Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) (2429 Views)

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) / Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? / Alexei Leonov Dies! The First Human Ever To Walk In Space Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Explorers(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2020
The universe is infinite, space is huge, and the stuff floating about in it is darn big as well.

But just how big are we talking about here?

A single accurate comparison can help realize just how small we really are.

3D animator Alvaro Gracia Montoya of MetaBall Studios showed us just how big some asteroids in our Solar System really are. And he compared them to the size of New York City, so we can wrap our heads around the concept.

Pictures

One of the smallest asteriods compared to man, construction dump truck, a home.

Other sizes compared to Eiffel tower, world Trade Centre and New York City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkPNMjRRio
https://www.boredpanda.com/size-of-asteroids-alvaro-gracia-montoya/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

2 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Explorers(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Compared to earth.

According to scientists, an asteroid of such size would hit New York with the force of a thousand suns nuclear bombs dropped on Hiroshima.

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Froshloaded: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2020

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by IeatPussy: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2020
If this asteroid Like Ceres fall on earth shocked.. Na the end be that.
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by chariisGRACE(m): 9:47am On Feb 26, 2020
Na who create all this things?

My brother, whether you like it or not, GOD exists.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2020
Baba Na wetin dey occur?
Make this thing no reach earth o

3 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by obiekunie2: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2020
@explorer.

deep respect bro! cool
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Eife(m): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2020
Sometimes I wonder what is up there in space, are we even alone.
What can we find in other galaxy

5 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Nmezor(f): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2020
Hmmm, serious
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by hahn(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2020
chariisGRACE:

Which God?

Allah?
Jehovah?
Vishnu?
Zeus?
Odin?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Moneyboyz: 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
hahn:

Which God?

Allah?
Jehovah?
Vishnu?
Zeus?
Odin?

So you are trying to say it all came into existence by itself?

What if those empty planets are failed experiments by God to create a planet with life?

Also what if those planets like Mars once had life and they were eradicated for the same reason we have been told to repent and make peace with God.

God exists or not, I would rather believe than not, it won't be good to die only to discover there is life after death and I've been stupid.
Besides it didn't cost you anything other than live a humble sin free life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by xynerise: 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Eife:
Sometimes I wonder what is up there in space, are we even alone.
What can we find in other galaxy
To be honest we are definitely not alone. There are billions of universe and galaxies out there, so why would such be there and only Earth has life?

3 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Geofavor(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Explorers:
The multiverse is infinite, space is huge, and the stuff floating about in it is darn big as well.

But just how big are we talking about here?

A single accurate comparison can help realize just how small we really are.

3D animator Alvaro Gracia Montoya of MetaBall Studios showed us just how big some asteroids in our Solar System really are. And he compared them to the size of New York City, so we can wrap our heads around the concept.

Pictures

One of the smallest asteriods compared to man, construction dump truck, a home.

Other sizes compared to Eiffel tower, world Trade Centre and New York City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkPNMjRRio
https://www.boredpanda.com/size-of-asteroids-alvaro-gracia-montoya/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
What do you mean by multiverse? You say that as if its very sure we're in a multiverse. Are you sure there exists other Earths? This is real life report, not sci-fi. I think you should correct that to universe.
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Hakeem12(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
Moneyboyz:

What if those empty planets are failed experiments by God to create a planet with life?

Also what if those planets like Mars once had life and they were eradicated for the same reason we have been told to repent and make peace with God.

God exists or not, I would rather believe than not, it won't be good to die only to discover there is life after death and I've been stupid.
Nice one, so you are saying a supposed omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent being could have failed experiments? I don't know why humans on earth appoint themselves as spokespersons for God. For the fact we don't know something yet, doesn't mean it's created by someone many people have different definitions for.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by hahn(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Moneyboyz:

Offpoint
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Offpoint: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
hahn:

Offpoint
Hanh

1 Like

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Offpoint: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
I pray like Ceres should hit earth, let everyone goan rest.

Earth is not the only Planet with life, there are other planets with intelligent life form. More intelligent and more much stronger than human.

There are also other planets with weaker intelligent creatures.

There are reasons why the Creator kept all of us apart never to meet... look within the earth you'll find that reason.
We are all under planet-arrest, we can't get out of this planet. The scientist are lying to you, no human has ever go pass the van Allen Belt. The Apollo Moon Mission was a lie.
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by hahn(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Offpoint:

Hanh

I know say you go show grin
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by CAPSLOCKED: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
chariisGRACE:

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GODS BEING WORSHIPPED AROUND THE WORLD, AND FOR ALL WE KNOW, YOU HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN YOURS BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN INTO A FAMILY THAT ALREADY BELIEVE IN IT.

WHAT IF THE GOD YOU BELIEVE IS ACTUALLY THE WRONG, FALSE GOD?

3 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by CAPSLOCKED: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
Moneyboyz:

I ALSO WONDER WHY GOD ALWAYS FAILS TERRIBLY.

Moneyboyz:

WHY WILL HE KEEP CREATING AND WIPING OUT, I THOUGHT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COMPASSIONATE? ISN'T HE MR. KNOW IT ALL? WHAT IS HE EXPERIMENTING FOR WHEN HE ALREADY KNOWS ALL OUTCOMES?

Moneyboyz:

WHAT IF YOU LIVE LIFE BELIEVING IN YAHWEH, BUT YOU STILL END UP IN HELL BECAUSE YOU NEVER PRAYED TO ALLAH THE TRUE GOD?
WHAT IF IT'S ODIN THAT IS IN CHARGE? OR HORUS? OR BOBO-JUICE? DAMN THESE GODS ARE SO NUMEROUS.... MANKIND WILL JUST KEEP CREATING THEM AS WE GO.

3 Likes

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by MrBONE2(m): 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Explorers:
Compared to earth.

According to scientists, an asteroid of such size would hit New York with the force of a thousand suns nuclear bombs dropped on Hiroshima.

Woooow

Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Offpoint: 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
hahn:

I know say you go show grin
You dey look for my trouble before right? Las Las na me go knack you jazzcheesy
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by michlins(m): 7:33am On Feb 27, 2020
xynerise:

To be honest we are definitely not alone. There are billions of universe and galaxies out there, so why would such be there and only Earth has life?
unlimited number of universe. Same billions just limits the infinite possibilities
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by efembaba(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2020
The God who created the universe is the One he's talking about
CAPSLOCKED:

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GODS BEING WORSHIPPED AROUND THE WORLD, AND FOR ALL WE KNOW, YOU HAPPEN TO BELIEVE IN YOURS BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN INTO A FAMILY THAT ALREADY BELIEVE IN IT.

WHAT IF THE GOD YOU BELIEVE IS ACTUALLY THE WRONG, FALSE GOD?
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by CAPSLOCKED: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2020
efembaba:
The God who created the universe is the One he's talking about

HOW ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE MAIN GOD WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE?
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by efembaba(m): 10:43am On Feb 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Only one God created the Universe.. He is the One we are referring to. You may give Him different names, but He is just one personality.. If It's the God (the One God) who created the universe a person is addressing, he is on track
HOW ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE MAIN GOD WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE?
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2020
Wow some of these asteroids could obliterate a whole country.
Re: Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) by samuel19222(m): 12:01am On Mar 02, 2020
They don turn the thread to religion one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LG Optimus LTE Tag Price In Pakistan / Kanger Subox Mini : RBA Coil Building User Guide / Photo: See The Giant Snake Killed By A 5 Year Old Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.