Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Car Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Not Starting (1461 Views)

Car Not More Than 1 Million / My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. / Just Repaired My Bashed Car But Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hello I need some suggestions and help here.

My VW golf 5 stopped in motion. After checks I was told it was the fuel pump. Changed fuel pump. Now after work today it didnt startup. The engine is cranking but not starting.

What can possibly be the problem?

cc;

nurey
diportivo
gazzuzz
radautoworks
Re: Car Not Starting by nurey(m): 1:50am On Mar 07, 2020
viqSmallz:

My VW golf 5 stopped in motion. After checks I was told it was the fuel pump. Changed fuel pump. Now after work today it didnt startup. The engine is cranking but not starting.

First thing to do is to scan the vehicle for error codes if no code is associated with ignition then your mechanic starts diagnosis the old fashioned way.

Check all fuses that has to do with ignition and security

Then he has to check things related to spark, air and fuel etc. To ascertain the odd one out.
Re: Car Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:10am On Mar 07, 2020
viqSmallz:

cc;

nurey
diportivo
gazzuzz
radautoworks

go back to fuel pump
Re: Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

go back to fuel pump
Thanks. Will do
Re: Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2020
nurey:

First thing to do is to scan the vehicle for error codes if no code is associated with ignition then your mechanic starts diagnosis the old fashioned way.

Check all fuses that has to do with ignition and security

Then he has to check things related to spark, air and fuel etc. To ascertain the odd one out.

As at yesterday after touching some fuses it starts then go back.

Will relay your info. Thanks
Re: Car Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2020
viqSmallz:

As at yesterday after touching some fuses it starts then go back.

Will relay your info. Thanks

It was never the fuelpump in the first place.

Electrical issues.
Re: Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 10:42am On Mar 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It was never the fuelpump in the first place.
Electrical issues.
Imagine, wasted money for the pump.
Will tell the electrician.
Thanks thanks
Re: Car Not Starting by nurey(m): 11:02am On Mar 07, 2020
viqSmallz:

Imagine, wasted money for the pump.

Will tell the electrician.

Thanks thanks

NOT really the pump may be faulty the first time. Let a rewire do all the necessary test and check fuses and relay to pin point the fault
Re: Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
nurey:

NOT really the pump may be faulty the first time. Let a rewire do all the necessary test and check fuses and relay to pin point the fault

So he wa able to make the car start and move, but it moves like its with almost no power.

He said we have to reset the car system.

Is this in order.?
Re: Car Not Starting by nurey(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
viqSmallz:

So he wa able to make the car start and move, but it moves like its with almost no power.

He said we have to reset the car system.

Is this in order.?

Your issue needs physical diagnosis, if the technician is tired and doesn't know what to do, collect the vehicle and find a more knowledgeable technician.

Probably he wants to touch the throttle body and its associated sensors.
Re: Car Not Starting by viqSmallz(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
nurey:

Your issue needs physical diagnosis, if the technician is tired and doesn't know what to do, collect the vehicle and find a more knowledgeable technician.

Probably he wants to touch the throttle body and its associated sensors.

Yea. Its the throttle that was the problem. In his words 'ina o de throttle'
He just dropped it off now. Hoping this is a lasting solution.

(1) (Reply)

Help: I Need Help To Fix Intractable Overheating Problem / Clean Nigeria Used Honda Accord With Well Working Ac For 780k. / My Mercedes Benz C350 Giving Me Knee Pains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.