Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People (1042 Views)

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus / Nigerian Churches Have Been Exposed By Coronavirus. / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Pope Francis has cancelled a planned Mass in Rome with other clergy after suffering a 'slight illness'. There was no word from the Vatican about the nature of his illness, but the pope was seen coughing and blowing his nose during the Ash Wednesday Mass. The previous day he had kissed heads and touched faces as he met with crowds in St Peter's Square, saying he had solidarity with those suffering from coronavirus. Italy is currently in the grips of a coronavirus outbreak that has seen towns in the north placed on lockdown and travellers from the region spread the infection to previously unaffected areas of Europe.

The capital, Rome, had three cases, but all three infected patients were cured, officials said. Coronavirus is believed to have originated in a market selling wildlife in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. It causes respiratory symptoms similar to a cold or flu and like other respiratory infections, it spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

(Source: dailymail online)

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Kpoikpoi: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2020
Ruhamah2:
Pope Francis has cancelled a planned Mass in Rome with other clergy after suffering a 'slight illness'. There was no word from the Vatican about the nature of his illness, but the pope was seen coughing and blowing his nose during the Ash Wednesday Mass. The previous day he had kissed heads and touched faces as he met with crowds in St Peter's Square, saying he had solidarity with those suffering from coronavirus. Italy is currently in the grips of a coronavirus outbreak that has seen towns in the north placed on lockdown and travellers from the region spread the infection to previously unaffected areas of Europe.

The capital, Rome, had three cases, but all three infected patients were cured, officials said. Coronavirus is believed to have originated in a market selling wildlife in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. It causes respiratory symptoms similar to a cold or flu and like other respiratory infections, it spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Kpoikpoi: 12:01am On Mar 03, 2020
Okay,lock him up so he doesn't infect other people.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by WATCHOVER(m): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2020
I dread this COVID-19 virus more than Ebola. It Airborne

1 Like

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by AgentNairaland(f): 1:34am On Mar 03, 2020
Pope no go die
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 03, 2020
Why would he kiss people's foreheads and hands when there has been a wicked epidemic in town?
Sometimes we gotta practice religion with common sense.

I hope and pray he has mere allergies because the way this virus is going, it may be angel Gabriel blowing the trumpet slowly.

1 Like

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:59am On Mar 03, 2020
no worries...if he dies that would be just like a factory recall. he will go meet his maker, and should rejoice....abi he fears "heaven/paradise"?!?!?

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by funmike83(f): 2:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Oh no
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Citytrend: 4:07am On Mar 03, 2020
The type of Opportunity the devil been looking for to blasphem the church. Just same way he thought killing Jesus will do him a favor
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by magnetic20: 5:08am On Mar 03, 2020
Great indictment on the Roman catholic faith.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Cmanforall: 5:22am On Mar 03, 2020
Ruhamah2:

Quick recovery
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by CAPSLOCKED: 6:59am On Mar 03, 2020
Citytrend:
The type of Opportunity the devil been looking for to blasphem the church. Just same way he thought killing Jesus will do him a favor

DEVIL KILLED CHRIST? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by victorVIC1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hi, please did you still opt for Queen Margaret University as my wife just got a conditiona admission from them for January intake?

1 Like

Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by victorVIC1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Hi, please did you still opt for Queen Margaret University as my wife just got a conditional admission from them for January intake? Apologies, I couldn't quote your original post as the thread is already closed
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
victorVIC1:

Hi, please did you still opt for Queen Margaret University as my wife just got a conditional admission from them for January intake? Apologies, I couldn't quote your original post as the thread is already closed
Hello. Yes I'm a student there now. Congratulations to your wife. Is she planning to attend?
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by victorVIC1(m): 5:36am On Sep 14, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Hello. Yes I'm a student there now. Congratulations to your wife. Is she planning to attend?

Wow, good to know. Congratulations to you as well. She's yet to decide as she hopes to get more offers before making her decision.

Please how do you see the school and environment in terms of cost of living (rent particularly) and job opportunities.

Also, do they require POF before CAS? We also couldn't find any information on their website relating to payment plan after the 50% deposit is made. Would appreciate any info on this. Did you also get a discount as this was not captured in the offer?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2022
victorVIC1:

Wow, good to know. Congratulations to you as well. She's yet to decide as she hopes to get more offers before making her decision.

Please how do you see the school and environment in terms of cost of living (rent particularly) and job opportunities.

Also, do they require POF before CAS? We also couldn't find any information on their website relating to payment plan after the 50% deposit is made. Would appreciate any info on this. Did you also get a discount as this was not captured in the offer?

Thanks in anticipation
Right. The school is quite nice and they are very understanding towards students. Still trying to get a place as I'm staying with someone right now. It can be quite daunting to get a place but hopefully very soon I hope to overcome this challenge. There are also lots of job opportunities as there are more than enough vacancies. The important thing is to be on ground. After paying your deposit, there is the option of installment payment spread over right months and which starts counting the month after you resume. Yes, you need POF before they issue CAS but the good thing about them is that they don't delay compared to other schools and there's no discount. The Nigerian community here is quite substantial and the Scots are nice. I haven't experienced any negative issue so there's that. Hope this helps.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by victorVIC1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Right. The school is quite nice and they are very understanding towards students. Still trying to get a place as I'm staying with someone right now. It can be quite daunting to get a place but hopefully very soon I hope to overcome this challenge. There are also lots of job opportunities as there are more than enough vacancies. The important thing is to be on ground. After paying your deposit, there is the option of installment payment spread over right months and which starts counting the month after you resume. Yes, you need POF before they issue CAS but the good thing about them is that they don't delay compared to other schools and there's no discount. The Nigerian community here is quite substantial and the Scots are nice. I haven't experienced any negative issue so there's that. Hope this helps.

I'm so greatful for the detailed feedback. Now my wife feels comfortable to proceed with this option. Please were you able to provide your transcript as this is the condition we are having tough time with. They requested for official copy and we don't even have the student copy yet despite the fact that we've made the necessary payment to the school for more than a month with no clear idea of when it will be available.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
victorVIC1:

I'm so greatful for the detailed feedback. Now my wife feels comfortable to proceed with this option. Please were you able to provide your transcript as this is the condition we are having tough time with. They requested for official copy and we don't even have the student copy yet despite the fact that we've made the necessary payment to the school for more than a month with no clear idea of when it will be available.

Oh no!! Sorry about this. I went to a private University so I didn't have issues with my transcript. Like I said earlier, they are very understanding. I suggest she sends an email to the address that requested for the transcript explaining about ASUU strike et al. Hopefully before she resumes in January a solution would be available.
All the best.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by victorVIC1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Oh no!! Sorry about this. I went to a private University so I didn't have issues with my transcript. Like I said earlier, they are very understanding. I suggest she sends an email to the address that requested for the transcript explaining about ASUU strike et al. Hopefully before she resumes in January a solution would be available.
All the best.

Noted with many thanks. God bless

Hi Boss, she has submitted the required documents today and also sent them a mail to explain the situation around delay in transcript availability. I pray they revert with positive feedback.

Please what is the major challenge with accommodation. Is it that they are quite expensive or it's an issue of non-availability? Also, hope the cold there is not extreme as I understand Scottland is quite cold.

My wife stumbled on somewhere in their page where international students can apply for scholarship of 3K and below..Are you aware of anyone that had success on this?
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ralphabbey: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Does the school need POF before issuance of CAS?
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ralphabbey:

Does the school need POF before issuance of CAS?
Yes but just for the main applicant. You need the total sum when you apply for your visa alongside any dependents coming along with you. You'll also need to pay your deposit before they issue you the CAS.
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ralphabbey: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ruhamah2:

Yes but just for the main applicant. You need the total sum when you apply for your visa alongside any dependents coming along with you. You'll also need to pay your deposit before they issue you the CAS.
okay thanks I got a conditional offer and have responded to their request. Waiting for their final response to make the offer unconditional, so I can go ahead with the deposit
Re: Fears Pope May Have Been Infected By Coronavirus After Kissing & Blessing People by Ruhamah2: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ralphabbey:
okay thanks I got a conditional offer and have responded to their request. Waiting for their final response to make the offer unconditional, so I can go ahead with the deposit
Oh that's great. Congratulations. Hope it all works out for you.

(1) (Reply)

Healing Ministry! What's The Affliction In Your Life? I Will Pray With You And Y / List Of The Greatest 419ers In World History(make Your Own Ranking) / What GOD Reveal To Me Concerning The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.