Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday (47902 Views)

Pete Edochie Celebrates His Son, Yul On His 40th Birthday / Ned Nwoko Hosts Pete Edochie, Celebrates His 73rd Birthday (photos) / Chief Imo Visits Pete Edochie With Gifts On His 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by lalasticlala(m): 9:27am On Mar 07, 2020
Pete Edochie Turns 73 Today

Chief Pete Edochie, MON (born 7 March 1947) is a Nigerian actor. Edochie is considered one of Africa’s most talented actors, being honoured with an Industry Merit Award by Africa Magic and Lifetime Achievement by Africa Film Academy.

Although a seasoned administrator and broadcaster, he came into prominence in the 1980s when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s all-time best selling novel, Things Fall Apart. Edochie descends from the Igbo people in Nigeria and is a Catholic. In 2003, he was honoured as a Member of the Order of the Niger by President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Career

He got into radio broadcasting in 1967 at the age of 20 as a junior programmes assistant after which he was elevated to the level of a Director. He was director of programmes, but doubling sometimes as Deputy Managing Director and occasionally acting as Managing Director. He quit ABS because the government decided to politicise the affairs of their FM station, thereby resulting in the entire management being asked to move out, including him. He was to be the immediate successor to the MD but had to leave and enrol into the movie industry. Prior to that, he had featured in Things Fall Apart and had won an International Award. The BBC flew into Nigeria to interview him for his role in Things Fall Apart.

In September 2017, Edochie endorsed Wikimedia movement in Nigeria by appearing in a video to increase awareness and use of Wikipedia among the older generations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Edochie

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Neroiam(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2020
Senior man.

Happy birthday Sir

*he who thinks the soup is too much for the EBA can't handle greatness*

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Roadtoyesterday: 9:31am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday..... But he doesn't look 70th self

Contact me for ur NYSC redeployment
Check my signature for whatsapp contact

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by madridguy(m): 9:32am On Mar 07, 2020
Pete Edochie one of Nigeria finest actor. I can still recollect around earlier days of AIT grin you go watch movies tire. You don't need to have cable to enjoy good movies. AIT really tried for Nigeria.

Back to Pa Pete Edochie, Papa sabi act wicked roles those days.

Long life sir. Good health sir. Rag will not fit you sir.

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Davash222(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2020
"He who complains that the soup is too much for the eba cannot handle greatness"

-Pete Edochie

Happy birthday Sir. Age gracefully.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by NextD18: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2020
Pete Edochie my mentor A.k.a Slayer of Nigerian iddiotic feminist!

His advice "Don't kneel to propose to any woman" remains the way forward!

Happy Birthday Odogwu nwoke!

Aka jide akpu, egwu atuo ofe

I wish you long life and prosperous days ahead!

May you keep advising the youth of these days on what is needed and obtainable in a family.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by lonelydora: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2020
Wow! So this great man is my birthday mate?

Happy birthday to me and to Chief Okonkwo of Things Fall Apart.

"He who asks for more vegetables should also pray for more rains"....Pete Edochie

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by NaijadrivaCars: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy Birthday Onye Nna. Odogwu Nteje, may your days be long.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by ReubenE(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday to me and Pete Edochie

378 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday Sir
More strength to you sir

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Emmy9ite02(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy belated birthday to a SAGE!!

5 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by nepapole(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2020
My nigga!!
A man who kneels to propose to a lady is a FOOL - Pete Edochie

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by drizslim(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2020
Odogwu alusi na nteje.. Happy birthday chief

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Auxtin85(m): 9:43am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday sir
Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2020
A man who kneels to propose to a lady is a fool

Pete Edochie(ebube dike) 2020

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by ostarlink: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by IDFWU(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2020
If familiarity was useful, water wouldn’t cook fish.

- Pete Edochie 2012
cool

BTW in some other news, Lalasticlala just opened and pushed a snake-free thread to FP shocked Today’s gon be great! cheesy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by lovinhubby2wife(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2020
Aging like fine wine

6 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by DennisEche(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2020
God bless you sir, hbd sire, you are a talented actor, your English skills is superb, your idioms na die, we de learn from you, i never forget your role of Okonkwo in Things fall apart.
He whom the gods have cracked their palm canel should never be ungrateful

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by bluefilm: 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Okonkwo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by DropsMic(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Oga
Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by fergie001: 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy Bday...Sir

See Sam loco Efe in one of the pictures....rip

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by Chuzoetoh(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday Sir. You are a living legend, can remember anytime I'm about to watch Nigerian movie, n I see the name; Pete Edochie, I watch DAT movie with gusto. Thanks Sir for colourfully gracing our screen back then. None can fill ur shoes in d movie industry no matter how hard they try.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Celebrates His 73rd Birthday by odigbosky(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2020
Happy birthday Agumba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Former Big Brother Stars Barbz And Zainab Are Now A LESBIAN COUPLE (PICS) / Wizkid Parties In Shatta Wale’s House, Hugs, Pops Champagne / Basketmouth Calls Goodluck Jonathan A "Thief"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.