Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,475 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

How To Stop Being Attached And Experience Happiness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop Being Attached And Experience Happiness (141 Views)

Please Help!! I Have A Growth On My Forehead (pics Attached) / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Gynecomastia help needed.. Photos attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Being Attached And Experience Happiness by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 05, 2020
"Attachment is the source of suffering."

-Buddha

Attachment is an important aspect of a developing infant. Attachment theory have been helpful for creating the right emotional support for infants, especially orphaned and abandoned children.

Through the knowledge of attachment theory, we can intervene in the child's instabilities due to unfortunate neglect or abandonment, to raise a better and emotionally stable infant.

Children can be attached to their caregivers in various ways depending on the environmental factors. It could be a secure attachment, ambivalent insecure attachment, avoidant insecure attachment or disorganized attachment.

Of all these major four attachment types, the secure attachment is the ideal.

Secure attachment is very important for children to develop stable emotional and psychological wellbeing from the sense of security this attachment gives to them.

I have no plan to delve into attachment theories here. So I'd discuss the attachment to things and people that adults often get themselves into, and it's implications on our emotional wellbeing.

It is true that secure childhood attachment with primary and secondary caregivers does affect the adult's relationships positively throughout the lifetime, making it easier for them to form stronger healthy bonds socially, and connect authentically with others. It has been found to be influential in their development of a healthy self esteem, emotional stability and lower chances for the experiences of anxiety and depression.

However, the attachment I'm more particular about this moment is our difficulty to let go of toxic people and things because of our clinginess to them.

This may have to do with the type of attachment we might have had in early childhood. But it's not only limited to it.

When we become too attached to anyone, or a situation, to assume that we cannot live without them, we make ourselves victims of what should have been a source of pleasure. This is where I am concerned about.

Take for instance the fear of loneliness that can make someone remain in a toxic and abusive relationship. This person may feel incapable of living alone because he feels life would be too bad or meaningless without the abuser. Even though they may have never really experienced being alone to know if that was true or not. For these lots, their life is a constant dependence on their abuser because of their attachment from the limiting beliefs. They feel too attached to let go, even when the relationship has become very toxic and risky for them.

This may be the reason some people return to their abusers. They feel unable to cope in a new and unfamiliar environment because of the initial discomfort sudden change can cause.

Now, this is a terrible ground to stand on. As much as we need one another for the "feel good" connections and social interactions, we must also realize that we do have options. Unfortunately, attachment can blind you from this fact. So you keep returning to your vomit, rather than create new environment through new connections.

As an emotional wellness coach, I've seen this play out in different ways from my experience in helping individuals develop a stable emotional environment.

Some people would list all the possible reasons why they cannot leave the environment that acts as trigger to their already traumatized life because of their fear of an unknown terrain.

Attachment exists because of fear of the unknown new environment. So you'd rather stay with what's familiar. The more you reaffirm this negative emotions and feelings from this familiar environment through the negative ways it leaves you in, the more devastated and sad your life becomes.

People get attached to things, persons, situation, feelings. In fact, we can be attached to anything that feeds us a familiar experience which we continue to crave. So when I mention being attached to an environment in this case, it could mean any of these, depending on what you're attached to.

When we become attached to anything, we feel stuck because we've denied the energy in that experience its free flow. We wish to hold on to any experience we are attached to. Now, this is where the problem lies. Because everything in life is in constant movement due to the energy in them. Which is a good thing. But our desire to be attached to the experience is an attempt to keep it stagnant, thus leading to our suffering. It is from this angle we suffer from being attached to things and people. This is an emotional torture because of the friction your resistance can cause.

So when you're attached to an event that had passed, it means you attempt to block it's continous energy from being released into the flow. You want it fixated in that moment. This isn't helpful to your emotional wellbeing.

If this happens to be a bad experience that could affect your emotional state, you'd be in perpetual unhappiness because of your desire not to let go of that event. So you carry the environment of that experience around you, even when you happen to be in a different environment. This can make it difficult for you to be present or to move on from the situation. Not good!

For the complete post, please click on the link below

https://joyiseki.com/how-to-stop-being-attached-and-experience-happiness/

#emotionalwellnesscoach
#howtofindhappiness
#howtobecomehealesfromtrauma
#howtoovercomeattachment
#whattodowhentraumatized

(1) (Reply)

More Than Half Of Coronavirus Patients Globally Have Recovered / Http://www.fitnescircle.com/primal-core/ / Eft Pro 2 Dongle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.