Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,674 members, 7,840,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis (815 Views)

Frank Edoho Says – “if You Only Knew The Life She Gives To Me” / “I Never Knew The Worth Of My Gold Until I Lost It” - Singer, Tems Ex-boyfriend / I Cheated On Tems With Her Friend In 2017, I Never Knew The Worth Of My Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by Vivos: 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Cruelty has no limits. Every time you buy a fashion item made from leather – be it a trendy handbag, a piece of comfortable shoes – please think about the tremendous cruelty that stands at the foundation of that product.

Chinese government has repeatedly failed to adopt animal welfare laws and has allowed this cruelty to thrive.

The shocking image attached to this article was taken in China, where countless cows are skinned alive for their leather. Their pain can hardly be described in words. In order to prevent these gentle creatures from escaping, often these beautiful animals have their limbs cut off; on other occasions, cows tails’ are often broken and a special powder is sprayed into their eyes, in order to force them to walk to the nearest abattoir (which could be miles away).

Even if your pricey pair of leather office shoes manufactured by a high-end designer are Made In Italy, the skin may still very well come from countries such as India, where there absolutely no regulations concerning animal welfare in place. This is what actually stands behind a pair of leather boots. Still think you look great in leather? Please reconsider. Those animals needed their skin to keep warm and their organs safe. A growing number of designers and fashion companies are offering items made from vegan leather, quality materials that do not harm animals or the planet.

In addition, we hereby urge the Chinese government to take serious action against this outrageous cruelty and enforce animal protection laws that would strictly regulate this industry and will put a stop to this inhumanity as soon as possible. No animal deserves to be treated this way in the name of fashion, no matter what the circumstances are.

IT'S BETTER TO KILL THEM BEFORE USE INSTEAD OF SUBJECTING ANIMALS TO EXCRUCIATING PAIN BEFORE THEY DIE!

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by LuciusX: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yhu try. My very first FTC though. I use you shynn.

Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by Abfinest007(m): 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
i
Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by BRATISLAVA: 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
What if the cow is already dead in that pic? It doesn't have to lie on it's side to be ethical. You have probably never been to a chicken slaughter at a farm.

Also, can you verify the origins of that picture? Those people look Indonesian.
Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by Freestainworld(m): 2:03am On Feb 25, 2020
This is wickedness, living dead
Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by englishmart(m): 4:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Will the skin become weak if the animal is killed first?
This is so much cruelty, but it's not stopping me from placing an order for a 34k Luis Vuitton shoes I need for a wedding on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by Onyi22(f): 8:13am On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin
Re: You Would Stop Carrying Leather Bags, If You Knew The Genesis by sinaj(f): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Do they have to be alive

(1) (Reply)

American Actor Dwayne Johnson AKA The Rock Having Fun With His Beautiful Daughte / Davido Singing & Dancing With His Dad Inside Thier Private Jet ( Pics,vid) / Kate Henshaw, Hilda Dokubo Blow Hot Against Sen. Isiaku Abbo Being AGN Patron!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.