Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

You Should Live! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Should Live! (173 Views)

FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die / Why You Should Live In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Should Live! by Christianokaro(m): 6:39am On Mar 07, 2020
Jesus! Bololo! Why?
That was them talking. Same people, same voices.
I was shocked, I was surprised, I never expected those reactions.

Here's My Story

I would walk down the street with my long, thick, black afro with very little signs of a soon to be bald frontal and I’ll hear them say things like
‘your hair is too long’
‘You are a guy, you shouldn't keep hair like a lady’
‘this hair doesn't suit you’
‘have you looked yourself up in the mirror lately’?

You know the problem with hearing things?
You can not easily unhear them.
I had heard those words from people I shouldn't be listening to but I couldn't unhear them, so this was what happened.

In my most vulnerable moments, I was hearing those words, those voices, inside of me. I wasn't shunning them either, so the voices grew louder inside me, so much that I started feeling like a tyrant leader who won't yield to his people's will.
These voices were immigrants, they weren't citizens of my mind. Yet they had come to yield so much internal power.

So one day I was at the salon with my friend and cousins and these external voices won.
Bololo, I said to my barber.
That was all I had to say.

‘why you cut your hair?
‘that your fine hair’
Jesus! Bololo! Why!
See your head! You don look mirror so?

I couldn't believe it. It was them, these external voices.
And they are saying these?

That was when I knew, that if I live my life listening to people, I wouldn't live.
I choose to live

You Should Live!
Re: You Should Live! by chatinent: 7:01am On Mar 07, 2020
Smiles.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

24hours Bedbug Killer!!! / Every Thing You Need Online...subscribe To Etyno Tv / Our Daily-devotional-the Unpardonable Sin- 29 March, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.