Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions (51046 Views)

Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? / Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by EBMedia: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2020
A lawyer, Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih had on October 2014 sued MTN Telecommunication Service Provider for illegal deductions for unsolicited caller tunes, IgbereTV reports.

In a video report IgbereTV obtained from the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Mr. Emmanuel had complained to MTN about the illegal deductions which MTN evidently acknowledged and subsequently sent him N700 as a reward.

Mr Emmanuel sued MTN to court in which the Chief Judge of the FCT, Justice Ishaq Bello
ordered MTN to pay Mr. Emmanuel N5m for damages.

See video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_23CFYBMqI

IgbereTV recalls that a five day ultimatum was issued by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, to the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) on the 5th of November 2019, to resolve the challenges of illegal data deductions and review the cost of data downward.

According to findings by IgbereTV, the commission has commenced the implementation.

http://igberetvnews.com/1341227/court-awards-n5m-nigerian-sued-mtn-illegal-deduction-photo-video/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by LosC: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2020
Sue them.
Always deducting.
Their data package runs like tap water

250 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by theoneJabulani(m): 11:40am On Feb 28, 2020
Wonderful, am suing MTN too, they don dey chop my money since. But my own will be ₦50M. MTN go soon start to sweat

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Awesome! I need a seasoned lawyer asap!....

airtel & mtn have severally and illegally deducted my money without compensation!

Those crooks must re-pay in folds.

#network providers are EVIL,
they GIVE you with the right hand and TAKE back with the left!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by zainabicy: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
I lowkey believe that many of this companies in Nigeria get away with a lot of sh*t because we Nigerians don't trust the speed and honesty of our legal suing processes.

I should have sued my bank, Nepa, DStv and even my car's AC repair man for illegal deductions and poor service.

236 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Xano(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
Telecomm companies have been reeping subscribers over the years.
Congratulations to the Barrister, it's well deserved.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by BrightAhiah(m): 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
I will soon sue globacom...

8 Likes

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Naa GLOBACOM go good to sue for giving Nigerians AUDIO DATA...

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by johncallidon(m): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
EVILFOREST:
hahahaha

17 Likes

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Bolajibasia56: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Wow I need to do the needful to my bank

6 Likes

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Sweetcollins: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good for them
Suckers
Make I hurry go sue access bank for unauthorized ATM debits
~~~na who speed pass~~~

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by cRobo: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Just 5 million?

Why not 500,000 million

To teach mtn some lesson

I won't say a word

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by IMASTEX: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Thought I was the only one they are giving audio data. #6,000 subscription for 2 weeks. Even with light usage, I was using Airtel with more work load, yet spend #2,500 for about 3 weeks. I am currently thinking of porting from glo to another network.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Daffy007: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
I think I have a case with them already.... Maybe I hit dat kain 2meter wink

Check my signature if you are looking for a side hustle

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by lonelydora: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
I'm next in line
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by saintol(m): 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
The rate at which our data is being deducted is something else. You will sub, the next thing faim!!! They will now send their useless message.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Mckandre(m): 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
EVILFOREST:
this one cracked me up

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by shockingist: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
awesome
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Emekuslala1: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
Airtel suit loading
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by incogni2o: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
I wish they pay 5 million each to everyone they have illegally deducted from.

I was thinking of sueing them when I've arrived and have enough money.

Nonsense
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by iCauseTrouble: 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
cool
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Godpikin4real(f): 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nice one.
MTN Very useless set of people and their problematic network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Theoarhics: 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
I think every MTN subscriber deserves to get that 5 million each for the illegal deduction . That Telecom company are like devil. They give you one and take ten .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by BlackfireX: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
Igbo people ehhh
Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by odave: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
Make this man show us the way abeg, me sef wan sue them

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by IntellectOzone(m): 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2020

I've threatened to sue Sterling Bank sometimes ago over Illegal deduction on my Acct
The idiots do normal straight

Still gonna screw them, they are goat they don't here words

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by OnpointDesign(m): 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin

This guy has done what a lotta Nigerians have been dreaming to do for a very long time.

Enjoy ya money.

7 Likes

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by wilemer: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
EBMedia1:
A lawyer, Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih had on October 2014 sued MTN Telecommunication Service Provider for illegal deductions for unsolicited caller tunes, IgbereTV reports.

In a video report IgbereTV obtained from the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Mr. Emmanuel had complained to MTN about the illegal deductions which MTN evidently acknowledged and subsequently sent him N700 as a reward.
Mr Emmanuel sued MTN to court in which the Chief Judge of the FCT, Justice Ishaq Bello ordered MTN to pay Mr. Emmanuel N5m for damages.

This is supposed to be a class-action suit. How about millions of pple who have been defrauded by MTN and other telcos.
What a country!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions by Righteousness89(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gradually, we are getting there..

Good one!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User / See The InnJoo Fire Camera Versus Samsung Galaxy Duos Camera + Water & Drop Test / 10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.