Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT (67599 Views)

Portuguese, Sonia Acevedo Dies 2 Days After Getting COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine / Nigerian Man Cleans A Gutter That Has Been Uncleaned For 7 Years In 4 Hours / "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by AlexReports(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigerian Lady Somuvie Sonia Holds Jabi Lake CleanUp Exercise To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps

A young prospective and patriotic Nigerian lady Miss Somuvie Sonia, the Executive Director of Ecosmart Services has extended her passionate concerns to the devastating conditions of the Jabi Boat Club. She has therefore held a clean-up exercise as a personal project from her personal resources to reduce the waste in the waters and create awareness on the need to maintain a safe and clean water environment.

This initiative was birthed when she discovered how the lake was been polluted both by Passersby, sanitation workers, park visitors and local sellers who dump trash bags and empty their wastes in the water. She was aroused at the condition of the water bodies when she visited the Jabi Lake only to find a pond of plastic trash, with refuse dumped around and inside the water, creating futuristic problems both for fishermen and consumers of seafoods.

To her greatest surprise the 22nd Saturday February Cleanup exercise organized by Somuvie Sonia and her team through efforts of the local fishermen and the community head recorded an impressive turnout of participants who practically supported and joined the exercise.

The exercise which commenced at exactly 8:00am yesterday and lasted for about 2hours may have achieved a lot especially with reducing the waste and sensitizing people on why they should stop dumping refuse in the water. Speaking with Somuvie Sonia few minutes after the exercise, she expressed appreciation to everyone who extended their goodwill by participating in helping to cleanup the water environment.

She however noted that it wasn't a one-day job, though resources may be limited but the exercise will be continued in due time. She remains one of the few passionate Nigerians who craves an undying interest in nature, the environment and especially the water bodies.

https://www.abujapress.com/2020/02/nigerian-lady-somuvie-sonia-holds-jabi.html?m=1

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by AlexReports(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2020
More

4 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by AlexReports(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2020
Nice

11 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by haywire07(m): 9:34am On Feb 23, 2020
I guess she needs Zobo bottles

255 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by tsephanyah(f): 9:44am On Feb 23, 2020
Instead of insulting each other on the internet because of ideology, politics or tribe. Or hustling people. Go and do something useful today... Like this guys

366 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by cRobo: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2020
Good idea

I applaud her

But

I won't say a word

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by RentedReality(m): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2020
Very commendable work, Somuvie

Waterways are critical to the eco-balance especially around land as arid as Abuja

@Alexreports please think of a way to connect your listenership / audience to your news subject (for a token I know someone that can help lipsrsealed)

There might be a marine manufacturing company that will be interested in donating safety wear on her next cleanup exercise.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by blues343(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2020
Young Lady.........

YOU'RE DOING WELL

nice one

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by jantofubu(m): 10:14am On Feb 23, 2020
haywire07:
I guess she needs Zobo bottles

Lol... You no get sense cheesy

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by LadySwitz: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2020
When she finish cleaning, tomorrow some anti-nature dingbats will still dispose plastics in the lake.

I wonder why there are so many plastics in there. The pple/shops selling those drinks should be sanctioned or. meant to pay heavy tax.

In saner climes...let me just stop here.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by oglalasioux(m): 10:24am On Feb 23, 2020
This lady should be celebrated. These are the kind of people that deserve national awards not thieving politicians.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Nicklaus619(m): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Awww such a kind gesture.
She is wifeable cool

3 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
Awwww...i guess the zobo will make a lot of difference considering how hot the weather is today. Can you serve it cold? @haywire07�

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
��
oglalasioux:
This lady should be celebrated. These are the kind of people that deserve national awards not thieving politicians.

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by haywire07(m): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
SoniaSomuvie:
Awwww...i guess the zobo will make a lot of difference considering how hot the weather is today. Can you serve it cold? @haywire07�
If i can get some of the bottles. Sure.

You are beautiful though. Especially without the makeup

7 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Thank you. We will love to do a full clean up.... sir Alex can reach me or chat me up.
RentedReality:
Very commendable work, Somuvie

Waterways are critical to the eco-balance especially around land as arid as Abuja

@Alexreports please think of a way to connect your listenership / audience to your news subject (for a token I know someone that can help lipsrsealed)

There might be a marine manufacturing company that will be interested in donating safety wear on her next cleanup exercise.

4 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
These are ppl that deserves national medal and not the other categories of thieves we keep reinforcing...... Biko nu i no call names oooo

6 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by RentedReality(m): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
SoniaSomuvie:
Thank you. We will love to do a full clean up.... sir Alex can reach me or chat me up.

Good

I've also shared your story with some friends at OnlineRadio dot com

They'll help share your good work

7 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by lexyking(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
Awwww. Just seeing these pictures brings back fond childhood memories, back then my friends and I despite repeated warnings and beatings from our parents, usually goes there to swim. It's so disheartening to see how dirty the place is

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by driand(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
tsephanyah:
Instead of insulting each other on the internet because of ideology, politics or tribe. Or hustling people. Go and do something useful today... Like this guys

Yes you are right,.... but what are you doing yourself?

4 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by voltron14: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
She deserves an award.

Well done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by iCauseTrouble: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
Real slay queen..... Not like all these ladies always asking for recharge card to subscribe to upload their twerking video on Instagram shocked

6 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by PlayerMeji: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
And I wanted to do this oooo...

She beats me to it...wow

2 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by StarUp: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
JOURNALIST: What do you think about this lady's gesture?
MR. MACARONI: She's doing well. Is she married?
JOURNALIST: Not yet...but...
MR. MACARONI: Oiin, there's no BUT anywhere, just get me her number because I like ladies that are doing well grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Dadaboy: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
lexyking:
Awwww. Just seeing these pictures brings back fond childhood memories, back then my friends and I despite repeated warnings and beatings from our parents, usually goes there to swim. It's so disheartening to see how dirty the place is
We didnt care then

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by osamz007: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by LosC: 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Someone that wants to start Tigernut drink business

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by BanevsJoker(m): 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
What is wrong with Nairaland? Will you die if you say Lady cleans up Jabi lake? What is the relevance of the adjective pretty in this post. Would she not have cleaned the lake if she wasn't pretty? Please, learn how to use words so we wouldn't be forced to write IELTS even as an English-speaking country.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 318. 70 Discharged. 10 Deaths / 8 Things That Happen To Your Body During Sex / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.