Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road (5827 Views)

Is Mazda Cx9 A Good Car For Places With Many Bad Roads / Car Spotted Carrying Another Car On Nigerian Road (video) / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by FEMIAN: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2020
Is this car reliable vis a vis availability of Parts, and mechanically friendly?
Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by Socialproject: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2020
At a relatively affordable price, Its packed with features that most luxury brands offer.

As for parts, I am aware Mazda shares some with Ford, but I need to validate this.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by nurey(m): 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
FEMIAN:
Is this car reliable vis a vis availability of Parts, and mechanically friendly?

Mazda CX9 = Ford Edge.

Beware of the water pump or so, if it fails and engine kaput that's the beginning of the end grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Socialproject:
At a relatively affordable price, Its packed with features that most luxury brands offer.

As for parts, I am aware Mazda shares some with Ford, but I need to validate this.

Mazda of that period, yes. Not anymore.
Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by nutripotherbals: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
That car is fully loaded. Drives better than Highlander. The V6 engine is powerful.

Parts are available in Lagos for now.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 2:31am On Mar 06, 2020
nutripotherbals:
That car is fully loaded. Drives better than Highlander. The V6 engine is powerful.

Why would a Nigerian say a car (Ford) is loaded and drives better than Highlander if that statement is a fallacy
Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by nutripotherbals: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2020
sultaan:

Why would a Nigerian say a car (Ford) is loaded and drives better than Highlander if that statement is a fallacy

That car is more loaded and drives better than Highlander in it's class.

Not all Toyota cars are not as superior as they're promoted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by 9icetoo(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2020
nutripotherbals:

I'm not saying you are wrong. Care to share what it is loaded with that any other SUV in its class does not have?

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by DGD1(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
nutripotherbals:

That car is more loaded and drives better than Highlander in it's class.

Not all Toyota cars are not as superior as they're promoted.

Do you have an explanation for this?

2 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
DGD1:

Kazeem fuckery as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by oluwaseunla(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Water pump is chain driven. If it fails, you are looking at replacing more than water pump. If you are really unlucky, water pump failure could result in you needing a new engine. Best thing is to watch that component like a hawk. By the way, engine is not cheap either. But most parts are available. May be pricey though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by SpaceAngel: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
DGD1:

Mazda Toyota motors

2 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
DGD1:

The mechanic is not a problem only doing what he knows will fetch money.
The car is not the big problem maybe it was abused, but the owner is the real culprit because he bought into a really bad idea

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
oluwaseunla:
Water pump is chain driven. If it fails, you are looking at replacing more than water pump. If you are really unlucky, water pump failure could result in you needing a new engine. Best thing is to watch that component like a hawk. By the way, engine is not cheap either. But most parts are available. May be pricey though.

At some point water pump will need to be replaced in all cars in this case if not noticed in time but regular inspection of oil level it will mess up the bearings

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by DGD1(m): 8:51am On Mar 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Kazeem fuckery as usual.

I was wowed!
Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by DGD1(m): 8:54am On Mar 07, 2020
sultaan:

The mechanic is not a problem only doing what he knows will fetch money.
The car is not the big problem maybe it was abused, but the owner is the real culprit because he bought into a really bad idea

When as the car owner, you bought a car to standout(not joining the #ToyotaGeng). Then the car under 2yrs starts to fail you, someone (Kazeem) brings an idea, you will be left with no choice.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by oluwaseunla(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
sultaan:

At some point water pump will need to be replaced in all cars in this case if not noticed in time but regular inspection of oil level it will mess up the bearings

Erm!! I guess autocorrect did a number here. I actually don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by KINGreignn: 1:35am On Mar 08, 2020
Mazda of those era knew nothing about reliability due to their romance with ford, ford on the other hand, we're surprisingly reliable during that era. Talk about irony! grin

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by sultaan(m): 4:51am On Mar 08, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Erm!! I guess autocorrect did a number here. I actually don't understand.

By regular inspection.
Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by EgunMogaji2: 4:56am On Mar 08, 2020
DGD1:

I would love to get this mechanics information if you don’t mind. Thanks.

He’s brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by DGD1(m): 6:31am On Mar 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I would love to get this mechanics information if you don’t mind. Thanks.

He’s brilliant.

The picture was taken in Ibadan.
Kube field, atenda, de castle road.

Its owned by an Islamic cleric, you can get more info from the mechanics there.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by FEMIAN: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2020
Thanks to all Nairalanders who has given their noble contributions to this subject,
My question was borne out of curiosity seeing the number of this model in recent time on our roads.

More so, most of the ones i have come across are either not yet registered or just arriving from the port with cute looking
and gorgeously looking interior that could Lured anyone that appreciates beauty.

My take on this is that NO CAR or brand is BAD, it all depends largely on the users; maintenance is the key word here

Thanks and do have a stress free week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
FEMIAN:
Thanks to all Nairalanders who has given their noble contributions to this subject,
My question was borne out of curiosity seeing the number of this model in recent time on our roads.

More so, most of the ones i have come across are either not yet registered or just arriving from the port with cute looking
and gorgeously looking interior that could Lured anyone that appreciates beauty.

My take on this is that NO CAR or brand is BAD, it all depends largely on the users; maintenance is the key word here

Very naive take. Some cars are bad, some brands are bad, at least relative to others. Don't let anyone deceive you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by KINGreignn: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
FEMIAN:

Ehehehehe until you own a Rover 75 and a Land Rover freelander with the K series engine then you'd know better.

2 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by BamBamK: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
leave him alone bros.... dog way go lost no hear hunter voice...

KINGreignn:

Ehehehehe until you own a Rover 75 and a Land Rover freelander with the K series engine then you'd know better.

1 Like

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by DGD1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

At least Mechanic go chop,
Rewire go feed him family....

2 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by Praxtech: 10:54am On May 01, 2020
DGD1:

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by Praxtech: 10:56am On May 01, 2020
FEMIAN:

I have owned a toks Freelander. And I can tell you that it was designed by Satan and assembled by monkeys. It left the factory with 201 known errors.

6 Likes

Re: Mazda CX9 Series, The New Bride On The Nigerian Road by RZArecta(m): 11:25am On May 01, 2020
Praxtech:

I have owned a toks Freelander. And I can tell you that it was designed by Satan and assembled by monkeys. It left the factory with 201 known errors.
that demonic little vermin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil For Lexus Es350 / Where To Buy Very Clean Cars Cheap. / Help With My Lexus Es 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.