and wheelbarrows fetching water from street to street, they shouldn't be sleeping in darkness because they do not have solar systems etc

Nigeria has been turned to OYO society and believe me this OYO system is what has made the country a dog eat dog society where everyone is in a mad desperation to make money committing all sorts of crime. I can't imagine how someone would use a fellow human being for money rituals. This is because that this the only way to guarantee their personal comfort like you said since the collective comfort is non existent. Any country that is built this way would remain a shithole.
It just tells you these people learn nothing from their sojourn abroad, of all they can suggest as solution is making borehole etc.
How many people even make enough to build their houses not to talk of borehole.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Everyone would definitely miss his roots.
You can't just travel as a fully grown adult and forget your home, friends completely.

It's easy to love Nigeria from abroad.
Tell these people to come back home permanently, most of them can't. grin
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Str8talk21: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

Exactly my point. I’ve been in the United States for a while now and there is no day I don’t miss Nigeria. There is that special feeling that comes with knowing that your real home is Nigeria. I know of Nigerian - American students here(who were born here by Nigerians but have never been to Nigeria before) that have Nigerian flags in their rooms. Most of them read all the negative news about Nigeria but they still know that their only true home is Nigeria. Some of them will be graduating from college in a few weeks and they will all have Nigerian flags on their shoulders on their graduation day. Some Nigerian - Americans even dance better to Nigerian music than Nigerians in Nigeria itself.

There are many of these Nigerian - American students who apply to intern in Nigeria for free. Some of them will go to Nigerian - intern for a few months and return back to the United States - with stronger love for their roots and country despite all the negativities they witnessed. I never knew how powerful roots and ancestors are until after I left Nigeria for the U.S

I like their passion, but with the words of Deji Adeyanju, President Trump. Nigeria is not worth dying for.

#Biafran4Life!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by HeyCorleone(m): 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Joshua schooled in Mayflower shagamu, Nigeria is what makes him thick .. in a competitive sport like boxing, you need confidence and the best way to boost your confidence is to go to your root, visit where you grew up, see thing that helped shape you

to me any time I feel abit down I just drive around my child hood neighborhood , I visit my primary school, secondary school and other places that seem so big and scary to me back then and I see how tiny it had shrunk or how old I have become.. this to me is the best therapy a man can ever have.. it works 99% of the time

many Nigerians calling Nigeria shithole do so because they are poor and disadvantaged , if you can gurantee your own comfort (inverter/solar , good estate, little change in the account and good ride) you would understand Nigeria is a very very lovely place to enjoy your life,

emboldened

as if it is so easy to do. You talk like living in a good estate and acquiring a good ride are very cheap things.

I don't mind being not having a car as long as I'm abroad. I'd pick the public transportation in the UK over owing a Benz here.

What about the quality of life? Not everything is material.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
what part of UK
I recently had a business meeting with a top company on a key project, stayed at Rathbone Street, London. Meet lots of Nigerians and Ghanaians doing well both financially and career-wise.
I understand is one thing to love your country, is another to compare a developing country like Nigeria with other developed countries.

If Anthony Joshua has not moved to the UK, you won't be celebrating him now, now imagine how many Anthony Joshua's are in the street wasting their talent, cause Nigeria has not provided an environment for these talents to shine.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.
I love your love for this country..kudos.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
Tulsaguy:

U finally jettisoned ur mother's tongue for foreign language Mr. doom. I don't dine with swines. I am certain u borrowed MTN data to come throw trash here. Since u don't love the zoo, port, no be by force. Only animals live in zoo, so long u and yours are here, you are all part of the zoo. Nigeria is my home.

#amaproudnaijaboy #amaproudyorubaboy

Your likes never like development so you will be asking OWO DA . We know your type.

Proud owodaboy.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by chewwie(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:
I have read a lot of comments on Nairaland and other social media platforms about the visit and activities of World Boxing Heavyweight Champion -Anthony Olaseni Oluwafemi Joshua in Nigeria.

Most Nigerians who migrated abroad will understand how powerful one’s root and source are. For instance, I never knew how much I love Nigeria until after I moved to the United States for graduate school. It was then I began to miss the food, the music, the culture and uniqueness of Nigeria. In the U.S, I follow Nigerian news and listen to Nigerian music way more religiously than I ever did when I was living right inside Nigeria. There is no day I don’t remember and think about Nigeria because that is my root and source.

Anthony Joshua understands the important roles ancestors and roots play in the destiny of Africans. That explains why he even came to Nigeria with his son! He is also trying to make sure that his son(named Temiloluwa) also stay connected to his root and ancestors. Many Nigerians think things are terrible in the country(Anthony Joshua knows about all the problems facing Nigeria - he had his secondary school in Ogun State) but home will always be home; no matter what. No matter where you migrate to, they will always trace your roots back to Nigeria - so the country is forever your home.

There are lots of strengths and inspiration that can be drawn from embracing one’s roots and ancestors. When the chips are down and things become tough, remembering the impossible struggles of your ancestors, the difficult stories of people in Lagos(or your local community) can inspire you to brave the odds and fight relentlessly until you win.

Even Deontay Wilder has claimed he is of Nigerian descent. This means he has gone through some self reflections and he has realized that his unusual strength comes from his ancestors who he has traced to Nigeria.

When Anthony Joshua wanted to reclaim his belts some weeks ago, he made his way into the ring with his favorite Fela Anikulapo’s music. He will always visit the Fela Shrine because it reminds him of his childhood in Nigeria. He will always visit Makoko(one of the worst slums in Nigeria) because that is where people fight with all their heart and soul - even though they are not paid to and they do so with enormous passion and risks. He will always claim Sagamu because that is where his ancestors hail from. With these stories, experiences and prayers - Anthony Joshua will continue to enjoy the blessings and goodwill of his ancestors, his source and his root. That is the spirit he wants!

When Joshua met with the Nigerian government, people complained. Now he has returned to his source to connect with his childhood memories and people are still complaining. To be honest, how many Nigerians can afford to fly to different locations to support Anthony Joshua during his boxing matches? In his last match with Ruiz, over 10,000 British flew to Saudi Arabia to support Joshua. How many Naija people go Saudi to support am? Many of you even stayed online to post nonsensical comments about his performance.

Yet, he is home to celebrate his success with Makoko children because their sprit, stories and memories keep him going.

Guys, don’t ever forget your root and source - it is arguably your greatest strength.
He should stop these PR stunts and face Wilder or Fury or Mayweather. Or better still, engage one or two MMA fighters in the UFC.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by mullerman: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Joshua definition name is Love
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 7:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
Gibberish!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by OChimex: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.

Okay, but please remember not to complain about the situation of the country since you like it more in Nigeria....
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by otipoju(m): 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Anthony Joshua is a British stooge
Puppet
He has a goal
This display of fake love is actually a way to get that goal
Bye

And what is the goal?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

R
Actually its poverty that triggers these thoughts. So because you can afford inverter and you have small change in your pocket the quality of life for you is automatically good. LOL. Goes to show how little you know of life. You can have truck loads of money and still have a poor quality of life. You jist dont see the big picture.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Corrections: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
badboy92:

I recently had a business meeting with a top company on a key project, stayed at Rathbone Street, London. Meet lots of Nigerians and Ghanaians doing well both financially and career-wise.
I understand is one thing to love your country, is another to compare a developing country like Nigeria with other developed countries.

If Anthony Joshua has not moved to the UK, you won't be celebrating him now, now imagine how many Anthony Joshua's are in the street wasting their talent, cause Nigeria has not provided an environment for these talents to shine.

Nigeria leaders are WITCHES AND WIZARDS they have ruined millions of Nigerian destinies to greed and corruption. Anthony Joshua may never had the platform UK provided for him to be successful if he stayed back in Nigeria while growing up................. Many that commented missed Nigeria because of the lawlessness they enjoy in Nigeria and lawlessness NIGERIA possesses.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by itsme01: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Actually its poverty that triggers these thoughts. So because you can afford inverter and you have small change in your pocket the quality of life for you is automatically good. LOL. Goes to show how little you know of life. You can have truck loads of money and still have a poor quality of life. You jist dont see the big picture.

what it takes for me and you to enjoy life is quite different, what makes my life a quality one is quite different from yours and to be quite frank with some of you with blind ideology about obodo oyinbo.. they have the highest suicide rates , I have resided in quite a number of countries and I know
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by otipoju(m): 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

Truth be told, no true Nigerian can ever turn his back on his country, no matter how underdeveloped it has become...

I keep telling them... You can never gain complete acceptance outside this nation. That Green card or Citizenship whatever will never gloss over the fact that you don't truly belong, and will never fully belong!!!

Even those who belong dont feel they belong.

Its a natural thing birds of a feather flock together.

Nigerians who travel abroad know exactly what they are doing...its for economic benefits. They know where they come from and do not forget.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Influential101: 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sure, home is always home..

But I doubt if AJ would have made it far in his career if he stayed in Nigeria permanently..it's easier to miss Nigeria when you have an alternative.. would he have been treated this way if he wasn't rich and famous ?

How long will he spend in Nigeria before he goes back? I will only take you seriously if he stays permanently in Nigeria.. I'm sure the OP is typing from the US undecided

Until Nigeria becomes better and starts to treat her citizens better, people will find alternative, become patriotic from afar and visit from time to time
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by mechanics(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
That's right, one should not bother what other people say concerning them, if he or she do good, some people will complain, if the other way round, some people will still complain, since what one is doing is for good, then he or she should not mind what people will say.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by cooltola(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

You really made sense in that food part oo, because i don't play with swallow.

But i did not fully undesrstand your last paragraph oo, In terms of Remembering your words or in terms of reaching out to you?
Yeah I mean when you become rich , do not forget me.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

what it takes for me and you to enjoy life is quite different, what makes my life a quality one is quite different from yours and to be quite frank with some of you with blind ideology about obodo oyinbo.. they have the highest suicide rates , I have resided in quite a number of countries and I know

Yes you are right what you consider quality is different from what others call quality. Like I point out there are prisoners who will tell you that life behind bars is waay better than living outside. When those kind of people come out, they cant function like normal human beings and are quick to commit an offence so they can be sent back to jail.

Like you they have been freed, they see life outside jail but they are so twisted upstairs that they can't function rationally in a functional society. Obodo is npt for everyone actually
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by itsme01: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Yes you are right what you consider quality is different from what others call quality. Like I point out there are prisoners who will tell you that life behind bars is waay better than living outside. When those kind of people come out, they cant function like normal human beings and are quick to commit an offence so they can be sent back to jail.

Like you they have been freed, they see life outside jail but they are so twisted upstairs that they can't function rationally in a functional society. Obodo is npt for everyone actually

the illustration best explains your mindset, to you Nigeria is a prison and hellish, to me its fun and enjoyable.. its simple logic, wether a cup is half full or half empty its your perspective, your level of exposure and your core values in life that determines what your mind sees

I will rather enjoy my money in a nice tropical weather like that of Nigeria than face painful winters, I will rather buy the phone I can afford than rely on contract phones, I will rather leave in a well furnished duplex, than cramp my self in a tiny apartment in pehckam.. I will rather start a business and make profit than go and become a caregiver to an old racist white senior citizen or go flip burgers and wash dishes all day after using good money to relocate

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Cre8tivespak(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
You're absolutely correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone: AFCON Qualifier (3 - 2) On 18th June 2023 / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.