Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? (2995 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by TeamLeader(m): 9:12am On Feb 29, 2020
She is 4 months and yet to be sitting unless she is supported. If i force her to sit after less than 3 minutes she will be crying but when supported she can sit for long. And she is very strong physically, kicking and everything.

am I being too worried or its normal.

am a brand new father tho.

At what months should I be getting worried

thanks for your contribution

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Lawgod247: 9:17am On Feb 29, 2020
it is normal.

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by hadduni(f): 9:18am On Feb 29, 2020
Dear op, It is perfectly okay for a baby of four months to act that way. Growth/ Development stage in babies vary so do not compare your baby with another baby.

18 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by chatinent: 9:19am On Feb 29, 2020
It is normal, she will as at when due. I think you are rushing things.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by TeamLeader(m): 9:23am On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
It is normal, she will as at when due. I think you are rushing things.

At what months should I be getting worried. thanks bro
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by osato45: 9:24am On Feb 29, 2020
Very normal

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by hadduni(f): 9:26am On Feb 29, 2020
TeamLeader:

You could practice sitting routine with ur baby. At most 6 month.

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by chatinent: 9:28am On Feb 29, 2020
TeamLeader:

Some children go as far as a year-plus. Just be rest assured your angel will as at when due.

Bought a baby walker-cycle for her?
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by TeamLeader(m): 9:54am On Feb 29, 2020
hadduni:
Dear op, It is perfectly okay for a baby of four months to act that way. Growth/ Development stage in babies vary so do not compare your baby with another baby.

Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Mindlog: 10:14am On Feb 29, 2020
Babies learn to sit independently between the ages of 4 and 7 months, by the 8th month they should have achieved that developmental milestone unless there is a presence of Rickets which causes weak, soft bones and such a child should be taken quickly to see a pediatric occupational therapist for early intervention and it would be corrected.

OP, there is no cause for worry since you said she is very strong physically, kicking and everything. Give her more time and she would achieve it.

5 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by momokiddies: 10:20am On Feb 29, 2020
TeamLeader:
She is 4 months and yet to be sitting unless she is supported. If i force her to sit after less than 3 minutes she will be crying but when supported she can sit for long. And she is very strong physically, kicking and everything.

you are just being agitated for no cause. she is just four months old and you are posting looking for someone to confirm your fears. you said it that she sits long when supported but, for a while without support. leave that baby alone and let her reach her own milestone at own own space. new parent faaaa! don't create trouble where there is none. my baby began to sit well on his own at six months

6 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Babiesoflagos(m): 10:33am On Feb 29, 2020
By 4 months she should be able to lie on her tummy and hold her neck up. Encourage lots of tummy time, dat way her neck and back muscles will get stronger then the sitting up will happen.
But in general, your baby is still in great health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 29, 2020
Break her back you hear, yen yen yen

3 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by frozen70(f): 10:52am On Feb 29, 2020
TeamLeader:

There is time for everything

Children starts practical sitting at four months and full sitting at six months, which will help the child to crawl

You can get a carton at six months, floor the carton with soft clothes and sit your baby inside, it helps them to learn how to sit, but on the floor

Meanwhile, concentrate on the baby walker, that's what she needs now

With the aid of the walker she will move around the house

If you force her to sit continuously at this stage, you are suffering her spinal cord

Don't rush your baby they have time for everything about their progress

Start eating for for her by chewing it and putting in her mouth, she will grow to learn to eat real food which will help you to save money for cereals
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by madridguy(m): 11:00am On Feb 29, 2020
grin grin grin

Bozzyironlady:
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 29, 2020
At 4 months you are already worried , stop putting that child under undue stress
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by GindoX(m): 11:12am On Feb 29, 2020
frozen70:

There is time for everything

Children starts practical sitting at four months and full sitting at six months, which will help the child to crawl

You can get a carton at six months, floor the carton with soft clothes and sit your baby inside, it helps them to learn how to sit, but on the floor

Meanwhile, concentrate on the baby walker, that's what she needs now

With the aid of the walker she will move around the house

If you force her to sit continuously at this stage, you are suffering her spinal cord

Don't rush your baby they have time for everything about their progress

Start eating for for her by chewing it and putting in her mouth, she will grow to learn to eat real food which will help you to save money for cereals

Like seriously? I should chew fufu and put it in his mouth, abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Richy4(m): 11:31am On Feb 29, 2020
Your baby should be running by now with other toddlers... Infact. try and enroll her @ the nearest nursery school.. By the time she clocks 1year, she will be ready to take Common Entrance Examination. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by frozen70(f): 11:40am On Feb 29, 2020
GindoX:

Like seriously? I should chew fufu and put it in his mouth, abi?

If you want to learn you, if you don't want to learn leave it

For a baby, you chew beans, yam pourage, fish, and the rest just because they can't chew

It's another way of introducing solid food to her

Some children won't eat solid food but cereals and tea even up to 2yrs

Who's pocket ❓

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Hed0nist: 5:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
With this mentality don't put too much pressure on her to be aTeam Leader when she is grown abeg.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Afrosage(f): 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Richy4:
Your baby should be running by now with other toddlers... Infact. try and enroll her @ the nearest nursery school.. By the time she clocks 1year, she will be ready to take Common Entrance Examination. undecided
hahahahah...jeez,dude wetin?

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by GindoX(m): 5:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
frozen70:

If you want to learn you, if you don't want to learn leave it

For a baby, you chew beans, yam pourage, fish, and the rest just because they can't chew

It's another way of introducing solid food to her

Some children won't eat solid food but cereals and tea even up to 2yrs

Who's pocket ❓

My pocket! grin
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by DBestDoc(f): 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
TeamLeader:

Your baby is perfectly fine. Sitting with support at 4 months is very ok

By the end of the 5th month, she should be able to sit without support at the rate she’s going.

Developmental milestones achievement is not uniform for every child. Each child has his/her own timing. However, most children achieve sitting without support by 6 months. So chill, your baby is doing great already.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by louken(m): 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
You worry over nothing.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by TeamLeader(m): 8:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bozzyironlady:

lol....cam dan ma
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by farady(m): 8:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
It's normal. Don't get yourself worked up.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by TeamLeader(m): 9:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
Richy4:

lmaoo
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by thorpido(m): 10:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Cool down.They start sitting with support at 4 months and by 5-6 months,they sit without support.
You should be worried only after 6 months.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by LadySarah: 11:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Who forces a 4 mth old child to sit down! Has your visitors told you these?

Plsoo leave her
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 01, 2020
TeamLeader:

Stop forcing her to sit on her own. At 4 months she still needs support. What you are doing can create deformities in her spine because the bones are still soft and the back and abdominal muscles are still too weak to support them. What is wrong with people these days? Don't you have a parent staying with you to guide you?

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by ecolime(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2020
My daughter 3 months and 2 weeks.
My son 7 months.

Summary: You have nothing to worry about. Don't force her. Let her develop at her own pace. Babies don't have the same developmental milestones.
Re: My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal? by Jacqueline22(f): 7:57am On Mar 01, 2020
Stop putting pressure on that baby!!! There is nothing wrong with her. Tho my baby started sitting at 4month
While my neighbor child at 5month can’t sit up right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding / Story of An Only Child !!! / What To Do If You Are Married To A Sanguine Husband Or Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.