Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed (5004 Views)

Family Relocation Advice Needed / Need Help And Directions For Applying To Canada Through The Skilled Worker Progr / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:16am On Mar 05, 2020
Good Morning Nairalanders, Please I am here to seek directions, guidelines, suggestions and every every and I will take my time to read through all comments both the good ones, bad ones, and of cos the insults... I strongly believe this is the right place to get suggestions and directions.
I will try to be brief and not bore you with epistle like some people here said I love to do.

So sometimes last year, I made a comment on a post saying "I would rather relocate my family out of Nigeria..." I can't remember what the post was about but I remember saying it and that was the beginning of the thoughts and dream. The truth is, I wasn't pleased with the situation I met my family since my return from Riyadh. Though I do my best daily to assist my family in every way that I can but the economy situation of this country is not helping at all. So I pursued the thought and dream of relocating my family out of Nigeria by tripling not doubling my hustle day and night. When my elder sister passed on two weeks ago, I just concluded that it is time I move the rest of my family out of Nigeria.

My issue now is, I have no idea on where they should go and of course, I don't want them to go to Saudi or anywhere in the middle east. What I have in mind is Canada or any good place in Europe because I know America is a no go area now. I really have no knowledge about Canada and Europe. So I need all the guidelines / directions I can get here especially from people who currently live or once lived in these places I mentioned.

Let me quickly run you through what's on ground for me;
(1) I have a budget of Ten million Naira for this course. I understand that you will need to know my budget so as to make suggestion. Please I don't have more than that amount for the relocation, so please make suggestions that fits into my budget.
(2) I am relocating 4 of my family members. We are six children plus my mother. Our eldest died two weeks ago and her immediate is married with kids so she can't go anywhere. I am not leaving Nigeria either. So it's just my mom, elder brother and 2 sisters that I am relocating. Ooops my Dad will be in Nigeria with his 2 wives and children, we can't snatch him from them if not he would have joined them. So my budget is for 4 persons.
(3) I want directions or suggestions to a country where there won't be issues for them when they get there. I don't want a country that spends forever issuing visa as I want them to leave between now and may if possible. I also don't want a country where they would be stranded. I want a country with good economy, where there are available jobs, a country that have schooling and working system, a country where school fees is cheap or affordable, I want a country that accommodation / clothing / food and other amenities is cheap, a country where they will settle down quickly and easy without stress or issues from immigration and co.
(4) Please I am very particular about my family getting jobs to do when they get there including my mother. My mother is in her mid 60 but she doesn't look it and she still does menial jobs in Nigeria and she has assured me that she can do the job of care giving when she gets there. So I want her to work. I want a country where there are lots of Job.
Biko I don't want an expensive country ooo so that the burden will not fall back on me. I only want to lay the foundation for them and they will continue themselves of course with my little financial support and prayers.

I patiently await sincere directions and suggestions from my able Nairalanders. MODs please help me do the needful.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2020
Your problem is not Relocation.

The problem is that you are a very confused person.

You are confused because within your family, you have marketed and sold the idea that your indigent country is bad and that there is a better world out there for a 60 years old to start life all over as a menial worker. Such mindset brings unhappiness and stress whenever family members read bad news or watch bad news and make them feel like leaving. It is a major cause of mental disorder. Absent mindedness while body is stuck in the location.

But........ You do not even know where you want to go to. So you do not know anything about the monthly living expense of such place and how much of the 10 million will be left after your Visa processing and tickets for 4 people. You want to go and become a refugee, cos 10m is nothing for such arrangements.

Will you stop adding your burden to other countries whose citizens sat their ass down and built their countries?

What you could do with your paltry 10m:

Have you considered intra-country relocation? There are some State Capitals where you can still get Bungalow for 6m or 7m, in clean neighborhoods, and the build a nice mini-mart for your mom with about 1m to 2m, then you all can start life there as new humans.

Stop intruding into other countries with your desperation. People built those countries.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2020
Vortex369:
Your problem is not Relocation.

The problem is that you are a very confused person.

You are confused because within your family, you have marketed and sold the idea that your indigent country is bad and that there is a better world out there for a 60 years old to start life all over as a menial worker. Such mindset brings unhappiness and stress whenever family members read bad news or watch bad news and make them feel like leaving. It is a major cause of mental disorder. Absent mindedness while body is stuck in the location.

But........ You do not even know where you want to go to. So you do not know anything about the monthly living expense of such place and how much of the 10 million will be left after your Visa processing and tickets for 4 people. You want to go and become a refugee, cos 10m is nothing for such arrangements.

Will you stop adding your burden to other countries whose citizens sat their ass down and built their countries?

What you could do with your paltry 10m:

Have you considered intra-country relocation? There are some State Capitals where you can still get Bungalow for 6m or 7m, in clean neighborhoods, and the build a nice mini-mart for your mom with about 1m to 2m, then you all can start life there as new humans.

Stop intruding into other countries with your desperation. People built those countries.

Thanks...
That's why I am staying back to build Nigeria looool. When Nigeria is built, they will return to Nigeria
Thanks again.

4 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Thanks...
That's why I am staying back to build Nigeria looool. When Nigeria is built, they will return to Nigeria
Thanks again.

Then, location:

Europe - Austria (Requires learning the language, but you will be paid living wage as a legit immigrant)
North America - Canada
Africa - Mauritius

1 Like

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
In block => EUROPE OR NOTHING

But wait, who did you vote for in the last general election?

5 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
Vortex369:

Then, location:

Europe - Austria (Requires learning the language, but you will be paid living wage as a legit immigrant)
North America - Canada
Africa - Mauritius

Waoh thanks. Please what's the cost of living in Mauritius? What's the duration of the visa and processing? Is there job there? Is the accommodation cheap and are the schools there affordable?
For Canada, is accommodation cheap? Are the schools there affordable? Is there job? Thanks hun!
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
for canada if they are less than 30 with masters or two degrees and 3 years experience you can do for them. if not its by student visa of which 10m cant do for more than 1 or 2. or you do germany student visa with like 3.5m each for them. options to japa legally have become very limited

1 Like

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
collinsuchendu:
In block => EUROPE OR NOTHING

But wait, who did you vote for in the last general election?

Loool I didn't vote because I have no voters card.

2 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
ednut1:
for canada if they are less than 30 with masters or two degrees and 3 years experience you can do for them. if not its by student visa of which 10m cant do for more than 1 or 2. or you do germany student visa with like 3.5m each for them. options to japa legally have become very limited

Uhmmm they all don't have that academic qualification. Thanks for the insight...

2 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
Okay. Safe journey in advance
RiyadhGoddess:

Loool I didn't vote because I have no voters card.
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
collinsuchendu:
Okay. Safe journey in advance

Safe journey to where? I die here...
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Safe journey to where? I die here...

Lol.. Are you kidding me??
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Try Netherlands it also a good place to relocate to
There are various jobs in Amsterdam
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by ibrahim55(m): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Me ayam here to read comments nikan lobatan
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Hadampson(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
@RiyaGoddess

For a start, #10m is not enough to relocate them to any western country. Why don't you relocate them to a good country in Africa. I mean there are some nice countries in Africa where security is almost 80 - 90%

Think of the likes of Botswana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Namibia, Mauritius, etc

But there is little to no job for foreigners in these countries but with that cash, they can set up a business when they get there.

I would suggest you enrol your brother in an IT course like programming, digital marketing, graphic design, software development, data science, cloud computing etc. With one of these skills, he can register as a freelancer when he get there, earn money online and support your mother and the rest of the family.

3 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hadampson:
@RiyaGoddess

For a start, #10m is not enough to relocate them to any western country. Why don't you relocate them to a good country in Africa. I mean there are some nice countries in Africa where security is almost 80 - 90%

Think of the likes of Botswana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Namibia, Mauritius, etc

But there is little to no job for foreigners in these countries but with that cash, they can set up a business when they get there.

I would suggest you enrol your brother in an IT course like programming, digital marketing, graphic design, software development, data science, cloud computing etc. With one of these skills, he can register as a freelancer when he get there, earn money online and support your mother and the rest of the family.

God Bless you for this. I will look into Africa...
Please can you put me through how to get Mauritius or Botswana visa?

1 Like

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Try Netherlands it also a good place to relocate to
There are various jobs in Amsterdam

Waoooh really? I'm just seeing this. Please can I get more insights on Netherland?
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by autolearner: 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Tsk tsk
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Waoooh really? I'm just seeing this. Please can I get more insights on Netherland?
Also did a little research on Google you can check well for more information
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Also did a little research on Google you can check well for more information

Ok thanks
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Hadampson(m): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

God Bless you for this. I will look into Africa...
Please can you put me through how to get Mauritius or Botswana visa?

About Botswana visa, i would like to refer this website to you in which all the information you need is available for you.

If you still need further information just visit their Botswana High Commission in either Lagos or Abuja.

The website is: http://www.gov.bw/

#

As for Mauritius visa, they do not presently have an embassy or consulate in Nigeria at the moment but citizens of Nigeria can visit Mauritius without obtaining a visa prior to their travel. A visa on arrival will be issued at the port of entry

I hope this information will assist you ma'am smiley

4 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by Hadampson(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Ok thanks

Boss @Pansophist should be able to give you a first hand experience in Netherlands. Wait for his input smiley
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hadampson:

Boss @Pansophist should be able to give you a first hand experience in Netherlands. Wait for his input smiley

Thanks I sincerely appreciate it..
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:06am On May 10, 2020
FAM it's few minutes for service to start. Please click on the link below to join Pastor David Ogbueli Live as he ministers to us God's Word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgB1S61F6A
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:08am On May 17, 2020
Good Morning Dear Friends.
It's another Sunday again and I invite everyone of us to join Pastor David Ogbueli this morning as he unveils end time Prophetic Mysteries.

Kindly use the link below to join us and we will be glad to have you in our midst online.
God Bless You.
Shile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJa5BegWhyI
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by decasey(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2020
Sinec day all grown men n women I will advise you to move them batch by batch or one after the other, ur mother should be the last person to move, u said u you somehow base here u can keep an eye on her for a while b4 u relocate her.
The reason why I said that is to allow the rest to somehow settle down, so by the time ur mum john dem it will be a beat easy for them to take care of her b4 she can start doing anything.
I will advise you not to move any to dem to any Africa country please don't do that. Europ is better but not any country in Europe. Do your research to no the good once. Nederland, UK, Germany, France, Ireland. Norway, Poland and Sweden. Besides if u can move any of them to Canada good the rest can settle down in Europe.
Please be very careful not to fall into the hand of any fraudulent agent ooo, dem full nairaland.
Don't realise a kobo to any agent that you want to use until he or she is down with what ever process day might want to use, n confirm it first b4 give out any kobo

5 Likes

Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by James4bright(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
Good Morning Dear Friends.
It's another Sunday again and I invite everyone of us to join Pastor David Ogbueli this morning as he unveils end time Prophetic Mysteries.

Kindly use the link below to join us and we will be glad to have you in our midst online.
God Bless You.
Shile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJa5BegWhyI

Don't give any African country a shot oh. It's better you invest here in Nigeria.
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 5:32pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

Don't give any African country a shot oh. It's better you invest here in Nigeria.

I already did for them in Nigeria but they got frustrated out of it. They are tired of Nigeria especially my brother. I was going to go checkout Mauritius before the lockdown happened... I was told the place is good. Will visit there as soon as every where is opened...
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 5:35pm On May 17, 2020
decasey:
Sinec day all grown men n women I will advise you to move them batch by batch or one after the other, ur mother should be the last person to move, u said u you somehow base here u can keep an eye on her for a while b4 u relocate her.
The reason why I said that is to allow the rest to somehow settle down, so by the time ur mum john dem it will be a beat easy for them to take care of her b4 she can start doing anything.
I will advise you not to move any to dem to any Africa country please don't do that. Europ is better but not any country in Europe. Do your research to no the good once. Nederland, UK, Germany, France, Ireland. Norway, Poland and Sweden. Besides if u can move any of them to Canada good the rest can settle down in Europe.
Please be very careful not to fall into the hand of any fraudulent agent ooo, dem full nairaland.
Don't realise a kobo to any agent that you want to use until he or she is down with what ever process day might want to use, n confirm it first b4 give out any kobo

Thanks for your advise but the countries you mentioned, will my budget be enough?
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by James4bright(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

I already did for them in Nigeria but they got frustrated out of it. They are tired of Nigeria especially my brother. I was going to go checkout Mauritius before the lockdown happened... I was told the place is good. Will visit there as soon as every where is opened...

Don't oh. Rather give Germany a shot. They should get good jobs there.
Re: Family Relocation Suggestions And Directions Needed by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:04pm On May 17, 2020
James4bright:

Don't oh. Rather give Germany a shot. They should get good jobs there.

I will do more findings on Germany. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Iceland Student Visa / Student Visa To Hungary / 7 Best International Student Loans In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.