Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Which One Shud I Go For? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Which One Shud I Go For? (1418 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Shud I Go For? by afrobaby(f): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2010
I am planning to get aither dstv, hitv or startimes before the end of the year, wic one do u think is the best in terms of quality, and price.
I love watching movies, so I will also appreciate one dat has channels for movies.
THx
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by thweraja10: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2010
DSTV is the best in the sense that it has more channels and it has all what you are looking for, HITV is good too at least they are competing with DSTV but for startimes It also has some channels but they are not the regular ones you know
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by afrobaby(f): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
Thanks, dou know how much it costs and where I can get it, I reside in Lagos
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by thweraja10: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2010
There are many DSTV, HITV  outlet in Lagos , i reside in Lagos too and You can now get DSTV  for as low as 9,000 and i think HITV should be cheaper
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by afrobaby(f): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2010
Thanks so much, I got dia contacts on the internet, and one of their agents which I met on facebook is helping out too, thx
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by freshp(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ afrobaby,
if you must get DSTV.try to get their HD (high definition)decoder.Its mpeg4 ready.
just my own advice anyway,
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by twinskenny(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
@freshp

why would you give such an advice to someone who doesnt know much about fta? allow the lady to enjoy dstv bro, not everyone can go the extra mile of FTA.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by freshp(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ kenny
post edited,. . .never checked her profile.
trully sorry.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by afrobaby(f): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
freshp:

@ afrobaby,
if you must get DSTV.try to get their HD (high definition)decoder.Its mpeg4 ready.
just my own advice anyway,

Ok, I will make enquiries as regards that
twinskenny:

@freshp

why would you give such an advice to someone who doesnt know much about fta? allow the lady to enjoy dstv bro, not everyone can go the extra mile of FTA.
Just wondering what u mean by this comment, wat makes u think i dont know much about fta and what has that got to do wth what I shud buy, becos someone doesnt know much about a car does not mean u will advice the person to buy a 1986 model car just to b driving, I dont think what I know abt the stuff I want to buy shud be the determining factor for an advice
freshp:

@ kenny
post edited,. . .never checked her profile.
trully sorry.
Just when I thot of thinking abt ur *suggestion*, u disappoint me, and what the heck did u see in my profile that makes u edit ur post, no thanks for ur earlier post, a computer guru or a dummy, next time, when u want to respond to post, irrespective of the person asking for an advice, give the appropriate advice,

U guys can be jerks at times, really pissed off,
lemme go back to work b4 I get really pissed, nairaland is becoming really pissed itself of some people
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
i will not advice you to go for the DSTV HD cos it's 91k. better go for the cheaper HD receivers like strong srt4900 or srt4910,clone dreambox 800 which are between 40 to 45k.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by freshp(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2010
@afrobaby
my earlier post was for you to discard the 9000 Naira decoder because from the look of things it will be very useless come next year since it is mpeg2 and NBC has said that all transmission from next year will be Mpeg4.and that DSTV will only make more money from you by asking you to buy the HD decoder outrightly or ask you to return the Mpeg2 with a little moneyin exchange for the HD decoder
i also said that if it is movies you really want, going Nile sat will be the best alternative

asper checking your profile it was not meant to be insulting derogatory. . .it was when i notice that you were a female that i realised that nilesat installation is actually not for a beginner(practical installations i mean).
I am truly sorry if i have in anyway offended you.
BTW nile sat installation is a one time thing. . .no extra costs or bills after. . .
sidwell:

i will not advice you to go for the DSTV HD cos it's 91k. better go for the cheaper HD receivers like strong srt4900 or srt4910,clone dreambox 800 which are between 40 to 45k.

Yes the 4900 and 4910 are cheaper but the fact remains that DSTV has married their cards to their boxes so merely getting the card alone may not be an advisable thing to do.

Once again i am sorry  sad sad sad
Pls kindly feel free to ask whatever you need to know. . . i promise on my scouts honour to give it to you as it is. grin
VIVA FTA
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by thuggle(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
i want to know which decoder should i go in for? a friend adviced me to get strong 4665X and will i get infinity tv, multi tv and other fta on it?
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by najmgiwa: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2011
"Re: Which One Shud I Go For"
go for 4669x thats your best bet.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by hisoccer(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
thuggle:

i want to know which decoder should i go in for? a friend adviced me to get strong 4665X and will i get infinity tv, multi tv and other fta on it?
make shure u dont go for anytin less dan strong 4669x, it will realy save u 4rm alot of stress thanks
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by thuggle(m): 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
i'm about to purchase strong 4669x but i want to know if i will pay monthly or its free. How many channels will i get on it and will i enjoy fta on it? Pls wat shud b da position of the dish. Thank you.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by Flodel(f): 7:54am On Mar 04, 2011
@ thuggle 69x is ok y not try 69xii just to avoid upgrading, n u need not pay to watch as many stations as possible depending on the position u want.
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by thuggle(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2011
i trhed to access nilesat on my strong decoder but wasnt possible. Please can u list down satellites available that i can watch on my strong receiver, thanx
Re: Which One Shud I Go For? by Chuckdee(m): 8:53am On Mar 11, 2011
freshp:

@afrobaby
my earlier post was for you to discard the 9000 Naira decoder because from the look of things it will be very useless come next year since it is mpeg2 and NBC has said that all transmission from next year will be Mpeg4.and that DSTV will only make more money from you by asking you to buy the HD decoder outrightly or ask you to return the Mpeg2 with a little moneyin exchange for the HD decoder
i also said that if it is movies you really want, going Nile sat will be the best alternative

asper checking your profile it was not meant to be insulting derogatory. . .it was when i notice that you were a female that i realised that nilesat installation is actually not for a beginner(practical installations i mean).
I am truly sorry if i have in anyway offended you.
BTW nile sat installation is a one time thing. . .no extra costs or bills after. . .
Yes the 4900 and 4910 are cheaper but the fact remains that DSTV has married their cards to their boxes so merely getting the card alone may not be an advisable thing to do.

Once again i am sorry  sad sad sad
Pls kindly feel free to ask whatever you need to know. . . i promise on my scouts honour to give it to you as it is. grin
VIVA FTA

That was very honorable of you and a good response. If nairaland was full of people like you who can say 'sorry' the world nairaland would hv been a better place. Now Afro, pls accept his apology and forgive. I can understand how pissed you were at the initial responses cos you made your argument very clear. All the best folks. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Aljezeera Smart Card For Sale / New DSTV Promo: Nothing For Existing Subscribers? / How To Watch African Tv In Canada Or The Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.