Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

God Human - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Human (281 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Human by budaatum: 12:53am On Feb 28, 2020
At the dawn of the third millennium, humanity wakes up, stretching its limbs and rubbing its eyes. Remnants of some awful nightmare are still drifting across its mind. ‘There was something with barbed wire, and huge mushroom clouds. Oh well, it was just a bad dream.’ Going to the bathroom, humanity washes its face, examines its wrinkles in the mirror, makes a cup of coffee and opens the diary. ‘Let’s see what’s on the agenda today.’

For thousands of years the answer to this question remained unchanged. The same three problems preoccupied the people of twentieth-century China, of medieval India and of ancient Egypt. Famine, plague and war were always at the top of the list. For generation after generation humans have prayed to every god, angel and saint, and have invented countless tools, institutions and social systems – but they continued to die in their millions from starvation, epidemics and violence. Many thinkers and prophets concluded that famine, plague and war must be an integral part of God’s cosmic plan or of our imperfect nature, and nothing short of the end of time would free us from them.

Yet at the dawn of the third millennium, humanity wakes up to an amazing realisation. Most people rarely think about it, but in the last few decades we have managed to rein in famine, plague and war. Of course, these problems have not been completely solved, but they have been transformed from incomprehensible and uncontrollable forces of nature into manageable challenges. We don’t need to pray to any god or saint to rescue us from them. We know quite well what needs to be done in order to prevent famine, plague and war – and we usually succeed in doing it .

True, there are still notable failures; but when faced with such failures we no longer shrug our shoulders and say, ‘Well, that’s the way things work in our imperfect world’ or ‘God’s will be done’. Rather, when famine, plague or war break out of our control, we feel that somebody must have screwed up, we set up a commission of inquiry, and promise ourselves that next time we’ll do better. And it actually works. Such calamities indeed happen less and less often. For the first time in history, more people die today from eating too much than from eating too little; more people die from old age than from infectious diseases; and more people commit suicide than are killed by soldiers, terrorists and criminals combined. In the early twenty-first century, the average human is far and nothing short of the end of time would free us from them. Yet at the dawn of the third millennium, humanity wakes up to an amazing realisation. Most people rarely think about it, but in the last few decades we have managed to rein in famine, plague and war. Of course, these problems have not been completely solved, but they have been transformed from incomprehensible and uncontrollable forces of nature into manageable challenges. We don’t need to pray to any god or saint to rescue us from them. We know quite well what needs to be done in order to prevent famine, plague and war – and we usually succeed in doing it.

Or don't we?

I guess you'd have to [url=https://archive.org/download/HomoDeusABriefHistoryOfTomorrowYuvalNoahHarari1_201810/Homo_Deus_A_Brief_History_of_Tomorrow_-_Yuval_Noah_Harari%20%281%29.epub]download and read the book[/url] and let us know if you don't already know or don't want to know what to do.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11102651_notable01648_jpeg85aac1926dc50c18f57ab9ec7f0c5373
Re: God Human by MuttleyLaff: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2020
budaatum:
Or don't we?

I guess you'd have to [url=https://archive.org/download/HomoDeusABriefHistoryOfTomorrowYuvalNoahHarari1_201810/Homo_Deus_A_Brief_History_of_Tomorrow_-_Yuval_Noah_Harari%20%281%29.epub]download and read the book[/url] and let us know if you don't already know or don't want to know what to do.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11102651_notable01648_jpeg85aac1926dc50c18f57ab9ec7f0c5373

MuttleyLaff:
There is no second creation, what you perceive to be a second creation, is the low level view narration, as in, meat to bones, as was earlier said.

I am glad you do, get my point. I know you understand what "pièce de résistance" means. Now if you accept that "pièce de résistance", often means, the last in a series of things and ending up to be best and most important thing, you wouldnt be trying a tug of war with me over sequence. Nobody is changing the order in which Eve appeared Emperor_Harry, but saying that Eve was certain to happen, she had a certain role to play, she was was unavoidable and so was no afterthought. From the word go, she was in the initial plan of God

What literal understanding are you trying to quibble about now, hmm Emperor_Harry? Left to Adam alone, do you think, you'll be here today and typing away, erhn? Even if Adam were to be a hermaphrodite, he has no womb.

Please do and asap too

"20And God said, “Let the waters teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the sky.”
21So God created the great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters teemed according to their kinds, and every bird of flight after its kind. And God saw that it was good
24And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, land crawlers, and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so.
25God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that crawls upon the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good
"
- Genesis 1:20-21, 24-25

"I am currently reading this book (i.e. Sapiens - A Brief History of Mankind), it's a book by Yuval Noah Harari
Yuval Noah Harari is that Hebrew professor. Sapiens - A Brief History of Mankind, is a very enthralling book but you might need to spit out bones. I am still in the twenties page of a 400+ page book
"
- Re: Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? by MuttleyLaff: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2015

Oh no Emperor_Harry, no, no, no, no. No. That is classification right before you, in Genesis 1:20-21, 24-25. Classification obviously started from the beginning, while evolution was still tying up its boot laces and yet strapping on its boot. If you dont find Genesis 1:20-21, 24-25 convincing, then I recommend you read that Prof's above mentioned book for a leg-up on "kinds"

I am an ever advocate of questioning because enquiring minds want to know. No believer worth his/her salt will harbour fear about the scripture not being infallibility. Permit me to let you on to what makes the scripture capable of making mistakes or being wrong. Greed, filthy lucre, political and differing theology, heresies, idolatry, schisms, deliberate theological errors etcetera are catalysts for making Bible translations that have mistakes, that are wrong, that are lies, that have original word contents changed from their real and genuine meanings etcetera.

Bible translations made where cast iron facts, are viewed as irrelevant or less important than indoctrinations, deliberate and calculated lies, personal beliefs and opinions makes people cast aspersions on scripture
I like and enjoy reading Professor Yuval Noah Harari

1 Like

Re: God Human by budaatum: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I like and enjoy reading Professor Yuval Noah Harari
For those of you interested in what muttley is reading:

budaatum:

https://archive.org/download/HarariSapiensABriefHistoryOfHumankindRuLitMe456424/Harari_Sapiens-A-Brief-History-of-Humankind_RuLit_Me_456424.epub

1 Like

Re: God Human by kkins25(m): 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
interesting, I will add it to my to do list. so far so good two months have been wasted with very little reading

I have often contemplated like all men, I have no more tears to weep concerning this very matter.

here is what I think;
hold that thought, I think I need to boot up my PC for this.
Re: God Human by budaatum: 12:56am On Feb 29, 2020
kkins25:
interesting, I will add it to my to do list. so far so good two months have been wasted with very little reading

I have often contemplated like all men, I have no more tears to weep concerning this very matter.

here is what I think;
hold that thought, I think I need to boot up my PC for this.
If I remember, you are a teacher, and should be reading so you know what books to distribute to your students! angry angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How He Murdered His Student / Video: Congregation Refused Holding Hands For Prayer When Pastor Said So / Why The Delay....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.