Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected (96857 Views)

Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year / Victor Osimhen Becomes 1st African Footballer To Win Golden Boot In Serie A / Crypto: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Footballer To Earn Crypto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Maniagist: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
King Paul Akpan Udoh, Italian-Nigerian player, has become the first footballer to be infected with coronavirus .

King Paul currently plies his trade with Pianese, an Italian Serie C side.

The Pianese forward was diagnosed of the disease on February 27, and he has been quarantined.

The 22-year-old started his career with Reggiana before moving to Juventus in 2011 where he was loaned back for a year.

After progressing through the youth ranks of Juventus, Udoh secured a loan move to Virtus Lanciano, a Serie B side in 2016 with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Failing to impress, he was returned to Juve, and then loaned to Lega Pro side Pontedera later the same year.

He had a loan stint with Pontedera, Fernana, Fano and Viareggio before joining Pianese on July 14, 2019.

Coronavirus has spread from China to countries in Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Africa.

Italy is the country in Europe with the highest number of reported cases. Some Italian Serie A matches were postponed last weekend as a preventive measure against the spread of the virus.

On Friday, the Lagos state government and the federal ministry of health confirmed the
first case of coronavirus in Nigeria. The index patient is an Italian who arrived in the country on February 25.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/king-udoh-italian-nigerian-footballer-contracts-coronavirus/amp

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Kylekent59: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2020
If this news is true, then it is done.

I can remember the movie titanic, when the water was closing on the guitarists, one of them said to the others,"it has been a pleasure knowing you all"

That was the end. Their skills ended, everything they know, and their instruments.

Let us now see how the fittest survive.

President,governors, senators, lawmakers, judges, lawyers, ministers, the forces, house of reps, local gov'ts chairmen, citizens of Nigeria.

If only the travel ban had been signed and action taken, there wouldn't have been any case.

All thanks to that senator that was against the ban. Hope he has now seen how incompetence can be.

Get a face mask, gloves and stay healthy. Don't panic, even in Wuhan, there are still many people without the disease.

667 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by cRobo: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ronaldo is not safe

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Passionate888: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
See what corruption has caused - Magu

170 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by olayiwola4u(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
No one is safe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by sotall(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Coronavirus no dey kill black man...yimu

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
We didn’t click to read his biography now

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by fk002: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nawa Ooo

.Benin people should be quarantine thoroughhly na them full Italy.

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by opebiboy: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
War in Babylon

3 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by PlayerMeji: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
So our opa eyin, fona gau, alomo bitters, jedi jedi, afator mixture cannot combat this Corona virus.

Churches and mosques are areas of huge interests where people can easily be infected.

Did it have to be a Nigerian to be the first player? Who wrote the script sef?

Nigeria wey no dey carry anything, we carry first for Corona virus first player.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Groovenaija360(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
undecided
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Offpoint: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Everyone reading this, start amending your ways.
Call those you offended and those who offended you and make rights.

Write your wills
Pray for forgiveness of sins
Visit your love ones you've not seen in a while....

Terrible days are coming, this is not Ebola... this shît is airborne and Lagos is its landing place.

If as technologically and medically advanced is China, you can imagine the death rate. China is not a religious country, there are no church weekly Crusades, they're aren't waiting for miracle waters, they're aren't taking the infected ones to church....

Imagine what is coming to Nigeria, terrible days are coming.... God help us all.

Baba God I know I've not been your favorite child, but I know sey this year is not my end.

I have a friend who has been saying everyone will died in year 2020 since 2015, baba God hope this is not it... help us all.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Kylekent59: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
embarassed

I trust Indian doctors to finding a cure to that virus.

Every country has it. Before it was made known, 3 months had gone.

It now depends on the environment, ecosystem, weather and immune system.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Spar7tan(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
China has caused this nonsense with their rubbish eating habit. Mtchwww

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by helphelp: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hope he's got a solid immune system

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Highly infectious disease, but not as deadly as it seems...that's what I like to think about this virus. The fact that it's infectious will definitely spread the kind of panic we are seeing right now.

6 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by SweetCunt97(f): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Bloggers will milk this Corona story eh. How true is this story?

2 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Bolajibasia56: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
This is bad
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by baby124: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Italy again! Let’s try to ban flights from Italy and China at this point. Any country suffering from this virus and letting their citizens run all over the world should be banned.

12 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Dexpro: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
We've got to stay safe. Wear face mask and use hand gloves.
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Spar7tan(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
sotall:
Coronavirus no dey kill black man...yimu
Do you know the address of that pastor that said he's going to China to destroy COVID19?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by PureGoldh(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Chaiiii...dx is serious
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by osuofia2(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
but why did Buhari stop foreign travels suddenly, it is now we need him to travel around the world for us

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Sokosuji: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
I thought they said Nigerians and Africans are immune to it and therefore can't contract it...

E don be be dat shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
C. Ronaldo, My Lukaku don enter am o shocked
All the footballers will be in serious panic mode.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by lewis512(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Disowned already

By Fellow Nigerians grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Proffdada: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Italian connection with the virus is strong! shocked

The mafia virus
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by OlawaleBammie: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
gen gen gen
Soo now he wil b sterile abi?? acording to one Nler claim

1 Like

Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by iCauseTrouble: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by Perfecttouchade: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Jesus
Re: Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Vahalar Moughulis _ All men must die

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / I'm A Beautiful Woman And I Want To Start A Family— Francisca Ordega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.