Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine (1956 Views)

University Of Pittsburgh Found Corona Virus Vaccine, To Be Rolled Out Soon / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? / Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by emperorlaqrin: 5:58am On Feb 29, 2020
According to hamodia a daily isreal newspaper media says :A group of researchers in northern Israel said Thursday they had achieved a “scientific breakthrough” in treating coronavirus. At a press conference, researchers of the Migal Galilee Research Institute said that the breakthrough had come while they were doing research on coronavirus in birds. A treatment had been discovered which cured the birds infected with coronavirus, and clinical trials at Israel’s Volcani Agricultural Research Institute had confirmed the treatment’s viability.

https://hamodia.com/2020/02/27/israeli-researchers-announce/

The basic coronavirus in birds is very similar in patterns of infection and effect of the virus in humans, and the genetic structure of the virus in both humans and birds is very similar, the researchers said. As a result, the treatment developed for birds could be applicable to humans – and they believed that an effective treatment could be developed for humans within three months, they said.

David Zigdon, Chief Operating Officer of the Institute, said that “there is a great need for an immediate solution to human infection of coronavirus, and we have been working to do that nonstop. The solution we are developing against COVID-19 virus has proven effective, and we believe a version for human treatment can be ready within eight to 10 weeks. That would be followed by a 90-day test period to ensure safety. The treatment we developed for birds is given orally, and the treatment we are developing for humans will also be given orally.”

Director of the Institute Professor Dan Levanon said the speed with which the treatment could be used would depend on regulatory approval. “Under the current conditions in which the disease is causing terrible losses, I believe that state regulators would be very lenient in the various stages that the treatment must pass before it is approved, of course ensuring that it will do no harm via side effects and the like. Under normal conditions, approval of a treatment like this would likely take several years,” he said.
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by Roadtoyesterday: 6:12am On Feb 29, 2020
Pearlyakin:

Why is sense far away from you azeez ?
The fool is seriously looking for who to devoure.... Anyway on the topic, pls Is that new correct?
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by priapus(m): 6:13am On Feb 29, 2020
Woww, Good news if this is true. There is hope for the infected. ThankGod
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by YoungPerson(m): 6:14am On Feb 29, 2020
They had to wait for it to reach here

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by Pearlyakin(m): 6:20am On Feb 29, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

The fool is seriously looking for who to devoure.... Anyway on the topic, pls Is that new correct?
Lol wink uncle I'm not sure about the news because i didn't see anything like that on CNN or Al Jazeera.
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by johncallidon(m): 6:31am On Feb 29, 2020
Pearlyakin:

Lol wink uncle I'm not sure about the news because i didn't see anything like that on CNN or Al Jazeera.
Unverified news? how the heck do you want us to believe this piece of sh*t??
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by chatinent: 6:33am On Feb 29, 2020
No source?
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by sotall(m): 7:14am On Feb 29, 2020
undecided
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by kponkedenge(m): 8:18am On Feb 29, 2020
I believe krest can cure it too.... Unfortunately nobody has tried it yet.
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by Pearlyakin(m): 9:04am On Feb 29, 2020
johncallidon:

Unverified news? how the heck do you want us to believe this piece of sh*t??
I'm not the OP sir !
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by t12tosin: 9:07am On Feb 29, 2020
How reliable is this info?
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by Pierce008: 9:09am On Feb 29, 2020
undecided
Re: Isreal Annouces Breakthrough In Discovery Of Corona Virus Vaccine by johncallidon(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Pearlyakin:
I'm not the OP sir !
Oh my bad, Sorry brO!

(1) (Reply)

Health Effects Of Seasoning Cubes You Should Know / Cockroach Infestation.. Please Help! / Sperm Washout: ANDREWS LIVER SALT And The Shenanigans Of Some Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.