Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death (5962 Views)

Lightning Kills Two Girls In Osun Community (Photo) / Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery / Lightning Strikes 36 Cows To Death In Ondo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by safas20(f): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2020
Walter Summerford, the British soldier whose life was too interesting to ignore. According to several reports, he was struck by lightning on four separate occasions as he traveled this earth. Thrice while he was alive and once while resting in his grave.

In 1918, during WWI, Walter was a British officer stationed in Belgium. A time when most soldiers we're attempting to dodge bullets, Walter should have been dodging bullets as well as lightning. As he was galloping on his horse through a field in Belgium, lightning first struck him. Upon impact, he was flung off his horse and left paralyzed from the waist down and was forced into early retirement.

He moved to Vancouver to rebuild his life. He worked hard to rehabilitate himself so that he could walk again. He was able to participate in some of his much loved sporting pastimes and he found himself fishing along a peaceful river one day in 1924. There was no sign of rain and after he had caught a few fish he leaned against a tree to catch a little rest.

Crack! A lightning bolt came down from the sky at that very moment and struck the tree upon which he was resting. When he came to, the right side of his body was paralyzed. What an unbelievable cruel act of fate! For some reason, though, the second jolt of lightning seemed to actually help him recover better use of his legs. Walter was not one to give up.

After two years, he was able to walk and spent the majority of his time doing so.

In 1930, on a beautiful clear day, he decided to take a walk in a nearby park. The beautiful day turned almost instantly into a dark, snarling, storm. Before he knew it, a lightning bolt charged down from the sky and struck him. This one turned out to be unkindest of all. He was totally paralyzed. He struggled for two years but finally died in 1932 and was laid to rest in the Mountain View Cemetery in Vancouver.

One would think his trysts with lightning had finally come to an end. You'll be shocked..

In 1936, while Walter was slumbering peacefully in his grave, a storm rolled in-a storm with lightning. A thunderous clap hurtled from the skies and the bolt of lightning hit Walter's gravestone, dead center, fracturing it in several places. The force was so much that it almost seemed intentional. We imagine there was a smirk on Mother nature's face while she said " You can't get away from me".

Though story of Walter Summerford is reported in several different articles as the true events in the life of a real man. As unbelievable as it sounds, there a picture of his fractured gravestone. While much remains a mystery, when it comes to Walter Summerford, who was struck by lightning every six years between 1918 and 1836 it's safe to say he is one of the unluckiest people in history.

What's your take on this fans we will like to hear from you in the comment section.
https://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/824/2156860

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by LosC: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2020
Hiannn

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Muhylonaire(m): 11:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Lmao... The lightening na 6years subscription e be?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by namiji2598: 11:35am On Feb 25, 2020
Everybody can get a picture of a grave and an old white man, and write whatever he decides na

Picture of the lightening or Idonbilivit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 25, 2020
Thunder fire you dia. Him dey emmit some kain signal or wierd frequency wey dey attract thunder to am.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by HundHunter(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Maybe he has transgress against the gods of thunder ( Sango, Thor or Amadioha) in his early life.
Even in death they still taunt him. The gods are very unforgiving.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by emeijeh(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Oluwa, wetin dey lighteniniate?
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by punisha: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2020
....and nobody still could tell that he's the God of lightning? Please was the hammer buried with him?
I'm the next in line to inherit that hammer.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Adeling(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2020
Reminds me of when I was a child of about 5yrs.
I was outside with 2 of my little friends(a boy and his sister), then all of a sudden it started raining, they both went inside living me alone outside, I was about going inside when suddenly a lightning struck right before me, like a long thin pole, it lasted for some seconds about 20 secs, thereby giving me more time to touch it.
I swear I was about touching it when it suddenly disappeared, I was this close to feeling it when it left the my presence, like someone pulling it off the groung from above.

It might sound like an imaginative tale, but it is the truth.

Though, I don't think this guy's story is tottaly true , but the coincidence still beat my imagination.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by etibaba(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Maybe he swore using thunder 4 different times in his life time. You will see a chronic liar saying "If I lie make thunder fire me" and he knows he is lying o.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Onyenna(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gini na-afio ebe a bikonu.....
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by teewhizzy4real(m): 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
namiji2598:
Everybody can get a picture of a grave and an old white man, and write whatever he decides na

Picture of the lightening or Idonbilivit
Go to Google and do your own findings abi iru oponu omo wo re bayi
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Hyperchi(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
The sungo of our time
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by OKOATA(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
Adeling:
Reminds me of when I was a child of about 5yrs.
I was outside with 2 of my little friends(a boy and his sister), then all of a sudden it started raining, they both went inside living me alone outside, I was about going inside when suddenly a lightning struck right before me, like a long thin pole, it lasted for some seconds about 20 secs, thereby giving me more time to touch it.
I swear I was about touching it when it suddenly disappeared, I was this close to feeling it when it left the my presence, like someone pulling it off the groung from above.

It might sound like an imaginative tale, but it is the truth.

Though, I don't think this guy's story is tottaly true , but the coincidence still beat my imagination.
for say you touch am you no for come here Dey write this.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by porka: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is the kind of fairytale that will rapidly energize the minds of we Africans.

But, did these incidents happen?

Did lightning strike Major Summerford?

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/36078/did-lightning-strike-major-summerford-three-times-and-his-gravestone-too
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Randy100: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Trust me, it never happened.
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Makavelli25: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Omo,this is the real lighter
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Naaa this kind people suppose be AMADIOHA
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by ednut1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fake story
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by SoftP(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ooh’
How bad has he offended Sango;
If only he was a Nigerian

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Do i believe this story or do i not?
I will;
Because, strange & mystereous things happen alot

What an unfortunate soul
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Engrtimuche(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
sins of the father
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by bankulizer: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Muhylonaire:
cheesy
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by thundafire: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Muhylonaire:
lol
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by PrincessB1(f): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
End Time lightening
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by backnbeta(f): 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Unbelievable shocked Fate indeed undecided
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Sokosuji: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
More than this happened in Africa,but nobody to tell our stories.. Africans saw a lot in the bush/jungle..before civilisation
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Ayilara1(m): 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Odunlade adekola must be the main actor

Hain very funny grin grin
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by dazzlingd(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
The curious case of Benjamin Buttons
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:58am On Feb 26, 2020
Though story of Walter Summerford is reported in several different articles as the true events in the life of a real man. As unbelievable as it sounds
Truly Unbelievable shocked shocked!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Itsme0I: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
post=86961592:

Truly Unbelievable shocked shocked!
[/s]
Re: Meet The Man That Was Struck By Lightning Every Six Years, Even After His Death by Fasindo: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2020
This what happens when you keep saying if na lie thunder fire me nd u know u ar lying.

Worst part when people swear for by saying who ever did this thunder fire am.

Am very sure the thunder will still go nd fire him in heaven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Big Boy, IBD Dende, In Customs Custody Over Alleged Smuggling / Congolese Woman Tortured And Killed By Indian *graphic Pix************* / Angelic Valle, "The Woman Who Danced Unclad" Has A History Of Mental Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.