Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,620 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

“you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O (843 Views)

Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This / Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by Ike1(m): 7:58am On Mar 03, 2020
According to Salvation Ministry G.O, being single at 35 is a sign of irresponsibility.

Pastor David Ibiyeomie offers interesting relationship advice
Pastor David Ibiyeomie has some marriage advice for the singles.
The founder and General Overseer of Salvation Ministry said that anyone that is not married is not responsible. This applies to the 35-year-olds and above.

According to Daily Post, he made this statement while speaking to his congregation at the church headquarters in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

Pastor Ibiyeomie said: “If you are still single at 35, you are an irresponsible person.”

He added that staying this long without a partner is not the will of God.

The cleric went on to advise bachelors and spinsters to pray before getting married, adding that they should look out for responsible partners.

Pastor Ibiyeomie is not the first to give marriage advice.

In April 2017, Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye warned people about meeting their partners via social media.

He said, “Let me tell you clearly Let me tell you clearly if you get a wife through the Facebook, you would lose her through the Youtube. You can quote me. Any married that is concocted through the Facebook is going to crash through the Youtube. No doubt about that.”

However, the Salvation Ministry G.O may be the first preacher to say anything age-related.

Meanwhile, Pastor Ibiyeomie's church recently announced plans to wed 40 couples on the same day.

The announcement was made through Facebook. The post read: “Good News!!! God has done it again! 40 persons will be matching to Salvation Ministries Altar to be joined in Holy Matrimony this August 19th, 2017.

Plan to attend. The God of David Ibiyeomie will cause you to testify as you celebrate with them!”
The weddings took place on August 19, 2017.

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by masterflowx(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2020
His gullible followers will now rush to marriage without any visible source of income.
That is why i like , he want to remain single until he find alternative source of income since the dead meat business is not moving...

4 Likes

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by walosky(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2020
masterflowx:
His gullible followers will now rush to marriage without any visible source of income.
That is why i like , he want to remain single until he find alternative source of income since the dead meat business is not moving...

Bros easy nah!

Meanwhile, on you now...

1 Like

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by Righteousness89(m): 8:56am On Mar 03, 2020
I Totally disagree with that!

First of all, Marriage is not a Must!
It's not Everyone that will Marry..

Secondly, Never Marry Because of your age. Never Marry because all your friends are Married. The Most Important thing in Marriage is to Hear GOD... you will save yourself so many Wahala..

Years before I got Married, I had a deal with GOD . I told him plainly " If I don't hear you , I am not getting Married"
I kept to it despite connection from here and there .. I was connected to a beautiful and good lady the USA. When she came down to meet in Nigeria, Everything was good but I knew deep down in my heart that I did not hear GOD. I Just had to let it go..
When I got married, it was a Mystery.. I didn't even have money for Marriage. But Because I was privileged to Hear GOD about it, people I didn't even know took over my Marriage and Sponsored it..

It pays to Hear GOD! You will be saved from Stress!

5 Likes

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2020
masterflowx:

illiterate, ur village people matter for ur case just dey strong dey go. ur mumu for dis Nairaland no b today. as everybody dey yab and curse u reach, u still neva get sense for life. i go slap sense into ur head today 3 any thread wey i jam u.
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by OkCornel(m): 9:59am On Mar 03, 2020
Going by the pastor’s logic, Apostle Paul was irresponsible.

3 Likes

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by StrikeBack(m): 10:55am On Mar 03, 2020
All this riffs raffs Holding microphones

1 Like

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by dermmy(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2020
masterflowx:

Lmao. grin grin

1 Like

Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by paxonel(m): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2020
OK,
Paul in the bible who never got married at 35 is very irresponsible grin
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by judedwriter(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
Marriage is important but not a must.

QED.

If you must marry, wait on God...

He's the best matchmaker.
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by MuttleyLaff: 2:01am On Mar 04, 2020
paxonel:
OK,
Peter in the bible who never got married at 35 is very irresponsible grin
"14When Jesus arrived at Peter’s house, Peter’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever.
15But when Jesus touched her hand, the fever left her. Then she got up and prepared a meal for him.
"
- Matthew 8:14-15

"38Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon, whose mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever. They appealed to Jesus on her behalf,
39and He stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And she got up at once and began to serve them.
"
- Luke 4:38-39

"30Simon’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a fever, and they promptly told Jesus about her.
31So He went to her, took her by the hand, and helped her up. The fever left her, and she began to serve them.
"
- Mark 1:30-31

Peter was happily married before age 35. John the Baptist and others with Jesus never at all married though
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by paxonel(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"14When Jesus arrived at Peter’s house, Peter’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever.
15But when Jesus touched her hand, the fever left her. Then she got up and prepared a meal for him.
"
- Matthew 8:14-15

"38Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon, whose mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever. They appealed to Jesus on her behalf,
39and He stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And she got up at once and began to serve them.
"
- Luke 4:38-39

"30Simon’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a fever, and they promptly told Jesus about her.
31So He went to her, took her by the hand, and helped her up. The fever left her, and she began to serve them.
"
- Mark 1:30-31

Peter was happily married before age 35. John the Baptist and others with Jesus never at all married though
ok,
I wanted to say Paul, not Peter.

Everyone knows that Peter was married
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by MuttleyLaff: 11:07am On Mar 04, 2020
paxonel:
ok,
I wanted to say Paul, not Peter.

Everyone knows that Peter was married
Don't mind that chap from the pulpit talking a right load of old codswallop
Re: “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O by mmsen: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2020
Why is he so worried about people who are unmarried?

It is because he knows how easy it is to manipulate those who are unhappy/unstable marriages or with children that they do not know how to raise.

These religious leaders are the closest thing to evil that I have seen on this planet.

(1) (Reply)

See Why The Catholic Church Has The Largest Population Of Christians / Is There Any Mystery About Babies Born With Dreadlock Hair? / The Christian's Job: Why You're Here On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.