Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? (5764 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? / See The Difference Between Bose Amazing Suspension & A Normal Car Suspension / Bose's Amazing 'jumping' Car Suspension System Still Blows Minds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
Anyone worth their salt is not going to discount Harman and Kardon, but I don’t like them as much as Bose. They’re a great company, but I find Bose to be the better one. Bose makes things that look ordinary, and they sound great. Harman Kardon makes things too expensive. JBL is also a little expensive, but every time I have to re tune a friend’s audio equipment because my friends say they don’t like the way they sound, it’s all JBL or Harman and Kardon. I buy Bose and Solid. They’re nicer and they fit the decor, and I’d argue they’re better even if you have to pay a bit more for Bose. Solids I buy are always secondhand these days as new ones just aren’t made any more (at least where I go to look. I don’t look hard for Solids). I got fifteen year old Solid bookshelf speakers as computer sound and they are some of the best speakers I’ve ever owned.

If you’re looking to buy, go to Best Buy or wherever that has them on display, and have a listen. You really can only tell if its any good by listening to it.

....Quora
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
Adanny01
Nurey
Amudimkpa
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 12:43am On Feb 23, 2020
In cars ...I would go for Bose ! Benz is what is it

In homes I would go for bang and okufsen

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Fentanyl: 2:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Originalsly: 4:14am On Feb 23, 2020
Depends. If I need to throw a house party..... JBL. If I need a very small blue tooth portable/ speakers for the car/home theater system...... Bose. If I love listening to light/classical music on a home system...B&O/HK. If I love Reggae/Afrobeats...JBL....so for me... it depends.
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by RZArecta(m): 5:51am On Feb 23, 2020
Jbl and Harman Kardon are the same thing, i love Bose and also love HK. Anything that gives me studio quality is ok by me... Heck, I'll buy AKG phone earplugs for 3k5 just because of those few decibels more of clarity instead of NewAge of six hundred naira
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Ejebleje: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2020
They're all premium sound engineering brands, no one is necessarily better or worse than another.

What you should note is that they sometimes churn out products for niche markets,eg for music producers, percussionists and so on.

If you buy the wrong product, it may be deemed bad or inferior,so these days before you buy anything, even flip flops, do your due diligence and be sure it suits your needs.

But ,for emphasis, no one of these premium brands is ostensibly better or worse than the other. Stiff competition has them paying great attention to detail and the consumers are those who are better for it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by KINGreignn: 7:54am On Feb 23, 2020
On most cars having BOSE as their audio system, I find the bass in BOSE over boosted and it distorts the natural sound because it is distorted. You can't get the pure sound and this is annoying. It's mostly for loud metallic rocks and hard core Hip hops.

But on Harman Kardon you get adequate levels of bass and also it gives a more natural surround sound especially with their pro logic 7. The system filters it's sound to suit a variety of music genres and speech.

CC: bizzle2, you're an audiophile, come speak about this.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2020
Since this is cartalk, I'm using you're talking about premium car audio systems. At their very best:

Mark Levinson is number one.
Then Bang and Olufsen.
Then Harman Kardon.
Then Bose.

ELS is probably better than Bose.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by KINGreignn: 9:20am On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Since this is cartalk, I'm using you're talking about premium car audio systems. At their very best:

Then Bang and Olufsen.
Then Harman Kardon.
Then Bose.

Errrm Burmester and are at the best top. Then Mark Levinson.
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Originalsly:
Depends. If I need to throw a house party..... JBL. If I need a very small blue tooth portable/ speakers for the car/home theater system...... Bose. If I love listening to light/classical music on a home system...B&O/HK. If I love Reggae/Afrobeats...JBL....so for me... it depends.

Dude you got some taste !
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2020
KINGreignn:
On most cars having BOSE as their audio system, I find the bass in BOSE over boosted and it distorts the natural sound because it is distorted. You can't get the pure sound and this is annoying. It's mostly for loud metallic rocks and hard core Hip hops.

But on Harman Kardon you get adequate levels of bass and also it gives a more natural surround sound especially with their pro logic 7. The system filters it's sound to suit a variety of music genres and speech.

My car comes with Bose speakers six of em! Its massive ! I don't loud it , the bass is awesome but the player has mode from classic to pop to raggea then hip hop ...it changes the sounds to your specifications

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 9:43am On Feb 23, 2020
Ejebleje:
They're all premium sound engineering brands, no one is necessarily better or worse than another.

What you should note is that they sometimes churn out products for niche markets,eg for music producers, percussionists and so on.

If you buy the wrong product, it may be deemed bad or inferior,so these days before you buy anything, even flip flops, do your due diligence and be sure it suits your needs.

But ,for emphasis, no one of these premium brands is ostensibly better or worse than the other. Stiff competition has them paying great attention to detail and the consumers are those who are better for it.

Cars like Benz , BMW, Range and Porsche come with premium speakers ! They are niche market cars

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Fentanyl: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Cars like Benz , BMW, Range and Porsche come with premium speakers ! They are niche market cars

vice president, merzedes noisemakers association

I see you just learnt a new word, niche, and you want to show it off

rubbish and merzedes

mark levinson or even lexus premium sound over any nonsense merzedes has to offer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Then Bang and Olufsen.
Then Harman Kardon.
Then Bose.

Good to read you in untainted language.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fentanyl:

vice president, merzedes noisemakers association

I see you just learnt a new word, niche, and you want to show it off

rubbish and merzedes

mark levinson or even lexus premium sound over any nonsense merzedes has to offer

Oh that is a new one, so niche is a new thing to you but, ...I have noticed you... Next

Abeg no dey mention me Oga Levinson .... Mention the OP

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by mejai(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Smartchoiice:

grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
BOSE beta sound system is standard in Mercedes cars from 00 models

Personally Bose reputation precedes them...just like Bang and Olufsen or maybe Nippon

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Beautiful submissions
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by mejai(m): 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fentanyl:

I enjoy reading your posts

why? because you're a very sincere coward

lol, you are part of the benz or nothing ignoramus society but youre so scared of being attacked that you never post in direct support of benzedes or your fellow benz airheads

anyway, most of you are cowardly and emptyheaded loudspeakers

but you in particular are just hilariously weak and unfortunate
Oga, swerve. Must I join in throwing words around. I love Benz from childhood, drove some and presently drives a corolla. Why should I put mouth in a case I don't understand the fuss about.
Even smartchoiice never brought that Benz/Japanese feud here. But u want to scatter here.

So finding what he said to Heavenlybang funny is now an act of cowardice.
Happy Sunday sha!
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by bizzle2: 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
KINGreignn:

CC: bizzle2, you're an audiophile, come speak about this.
Lol, harmon kardon tuning is definitely not in class with Bose. Premium brands in the world use Harmon Kardon for a reason.
the stock setup in my car was a 10 speaker Bose system. The sound was manageable at best. I got rid of everything including the headset and kept only the tweeters..
My current setup is a Kenwood DDX9904s, two infinity kappas 62.11i ( Harman Kardon) in front and two JBL GTO629s in the rear, with a rockford fostgate sub.
Current sound is.... hehehe.
The only Portable Bluetooth speaker I own and have ever owned is the JBL Charge 4. So I guess that shows where my loyalty lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by bizzle2: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Then Bang and Olufsen.
Then Harman Kardon.
Then Bose.

Copy That
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by bizzle2: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:
BOSE beta sound system is standard in Mercedes cars from 00 models

Personally Bose reputation precedes them...just like Bang and Olufsen or maybe Nippon

This is one person's opinion.
It also states "factory sound system".
Most factory sound systems are budget . Just something to complete the car. If you want better, you have to look outside.
I have NEVER driven with factory setup for up to two months

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by KINGreignn: 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
bizzle2:

Lol, harmon kardon tuning is definitely not in class with Bose. Premium brands in the world use Harmon Kardon for a reason.
the stock setup in my car was a 10 speaker Bose system. The sound was manageable at best. I got rid of everything including the headset and kept only the tweeters..
My current setup is a Kenwood DDX9904s, two infinity kappas 62.11i ( Harman Kardon) in front and two JBL GTO629s in the rear, with a rockford fostgate sub.
Current sound is.... hehehe.
The only Portable Bluetooth speaker I own and have ever owned is the JBL Charge 4. So I guess that shows where my loyalty lies

Nice setup you got, for you to lay hands on infinity mid-range and Rockford fostgate sub shows you're a real hard core audiophile. cool
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by bizzle2: 12:56am On Mar 02, 2020
KINGreignn:

Nice setup you got, for you to lay hands on infinity mid-range and Rockford fostgate sub shows you're a real hard core audiophile. cool
Thanks grin we dey try .
buying was the easy part, doing the install was the real headache.
took almost 3 days ( couple of hrs a day) to complete. Including sound deadening.But it was worth it

Bypassing the factory Amp for this car meant running fresh speaker wires from each speaker to the head unit,
powering the sub meant running a lead from the engine bay to the sub enclosure in the trunk, and so many other quirks.
I'll gather the energy to create the process thread one day.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by bizzle2: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:
In cars ...I would go for Bose ! Benz is what is it

In homes I would go for bang and okufsen
Lots of recent Model Mercs have Harman Kardon Audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXWpfKRrWU
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AgentGoat: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2020
bizzle2:

Copy That

Please how much is the jbl portable Bluetooth speaker?
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by KINGreignn: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2020
bizzle2:

Thanks grin we dey try .
buying was the easy part, doing the install was the real headache.
took almost 3 days ( couple of hrs a day) to complete. Including sound deadening.But it was worth it

Bypassing the factory Amp for this car meant running fresh speaker wires from each speaker to the head unit,
powering the sub meant running a lead from the engine bay to the sub enclosure in the trunk, and so many other quirks.
I'll gather the energy to create the process thread one day.
Though, I am an audiophile, but my craze no reach your own. One headache I avoid is rewiring and rerouting of factory wirings for cars. In more complex cars, you'd get frustrated easily trying that. I recall a friend trying to do custom audio system in his Lexus. Mehn, the guy wept badly.
Re: Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? by AmuDimpka: 9:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
bizzle2:

This is one person's opinion.
It also states "factory sound system".
Most factory sound systems are budget . Just something to complete the car. If you want better, you have to look outside.
I have NEVER driven with factory setup for up to two months

Is Bose a budget sound system ?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Signs That It's Time For A New Car Battery / Today, I Found Out For Sure That, Connecting Radiator Fan Directly Is Not Good ! / Mature Cockroach @ 120km/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.