Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,434 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (528 Views)

RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by lecoeur(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: . by lecoeur(m): 11:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: . by HallaDaTruth: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
I already replied your other post
Re: . by Subduer: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
God has been speaking to your parents in answer to all your prayers, Job 33:14-18.
Most health conditions require more LIFESTYLE CHANGES than people realise.
And people BECOME CHRISTIANS BY CHOICE, not as a legacy from parents. That's the difference between Jake & Esau.
Re: . by Gideon97(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2020
It's good that you're confronting your doubts about religion. I respect anyone who is brave enough to question the beliefs they were brought up with for it's merits. I was similar to you once upon a time. I was brought up in a christian household and was force fed Christianity like another normal Nigerian child. I had always had questions, but the answers i got weren't satisfactory. Things really began when i got access to the internet (around 2007) and i got exposed to different Ideas and knowledge. I started seeing more and more the flaws in my faith until i eventually lost my faith.

Contrary to what you might have been told, it's OK to question things. If something is true, it will withstand objective scrutiny. Religion constantly tells you how the wisdom of man is flawed, but it's one of the best tools we had. So one of the first things i feel you should do is browse up on logical reasoning and logical fallacies. This will help train your ability to reason and discern information (it's a skill that can be learnt). I recommend you watch these atheist you tube channels : Cosmic skeptic, Holly Koolaid, Genetically modified skeptic. You should still also read the bible and listen to what ever preacher you want.
Pls understand me, the point is not to make you an atheist, but to encourage you to think and expose yourself to different ideas. If at the end your faith is strengthened then fine, but if not then that's ok.

1 Like

Re: . by lecoeur(m): 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
lecoeur:
pls ignore all grammatical errors tnx.

I'm been brought up in a very religious home, even most people address my father as a man of God because of his devotion in Christ which he tried to embed in his family but I noticed I'm the only one who's not really touched.

Honestly it all started when I was 13 or so (I think very much to the extent I come to a halt, my parents complain about it though), there's this thought that always comes to my head that questions the act of religion.

Like; Is it really necessary believing?
         Is it genuine been a religious person?

All these thoughts cloud my head, ever since my Dad fell sick (2017) I've not really been indulging in any church activity.

I keep thinking, if my father was that devoted and still he fell ill to stroke, why didn't God give him a sound health?
Even my mom who hustle and prays, why has he not answered her prayer?
Why is everything really falling apart or does God forsakes his servants?

It became much worse when I started residing with my uncle, here I don't go to church at all and no one's saying shit about it, so am not bothered.

I've not shared my thoughts towards religion with anyone, I don't think they'll understand me so I decided I share it on this forum.
I'm just 17yrs at the moment.

Note: Am not bad, just need to rub mind with adults.

no insults pls.

sorry everyone this post was made twice.

ITS A MISTAKE

(1) (Reply)

Neuroscientific Look At Speaking In Tongues / This Is Why You Should Hold Earthly Possessions With Light Hands (video) / Jesus Is A G.O.A.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.