Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

I Am Intrigued About Ciphers - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / I Am Intrigued About Ciphers (902 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by poksmahn(m): 10:55am On Mar 01, 2020
I just read a book about ciphers and I'm absolutely mind blown. I want to try solving simple ciphers during my spare time to relax and ease off on the stress.

But I do not have a steady stream of ciphers to crack. It's frustrating. So I'd appreciate it if you guys can give me some simple ciphers to solve.

I'd try to solve it in 24 hours or less.
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by scoundrel(f): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good luck on finding an intellectual response on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by poksmahn(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
scoundrel:
Good luck on finding an intellectual response on Nairaland.

Haha. I just got one from my girlfriend and I've run into a bit of trouble solving it. Do you want to help?

It's Ihdcft tebrn bl fr wkxtf ftg
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by scoundrel(f): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
poksmahn:

Haha. I just got one from my girlfriend and I've run into a bit of trouble solving it. Do you want to help?

It's Ihdcft tebrn bl fr wkxtf ftg
I have no clue how it works, but I won’t mind seeing the solution later.
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by poksmahn(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
scoundrel:

When I'm done, I'll let you know.
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by poksmahn(m): 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
scoundrel:

Phew. Finally solved it.

It's sokjma aliyu is my dream man.

She prolly made an error in the encryption process and it made my task more difficult. I can now relax!
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by scoundrel(f): 12:37am On Mar 02, 2020
poksmahn:

Phew. Finally solved it.

It's sokjma aliyu is my dream man.

She prolly made an error in the encryption process and it made my task more difficult. I can now relax!
...and what was the formula used in retrieving that? Is it just anagrams one has to rearrange to make sense?
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by poksmahn(m): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2020
scoundrel:

...and what was the formula used in retrieving that? Is it just anagrams one has to rearrange to make sense?

It is a type of substitution cipher in which each letter in the plaintext is 'shifted' a certain number of places down the alphabet. For example, with a shift of 1, A would be replaced by B, B would become C, and so on. The method is named after Julius Caesar, who apparently used it to communicate with his generals.

So, she could substitute A for O. Then B is going to be P. C is going to be Q. Like that.
Re: I Am Intrigued About Ciphers by scoundrel(f): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
poksmahn:

It is a type of substitution cipher in which each letter in the plaintext is 'shifted' a certain number of places down the alphabet. For example, with a shift of 1, A would be replaced by B, B would become C, and so on. The method is named after Julius Caesar, who apparently used it to communicate with his generals.

So, she could substitute A for O. Then B is going to be P. C is going to be Q. Like that.
So, essentially it’s like Pig Latin, but it takes more effort to decode? I don’t see the point of it anymore.

At least you both can use it as a form of lovers’ communication. One can discuss any obscene topic under the sun without her parents (or yours) catching on. I’m good with English till further notice.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Play Poker Online In India / . / Get The New Play Station3/playstation Dvdplayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.