Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,579 members, 7,861,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood (625 Views)

Money Rituals: In Defence Of Nollywood / Mo Abudu Responds To Criticism Trailing 'Chief Daddy 2' / Full List Of Winners At The Best Of Nollywood Awards 2017(see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2020
The Film Industry can't move forward without Film Critics

Check out some highlights below for this event that happened during social media week

Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2020
Film Critic - Adesegun Adetoro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrlXNuXJZ8
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 9:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Film Journalist/ Critic Shaibu Husseini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgaXDf6cZs
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 01, 2020
DiggITnetwork:
The Film Industry can't move forward without Film Critics

Thanks for sharing

I hope you had a great event

Just wondering: are there any special credentials required before one becomes a "film critic"?
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 6:51am On Sep 08, 2020
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

I hope you had a great event

Just wondering: are there any special credentials required before one becomes a "film critic"?

Yes.
Publish your first 100 film criticism pieces that are worthy
Then you become one
Cheers
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by edoairways: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2020
I hope those critics produce their own movies that can compete at the international market
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 10, 2020
DiggITnetwork:

Yes.
Publish your first 100 film criticism pieces that are worthy
Then you become one
Cheers

Thanks for the response

Please who decides whether a critical piece is "worthy" or not?
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
alignacademy:

Thanks for the response

Please who decides whether a critical piece is "worthy" or not?

Who you are writing for determines if your piece is worthy

You are in command of who deems you a critic worth reading.

PS: i hope this is the last Q smiley
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by DiggITnetwork: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
edoairways:
I hope those critics produce their own movies that can compete at the international market

Wrong.
A critics job is not to make films rather a critics job is to dissect a film
Re: Why Film Criticism Is Essential To The Future Of Nollywood by edoairways: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
DiggITnetwork:

Wrong.
A critics job is not to make films rather a critics job is to dissect a film
Criticism is allowed however, while they critic, I hope they would make theirs better. It is easy to critic from outside than when you are inside.

(1) (Reply)

Get 100% Cash Back When You Pay Your TV Subscription With Jumia Pay / Bbnaija 2020 Records First Kiss As Kidiwaya And Wathoni Lock Lips / The Rise Of The Synderverse And The Humiliation On Warner Bros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.