Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Update On Sueing Wema Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Update On Sueing Wema Bank (1253 Views)

Wema Bank Celebrates Remarkable Journey Of 79 Years / Sueing ncash Loan App / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Saka18(m): 5:03am On Mar 04, 2020
In reference to my previous post on looking for a competent Lawyer to Sue Wema Bank https://www.nairaland.com/5711356/need-very-competent-lawyer-sue.

After reading comments here on nairaland, I decided to search for legal counsel via Google me I came across Lawyer Padi who assisted me in drafting a legal document to take to bank.

When I got to the bank, the customer service representative who attended to me read the letter and shook his head and asked me to go and sit that he would get back to me. Not long, as guy came around and after reading it he started making calls and I over heard him affirming that it was wemas fault.

Not long I was given an counter indemnity form to fill and the form is filled with legal terms which I know nothing off. So I told them I would get back to them.

1. I would like to be compensated and not just stuffed with my 9k
2. I am willing to build a class action suit on wema as I also have a friend with same issue if I can get people along with me.
3. I did like someone with deeper knowledge of legal terms to explain the meaning of that counter indemnity form

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Abeltips1: 5:05am On Mar 04, 2020
[img][/img][quote][/quote] click below
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by SleakBuzzPR: 5:21am On Mar 04, 2020
Hustler.... grin
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Wasky101: 5:35am On Mar 04, 2020
Abeg no free for them . This banks must be taught a lesson
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by jeffizy(m): 6:01am On Mar 04, 2020
This is commendable and I hope you see it through.

It's high time these banks knew what it means to frustrate customers with their non chalant attitude and unknowledgable staff masquerading as customer service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05am On Mar 04, 2020
Wema bank? I thought they sold it cheesy . Carry on we de your back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by daddytime(m): 6:57am On Mar 04, 2020
I love this....

Well done bro. Make sure to see this to the end.

Their head must correct by force.
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by badoh(m): 7:30am On Mar 04, 2020
Bro, though you have every right as a customer to ensure youre not cheated in any way. However, sueing wema bank is not the best option. Firstly, there's nothing Wema Bank can do once the other Bank releases her journal confirming that you got value for the transaction. To press further is to ask for footage of the transaction. It now depend on how timely Unity can provide that. Wema Bank will have to wait for response from Unity Bank. If Unity is unable to provide the footage of the transaction, they will be debited for the 9k transaction since they have breached the service level agreement. You have taken the right step and I believe your complaint will receive instant attention this time around. Keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Saka18(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2020
badoh:
Bro, though you have every right as a customer to ensure youre not cheated in any way. However, sueing wema bank is not the best option. Firstly, there's nothing Wema Bank can do once the other Bank releases her journal confirming that you got value for the transaction. To press further is to ask for footage of the transaction. It now depend on how timely Unity can provide that. Wema Bank will have to wait for response from Unity Bank. If Unity is unable to provide the footage of the transaction, they will be debited for the 9k transaction since they have breached the service level agreement. You have taken the right step and I believe your complaint will receive instant attention this time around. Keep us updated.

They wema received a reply from unity bank since last year and they wema bank failed to credit me. They were ready to refund me 9k yesterday only if I signed the nonsense form which I am not willing to.

1 Like

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by staga: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2020
Do not sign any form. That form in essence is saying that you are absolving WEMA bank of blame and you cannot take them to court forever in respect to this case (continuing indemnity as stated on that form).

Every bank has a software that indicates whether cash was dispensed or not. I have seen this software in action myself so the bank knows they have shot themselves in the foot.

Go back to the lawyer and get advice on the way forward.
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Dabss(m): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2020
You can get way more than the 9k if you go forward with the case but it won't be cheap and there is no guarantee that you will win.

1 Like

Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
Dabss:
You can get way more than the 9k if you go forward with the case but it won't be cheap and there is no guarantee that you will win.

Wining is sure, time and money will be spent .
Re: Update On Sueing Wema Bank by Dabss(m): 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Wining is sure, time and money will be spent .
we are in Nigeria boss. when money is involved , nothing is guaranteed. Even his own lawyer can make a deal behind him.

(1) (Reply)

How To Withdraw From ATM Without Your Atm Card (cardless Withdrawal) / Amazon KDP Is A Scam / Business Directories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.