Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight (680 Views)

Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July / BREAKING: I Was Not Prepared, Says Ruiz As He Call For A Third Fight / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight by WonderManly(m): 12:13am On Feb 27, 2020
Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren wants the new WBC heavyweight champion to fight fellow Brit Anthony Joshua next in a world title unification bout but says Deontay Wilder will first have to be persuaded to forgo an immediate rematch.
Fury claimed the WBC title in Las Vegas on Saturday with a seventh-round stoppage of Wilder, who fought the Briton to a split-decision draw in their first meeting in December 2018.
Wilder said this week that he would exercise his option of a third fight but Warren said he does not want to delay a mouth-watering match-up with Joshua, who holds the other three titles.
“I prefer to go straight to Joshua but that’s the contract,” Warren told the BBC. “If he insists on the fight, we’re locked into it.
“It has to be honoured unless we reach some accommodation for him to step aside. We could pay him to step aside if he wants to do that, but that’s his choice.
“It would be lucrative for him, but I have spoken to his manager and Deontay does believe he has the beating of Tyson, and he can knock him out,” added Warren.
https://sportinglife.ng/tyson-fury-ready-to-pay-wilder-to-skip-third-fight/?fbclid=IwAR0lvhC-NIodiGVB6YfkMdPr21J1bJzLeWiwUi_JqUBmutt8LZWjX1FJ7n4

Re: Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight by SEGLIZ: 12:40am On Feb 27, 2020
win to get rich,
get beaten to get rich,
avoid fighting to get rich.

a sport for the brave heart,
that is boxing for you.
Re: Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight by dawnomike(m): 12:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Tyson Fury has got no time to waste i guess... Coupled with the fact that fighting Joshua now means a larger financial windfall than Wilder.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight by judedwriter(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Boxing, very lucrative sport. After a few minutes of punches thrown left, right and center... Millions of dollars made.

With so much cash being at stake, only cowardice will stop AJ from fighting Fury.
Re: Tyson Fury Ready To Pay Wilder To Skip Third Fight by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
dawnomike:
Tyson Fury has got no time to waste i guess... Coupled with the fact that fighting Joshua now means a larger financial windfall than Wilder.
You stated the obvious.
AJ has always had larger pay days in boxing than Wilder.
A Fury/AJ match may end up being that with the highest financial windfall ever in a boxing match and highest attendance..

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo BEATEN At His Own Core Crusher Challenge By Caster Semenya / The Soccer Match Nigerians Will Never Forget (PHOTOS) / Free Sure Bet9ja Booking Code For Today 2nd August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.