Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak (38003 Views)

Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / Ighalo To Miss Manchester United's Training Camp Over Coronavirus Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by ogbiwa: 7:58am On Feb 29, 2020
Liverpool's March towards a first league title in 30 years could be put in jeopardy by the coronavirus epidemic, according to a report in The Telegraph.

The spread of the virus could see the government cancel all sporting events for two months, which could, the report states, result in an incomplete Premier League season.

There is “no specific regulation in place” should the full 38-game season not be completed, and, were such a situation to occur, crisis talks would be required to decide whether the campaign would be voided.

“Were the Premier League season not completed, it is likely crisis talks would take place to determine whether previous results would be allowed to stand or whether the entire campaign was rendered null or void,” read the report.

There is no guarantee Liverpool would be crowned Premier League champions if the season was curtailed by the coronavirus, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

“Any final ruling could depend on how many fixtures had been played, similar to the results abandoned matches in some sporting competitions being allowed to stand if a certain percentage of them have been completed.”

The reports add that in such a situation, relegation would also likely be rendered null and void.

The United Kingdom now has 19 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with other European nations either cancelling or playing matches behind closed doors.

The Swiss soccer league (SFL) has called off all of the weekend's football matches after the government banned large events expected to draw more than 1,000 people as a measure to curb the new coronavirus epidemic.

In Italy, Serie A matches were set to be played behind closed doors amid the coronavirus outbreak which has hit the north of the country if proposals from the Italian football federation (FIGC) are approved by the government, the FIGC said on Monday.
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2019-2020/no-guarantees-liverpool-would-be-crowned-champions-if-coronavirus-spreads-report_sto7685530/story.shtml

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/28/no-guarantee-liverpool-would-crowned-premier-league-champions/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by logon599: 7:59am On Feb 29, 2020
Klopp will be like 'which Kain wahala be this'

Contact me to design your professional building drawings (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical) all at good prices as well as construction supervision from foundation to painting. Kindly chat or call 0816 124 7898 to see samples. Thank you

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by healthserve(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
Na wa o. The Red Devils want to use this sneaky excuse to destabilize our legendary of winning the league early angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Hardewarlee(m): 8:49am On Feb 29, 2020
Man city right now grin grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by PureGoldh(m): 8:50am On Feb 29, 2020
CoronaVirus just want to scatter Liverpool plans.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by OmayieHenry(m): 8:50am On Feb 29, 2020
grin
Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by olukaygold(m): 8:50am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmm! This Corona virus is getting out of hand has the media doesn't help the matter

Meanwhile a tastefully built two bedroom flat for sale around Ekiti state University. Check my sig for pics and details

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by ijaw1stson: 8:50am On Feb 29, 2020
Village people strong gaan

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by obembet(f): 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
I know it sound crazy. they don't have too cancel it. the team should be still able to play it but without the fans in the stadium for safety. we fans can watch throughout TV. it would be boring but at least it doesn't have to stopped considering all the teams make sacrifices

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by itsme01: 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
cool
Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Uyi168: 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
.... grin
For bad thing to happen, rain go shower ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Pierce008: 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by lamidex(m): 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
Eeyah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Young6x1: 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
Very bad

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Apination(m): 8:51am On Feb 29, 2020
After over 30 years, they no want make Liverpool win league grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by itsme01: 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
tsephanyah:
I’m far from a medical professional but More people die from the regular flu, and it doesnt have this effect on the market. It's not like I'm not concerned, but the panic on this one is not necessary, in my opinion. I really do have a feeling if tariffs were dropped on china, the market would rise, and it would be realised the regular flyer has killed more people.

It’s almost as
Efodemic virus (the social media and TV didn’t have anything better to do than stir the pot to pump up viewer ratings.

Boko Haram people of the North Sha want all of us to die by force after Amotekun is failing their Fulani and bandit plan, see this one preaching how Coronavirus is just flu and not dangerous, she runs around from thread to thread like a suicide bomber looking for who to deceive so that coronavirus can finish us together so that everywhere would be like Northeast.

Someone needs to Quarantine this Haboki copy and paste at yaba with the Italian before she finish us with her Corrona virus is not Dangerous Hate Speech

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Untainted007: 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
This epidemic called Corona virus is really a bad market to everything around the world. Even importation, exportation and sales around the world most especially China has been getting worst by the day. Now it has jumped on football.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by ednut1(m): 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
Lame news

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Jerrygotswagg(m): 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
Hahaha , Fake news ... If worst come
to worst , they will play the remaining games behind close doors!! #YNWA

12 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:52am On Feb 29, 2020
Fake bloggers and lazy people everywhere.

Worst come to worst, they will play it behind close doors or suspend it till the situation is controlled.

The Inevitables!

YNWA!!

cheesy

grin

8 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by MrBONE2(m): 8:53am On Feb 29, 2020
I never knew that England also have village people grin

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Pierce008: 8:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Nonsense!, Impossible, Rubbish, hahaha cry

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by olatilldend: 8:53am On Feb 29, 2020
The best run of any English club in the local league may go unacknowledged.

It would be a shame should that happen.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Bear007(m): 8:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Na wetin dey occur sef..
Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Phygo(m): 8:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Delay is not denial.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by Maxcollins042(m): 8:54am On Feb 29, 2020
If you examine closely you will figure out that one of the government officials is a Manchester United faithful.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by LordKO(m): 8:54am On Feb 29, 2020
tsephanyah:
I’m far from a medical professional but More people die from the regular flu, and it doesnt have this effect on the market. It's not like I'm not concerned, but the panic on this one is not necessary, in my opinion. I really do have a feeling if tariffs were dropped on china, the market would rise, and it would be realised the regular flyer has killed more people.

It’s almost as
Efodemic virus (the social media and TV didn’t have anything better to do than stir the pot to pump up viewer ratings.

You are obviously depressed, seek solutions fast, OK.

14 Likes

Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by hemucology(m): 8:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Sorry Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak by ajalawole(m): 8:54am On Feb 29, 2020
I just pray this happened. this one go sweet me die. cuz in such case season will be cancelled, mind u those teams at the bottom won't wont to get relegated. Liverpool should just forget it cuz I see this case going to court Sha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Scores Twice As Manchester United Defeat Derby County 3 - 0 / World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Beaten, Robbed At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.