Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta (270 Views)

African Countries Praised For Handling Coronavirus Really Well / By Gods Grace Nigeria Is Handling Covid 19 Better Than The Super Powers Despite / WHO Satisfied With How Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by Burstingbrain: 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigerian journalist identified as chuks nwanne had confirmed that Nigeria is handling coronavirus better..

In the paragraphs that follow, he says Nigeria is handling the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak currently ravaging the planet, differently, and in a more better way

The journalist said as quoted below;

When Nigeria’s Minister of Health tells you the country is ready to fight Coronavirus, it’s not a joke. Indeed, Nigeria is ready. If there’s anywhere I have fears, it’s not Nigeria, not even China, which is still battling the virus head-on; I fear for Europe.

“I left Berlin, Germany yesterday, had a stopover at Istanbul Airport, before connecting to Lagos. All through that journey of about 11 hours altogether, nobody stopped anybody to check for anything; people freely moved in and out of airports, in and out of flights; individuals only cared for themselves by wearing masks.

“In fact, the Turkish Airlines staff that boarded us to Lagos had his mask on, but no one checked anybody! However, most flights going to Italy and other cities were cancelled for fear of the deadly virus. Yet, people were allowed to move in and out freely.

“As soon as the plane got to cruise level, the cabin crew handed all passengers a form from the Federal Ministry of Health, which mandates every passenger to give their health info. In fact, a certain Nigerian lady, who happens to be a health worker, took time to explain the virus to passengers and how to take precautionary measures. In the end, she handed sanitisers to those who needed them.

“Upon arrival at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, the health officers picked the forms one after another, asked few questions and screened every passenger; it doesn’t matter who you are. In some cases, few were not allowed in, like the lady puts it, “oga, your temperature is too high, we can’t allow you to go in, just have your seat there.”

“For those who were allowed in, your hands must be sanitised for free.

“I felt so proud about Nigeria, particularly the Environmental Health Office, who went through the pains of screening every single passenger that landed in Lagos this night. Among them were Igbos, Hausas, Yoruba… People from different ethic groups, working in harmony to save their nation.

“These are some of the things that make me believe this country will rise again, if only we can put aside hate and tribalism. Nigeria, I hail thee. Meanwhile, I’m back

https://burstingbrainmedia.com.ng/journalist-who-just-returned-from-europe-says-nigeria-is-handling-coronavirus-better/

Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by folamiayoyinka: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
*�Earn up to R300/Day*
*�By Using WhatsApp*

Follow Link and Invite Friends
To Visit Your link to Earn
Bonus R10�

������
*https://payza.me/?ref=XdLLyYgQc* no registration fee or email drop.
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by Abfinest007(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
buhari head go de big now on hearing this
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by slowice(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Good to know at least we re doing this onevright
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by slowice(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Good to know at least we re doing this one right
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by PETBabaK(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria is doing well in this aspect
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by mycar: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Forget, Nigeria no dey joke with their health, they know say health care system na zero, nobody wan fall sick, prevention is better than cure in Nigeria.
Kudos to the workers.
Re: Journalist Who Just came From Europe Says Nigeria Is Handling Coronavirus Beta by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Why won't them be serious, they can see Iran na. Corona virus na for leaders o

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Cruise Ship Grand Princess Docks In California / Tracking Coronavirus’ Global Spread In Picture / #BREAKING First Human Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.