Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 (38616 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Anthony Joshua Set To Pocket $85million From His Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by GidifeedNews: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Anthony Joshua regained the WBA, IBF and WBO titles with victory over Andy Ruiz Jr. in Saudi Arabia in December
British world champion Anthony Joshua will fight Kubrat Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 20 June.

Bulgarian Pulev, 38, is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.

Joshua won back the belts with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr. in December.

"I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am," said Pulev.

It will be Joshua's first fight in the UK since beating Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.

He was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff's Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring, with Carlos Takam stepping in to replace him at 12 days' notice.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said last week that talks were also underway for an all-British unification fight between Joshua and Tyson Fury.

Fury beat Deontay Wilder to claim the WBC title last month, meaning the British heavyweights now hold all of the division's belts between them.

However, American Wilder has triggered a rematch clause, meaning a third Fury vs Wilder contest will take place before any potential bout between Fury and Joshua.

Pulev, a former European heavyweight champion, has suffered just one defeat in 29 bouts, a fifth-round knockout by Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.

He beat Britain's Hughie Fury on points in an IBF final eliminator in Bulgaria in October 2018, his first fight since pulling out of his original meeting with Joshua.

His last bout was another unanimous points victory, against American Rydell Booker, in November.

A Pulev win makes unification easier - Analysis

BBC Sport boxing reporter Luke Reddy:

Two weeks ago the BBC Sport boxing team sat in Bob Arum's office and unprompted, he started telling us how his fighter Kubrat Pulev "will knock out Joshua".

I guess he would say that but there is no doubt Joshua's humbling at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr on 1 June has drastically changed how he is viewed.

There are questions to answer still. Joshua boxed beautifully in his rematch but looked a little uneasy whenever he was pressed. Will Pulev's team go in on the front foot in a bid to upset the odds?

Pulev could ultimately wreck the dreams of British boxing fans who have now been promised a Fury-Joshua bout for all the belts. There are so many agreements needed before that becomes a reality.

In many ways, a Pulev win would make a bout for all four belts far easier to make. Arum would control Fury and the Bulgarian, so he would only need to strike deals within his own Top Rank office to secure the historic contest.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/51705419

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Righteousness89(m): 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
Abeg , One Question!
How Many titles are in Boxing?

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by kestolove95(m): 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Walkaway fight for A. j

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by masterflowx(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
Go boy... We're solidly behind you.
Anthony omo Joshua
Sky is your starting point.

But I beg you in the name of Jesus
Pls, talkless. Don't go and do like mumu the Wilder.
Victory is yours!

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by FemiMaduka(m): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2020
Heavyweight boxing is not usually a straightforward affair. A single well-placed punch can change the complexion of a bout (Widler's downer comes to mind).

If AJ sticks to tactics, I'd fancy him even against Fury. It took Fury almost five rounds to TKO a wounded Wilder. AJ would have floored a wounded Wilder within a round of two.

It's almost time.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by ursullalinda(f): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
Seems boxing has so many titles......I don't understand......all the best to our own Anthony.

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by 9jaWebSolution: 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
goodluck to him

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by MorataFC: 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
Kuburatu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Sonnobax15(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
cheesy Joshua go beat am...but my major concern is that tottenham's stadium...the same stadium that has refused to produce fine results for both the team and its fans.

27 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Stephendeals: 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
shocked

All the best to Anthony Joshua vs Pulev...
Pulev is also a technical boxer like Joshua so it will be a rocky contest....
Pulev take bouts to the end and get decisions, so he knows how to throw body shots, evade jabs etc...
A Joshua win will make things juicy awaiting an unification bout with the Gypsy King, Many possible outcomes...
By the way Deontay Wilder has suddenly remembered his African roots after he was humbled by Fury...
He has term himself ''African Giant" has Oluwaburna finally gotten to him undecided

For New Laptops and Printers with K.O specs contact me on siggy wink

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by MorataFC: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
9jaWebSolution:
goodluck to him
buhari to him grin

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by babzo(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Abeg , One Question!
Title is by Association

The World Boxing Association (WBA)
The World Boxing Council (WBC)
The International Boxing Federation (IBF)
The World Boxing Organisation (WBO).
The International Boxing Organization (IBO)

And 17 Weight Divisions e.g. Heavyweight-Lightweight, Welterweight etc. Decided by how heavy you are.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by thoollz: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
This pulev seem to have the experience, but AJ is younger, I hope he makes use of the advantage. I don't think AJ is at the top of the sport yet, until he faces one of Wilder or Fury, which he seems to be avoiding.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nellybank(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
AJ's Next Victim. Click 'Like' if you believe this guy is finished from Joshua's hand

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by GudGuysGudGirls(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
AJ biko go put that guy legbegbe.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Digitalstarlite: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ele yi le gidigan
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by doctore212(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Abeg make una no vex ooo.

I need an Olosho number that stays around Ketu axis.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Joshua the man. Go beat the hell out of him

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
doctore212:
Abeg make una no vex ooo.
I need an Olosho number that stays around Ketu axis.
shey u know say u just break rule 1 of dis forum so. Y not go to una ashewo thread go ask for olosho number? hope d moderators will give u d number soon sha

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by ednut1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Why are these guys fighting 2wice a year na . He fights pulev, drops wbo to avoid usyk. Then faces another bum (bin man or uber driver).

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by MorataFC: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Abeg , One Question!
same question I wanted to ask.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Righteousness89(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
babzo:

Title is by Association

How many Associations do boxing have?
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by money121(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
Kuburat wa je iyalaya iya

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by xcabczyxabczzzz: 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
Them go beat craze comut for him body.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
GidifeedNews:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/51705419
Book for your hybrid turkey 08068978272
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by OakConsultNG: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
Good one

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by babzo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

How many Associations do boxing have?

The World Boxing Association (WBA)
The World Boxing Council (WBC)
The International Boxing Federation (IBF)
The World Boxing Organisation (WBO)
The International Boxing Organization

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Righteousness89(m): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
MorataFC:
same question I wanted to ask.

It's becoming confusing!

In the days of Mohammed Ali,George freeman Mike Tyson, I can't Remember anything as these..

U had one Heavyweight Champion and that was it!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tendai Ndoro Loses House, Cars To Ex-Wife Thando Maseko / Professional Referee Suspended For Using A Fan's Phone To Review A Goal / Emiliano Sala Told Teammates He Was Worried About The Plane!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.