Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect (26984 Views)

Police Apprehend Notorious Toy Gun Robbery Suspect In Enugu / One-chance’ Robbery Gang Arrested In Lagos (Photo) / ‘When I Hold This Charm, Nothing Can Penetrate Me’- Robbery Suspect. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by arinze198(m): 10:00am On Feb 28, 2020
A 50-year old man, Matthew Tokeme, who uses his Toyota Sienna bus for ‘one chance’ robbery operations has narrated how he ruined himself by following the bad advice of his friends, which has landed him in trouble.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the Bayelsa born and father of four, Tokeme disclosed this at the Lagos Police Command in Ikeja, where he was paraded with other criminal suspects arrested across the State.

He said he was selling second hand clothes at Super area of Abule Egba, Lagos, before his friend abroad sent the vehicle in order to assist his family. He said that after clearing the vehicle from the port, his friends advised him to bring it for them to do runs, which is ‘once chance robbery’ and he accepted.
He narrated that in the first operation, he was able to make between N5,000 and N20,000 before he was arrested.

The suspect, Tokeme, was arrested after operatives of the Rapid Response Squad tracked the vehicle with registration number APP 488 FH to his residence in Ayotoro in Ogun State.

This was disclosed by the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hakeem Odumosu, through the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana at the Command.

He said that the suspect and three others now at large used the Toyota Sienna bus to rob commuters, who were trapped on the road following the restriction on commercial motorcycles, saying most victims took to social media to raise alarm about a particular Toyota Sienna and how they pretended to be loading passengers from Abeokuta Expressway to the Island only to divert and rob them. Hence he was tracked, eventually arrested and the vehicle recovered as exhibit by the Police.

The suspect, Tokeme, told reporters that he was lured into the crime by his friends who are currently at large, claiming that he only obtained a phone and laptop which he sold N5, 000 and N20, 000.

“I used to do business but my business failed and so my friend, who is abroad, sent me this vehicle for me to use for transportation so I can fend for my family. But it was those my friends, who I knew from the bus stop, that told me to bring my vehicle so we can use it for runs. I have known them for many years but I don’t know their houses.”

“We usually pick a passenger at a time so that we can easily overpower the person. We did not carry any weapon” Tokeme confessed.
DSP Elkana said RRS operatives were on the lookout for the vehicle following series of complaints on the social media.

“This is a Toyota Sienna described by quite a number of victims on several occasions, especially on the social media. Operatives of RRS, who have been on the lookout for the vehicle, intercepted it and the suspect was arrested. He is the leader of the robbery gang and the owner of the vehicle. He confessed to being the leader of the ‘one chance’ robbery gang” Elkana said.

Source: https://pmexpressng.com/my-friends-led-me-into-one-chance-robbery-suspect/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Lawgod247: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2020
ok
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by blues343(m): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2020
AT 50

OGA STILL MUMU

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Jabioro: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2020
Another century fool is here with comical story.With your sienna you can make 5k daily.. after all your expenses.You are a thief..you will loose the car ,you will have some time to do in prison.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by delugajackson: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2020
If your friends don't encouage and movitate you positively, then perhaps its high time you changed your circle of friends.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Ray4raybest01(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Oga na lie, greediness dey ur eye,u for hustle legit and still live fine with ur sienna.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
God punish u there

10 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by englishmart(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
If you tell your friends less about your moves and motives, your enemies will have less knowledge about you. Friends are lovely but noxious. My friends have done a lot of evil to me that I wonder if we were in a boxing ring. Though I've left every friend, I'm solely on my own. And I've been good so far.

22 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Houseofglam7(f): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
undecided
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by itsme01: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
cool

Greedy , lazy Black man, you have a 7 seater Toyota Sienna, instead of registering to be a legit interstate VIP transport driver and mae legit money, he wants fast cash and he is still blaming his friend for his foolish choice

9 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Sonnobax15(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
cool This is one among the few reasons why i don't believe in having too many friends...atleast,the two-three niggaz i have,they all have their complete heads resting on their necks...people say i'm an introvert,but who cares...i would rather be alone,sipping my beer than stick around with who go lead me into wahala...who no get helper suppose get sense.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Lugianostar(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
A big fool at 50 is a fool for life!!!!

Blame yourself

7 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by TheChameleon: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
angry
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Kingpele(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
Is that all, no worry you and your friends will spend some time in jail, fool... If your friend tell u to cut off your fingers will u do it?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Elslim: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
And the judge will lead you into one chance prison.... Anufia.
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by GeneralPula: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
You won’t hear dia friends letting them into something good.. undecided

Olofo..

1 Like

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by omoadeleye(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good friend vs bad friend
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin

Strong factors that causes armed robbery
Unemployment
Cultism
Frustration
Bad Friends
The Devil
Drugs
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Miracle4Sure: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by osuofia2(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2020
nawao, greed, ur friend from abroad send u Sienna but you couldnt hussle with it legitimately, na once chance you carry the car de do,
bye bye to ur car because police go auction am sharp sharp

7 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Show me your friends.............
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Commentor: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
After first operation he was caught.

A likely story.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by ceasare: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
With that car if u carry ayobo to island everyday at #700x8*2 trips/day (whooping #11400)to n fro it's enough for u to feed a family of 4 in a day.onyiara....ole buruku.

7 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Sirlins(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
A mother was teaching his child about the side-effects of alcohol. She gets two short glasses, filling one with water and the other with whiskey. She says "I want you to see this." She puts a worm in the water, and it swims around. She puts a worm in the whiskey, and the worm dies immediately. She then says, feeling that she has made her point clear, "what do you have to say about this experiment?" The child responds by saying: "If I drink whiskey, I wont get worms!"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Haymaykar(m): 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hmmm... Wait be said they don't use weapon... Then how on Earth were people giving them their things when they go for operation... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Nickshrapnel: 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Most criminals have sob stories to tell, I’m sorry, yours was not captivating enough. Unfortunately, you’re going to jail.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Zimzy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Your friend meant well for you but it seems you don't even value yourself.
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by YorubaKinging: 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
If youre engaged in internet fraud, stop convincing yourself that it's legal, there's no difference between you and am armed robber
And the day of reckoning will surely come,
Repent and change your ways , there's nothing wrong in suffering for a little while ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by lyriclekidd(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
Okay they would you to jail too.
Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by XaintJoel20: 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thief looking for excuses to justify his misdeed. Stealing is in his blood.
If he uses that Sienna for legitimate hustle, he would still make good money, after all, he owns it.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Led Me Into ‘one Chance’ Robbery – Suspect by Chicastle: 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
All the stupid things happen in Lagos. because of the over population

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Court Finds Joseph Oluwasanni Guilty Of ATM Robberies / Nigerian Lady Calls Out A Man Who Allegedly Scammed Her / Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.