Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie (671 Views)

Nigerian Fashion Icon Teni Oluwo Pass Away At 35 / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Raises Member, Kenebi Okoko Who Died Undergoing Surgery / You Are Irresponsible, If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by faith2kool(f): 1:42am On Feb 29, 2020
Pastor David Ibiyeomie has some marriage advice for the singles.

The founder and General Overseer of Salvation Ministries said that anyone that is not married is not responsible. This applies to the 35-year-olds and above.

According to report, he made this statement while speaking to his congregation at the church headquarters in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

Pastor Ibiyeomie said: “If you are still single at 35, you are an irresponsible person.”

He added that staying this long without a partner is not the will of God.

The cleric went on to advise bachelors and spinsters to pray before getting married, adding that they should look out for responsible partners.

Pastor Ibiyeomie is not the first to give marriage advice.

However, the Salvation Ministry G.O may be the first preacher to say anything age-related.

https://tigblog.com.ng/2020/02/29/you-are-irresponsible-if-you-are-not-married-at-35-pastor-david-ibiyeomie/

Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by PoliteActivist: 1:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Age should not push u into wrong marriage. Some people are meant to marry much earlier, some people much later, some people not at all
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by meum: 1:56am On Feb 29, 2020
faith2kool:

Pastor Ibiyeomie said: “If you are still single at 35, you are an irresponsible person.”

The cleric went on to advise bachelors and spinsters to pray before getting married, adding that they should look out for responsible partners.

So I should pray and still look out for RESPONSIBLE partner. With all these person wey dey WATCH (looking out for RESPONSIBLE partner) and PRAY (praying before getting married) no go rish 35plus?

There's no rite age to marry abeg. Put your life in order first before you marry. You have to be emotionally mature, psychologically ready and spiritually balanced to last in it. Finance is equally important don't be fooled. If @ 35yrs you are sure you can't handle it don't force it.

So a certain pastor's wife that married the pastor as a virgin in her 50s was irresponsible? Yet the pastor(a widower) claimed she is a gift from God. So it means God gave his servant an IRRESPONSIBLE gift
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 29, 2020
Pastor Poju Oyemade was more than 40 when he got married. It's only someone without direction that would jump into marriage without putting his life in order first. If things work out for you early in life and you meet your ideal partner, don't waste time, but If you have to wait till much later in life, please do so...

Marriage is not a car race... It's better to marry late and have a lasting marriage than rushing in and rushing out.
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by dawnomike(m): 2:05am On Feb 29, 2020
Well, even though i understand his point of view... I do not agree with that!
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by klem93(m): 2:32am On Feb 29, 2020
Hope daddy David is aware of Joshua Selman? Just asking o, before I justify the irresponsibility he meant
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Bankowner: 5:40am On Feb 29, 2020
Far as i know, he speaks from the standpoint of a motivational speaker. Any word from the altar of God and mouth of a Pastor must have a Biblical reference, that is the only way i can accept it.

Even so, one needs to rightly divide the word of truth as it comes which is where the Holy Spirit comes to fore.
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:49am On Feb 29, 2020
His statement is a challenge to a true Christian because it will stir up his or her Spirit. It will make him go into prayers praying father what shall I do to locate my own spouse,in the beginning it was not so..enof is enof...then take steps according to the Holy Spirit.i.e advertise on nairaland or pray for other singles like u cool
Some others wld be looking for who is above 40 and not married and be comparing .also insulting the man of God..
U are super irresponsible if u are not married by 35..including myself...it's a slap on my face and I will do something abt it this year grin
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by johnkey: 12:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
foolish man, our eyes are opening everyday, I only want a baby not wife. When it's time na to find one fine shawty, nack am belle, she breastfeed my child for 2 years, I collect my child. Abroad straight!
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by johnkey: 12:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
His statement is a challenge to a true Christian because it will stir up his or her Spirit. It will make him go into prayers praying father what shall I do to locate my own spouse,in the beginning it was not so..enof is enof...then take steps according to the Holy Spirit.i.e advertise on nairaland or pray for other singles like u cool
Some others wld be looking for who is above 40 and not married and be comparing .also insulting the man of God..
U are super irresponsible if u are not married by 35..including myself...it's a slap on my face and I will do something abt it this year grin
I can choose not to get married, what has that got to do with responsibility? it's my life, I'm only responsible for myself and my nuclear family. Comments like this are what fuels my stance on marraige. Like who the fvck makes marraige a rule we humans must follow
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Socialsunny14(m): 12:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
klem93:
Hope daddy David is aware of Joshua Selman? Just asking o, before I justify the irresponsibility he meant
How abt Joshua selman, is he unmarried?
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnkey:
I can choose not to get married, what has that got to do with responsibility? it's my life, I'm only responsible for myself and my nuclear family. Comments like this are what fuels my stance on marraige. Like who the fvck makes marraige a rule we humans must follow
why wld u chose that decision, it's a beautiful thing na.
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by movingclouds(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
All these pastors Ehn... Was apostle Paul irresponsible for not marrying at all? Yet you quote his words during teachings... Many pastors are confused
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by movingclouds(m): 2:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
meum:

So I should pray and still look out for RESPONSIBLE partner. With all these person wey dey WATCH (looking out for RESPONSIBLE partner) and PRAY (praying before getting married) no go rish 35plus?

There's no rite age to marry abeg. Put your life in order first before you marry. You have to be emotionally mature, psychologically ready and spiritually balanced to last in it. Finance is equally important don't be fooled. If @ 35yrs you are sure you can't handle it don't force it.

So a certain pastor's wife that married the pastor as a virgin in her 50s was irresponsible? Yet the pastor(a widower) claimed she is a gift from God. So it means God gave his servant an IRRESPONSIBLE gift
You dey mind all these confusants(sorry,not a valid word)
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by movingclouds(m): 3:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnkey:
Marriage doesn't steer up a man's spirit, it's only a safe house for sexual urges that could lead to fornication.. In Corinthians 7:7, apostle Paul emphasized on singleness. I think our pastors are losing inspiration and don't know what else to teach.
Re: You Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35 – Pastor David Ibiyeomie by neutralmind: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2020
This statement is unfortunate. I disagree.

We need to be careful with some of these pastors

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Is In Need Of Someone To Squat With Around Portharcourt. / Nigeria Poverty Statistics / DOWNLOAD MP3: Rema – Ginger Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.