Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta (13076 Views)

Hectares Of Land Available At Abeokuta For Sale At 250k Per Acre(PRICE UPDATE) / (PRICE UPDATE) 250k/acre Farm Land At Abeokuta Still Selling... / Swarmp Land Suitable For Fish Farming At Ikorodu Price #800k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta by emmaodet: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
dellaziz:

OK thanks!!

The factory is based in abk?

Yep
Re: Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta by Motherlove: 4:21am On Apr 19, 2023
Re: Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta by Theophinio(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2023
emmaodet:
Hello nairalanders,

The new planting season is here and am about trying my hands on 2 acre of groundnuts.
Fingers crossed. I'll be uploading the progress regularly to teach and be taught so lets be positive on this thread.

I am into groundnut oil production and my major challenge has been the high cost of raw materials (groundnut) which has rendered the business handicapped.
I do buy groundnuts from bida, mokwa, kano, gombe and adamawa but the cost and logistics has made me to think inward and homeward.
Cost of leasing 1 acre is #6,000
Tractor for ploughing 1 acre is #5,000 excluding fueling.
Seed - i bought improvised seed, samnut 21 and 22 (12 kg per acre each) = #9,600 for all
Other things to do -
Tractor ridging - #5,000 per acre minus fueling.
Herbicides
Planting cost
Insecticide to be sprayed immediately after flowering.
Cost of spraying insecticide.
Cost of harvesting.
Thanks and will keep you updated

Good morning boss

How do you see buying groundnut cake from groundnut oil processing factories and supplying to feedmill

Is there a sizable profit margin in it
Re: Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta by emmaodet: 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2023
Theophinio:

Good morning boss

How do you see buying groundnut cake from groundnut oil processing factories and supplying to feedmill

Is there a sizable profit margin in it

It is not that profitable bro.
Most feed millers will want to buy at a ridiculous price and still owe you for like 2 weeks or more before paying.

I tried doing GNC supply but didn't make any reasonable profit compared to the risk involved.
Some are doing it sha to survive but most guys that make profit from it in gombe do buy and stock in large quantities like 1 trailer or more in store when groundnut is cheap and GNC is cheap around august/September and sell in february/March

1 Like

Re: Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta by Theophinio(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
emmaodet:

It is not that profitable bro.
Most feed millers will want to buy at a ridiculous price and still owe you for like 2 weeks or more before paying.

I tried doing GNC supply but didn't make any reasonable profit compared to the risk involved.
Some are doing it sha to survive but most guys that make profit from it in gombe do buy and stock in large quantities like 1 trailer or more in store when groundnut is cheap and GNC is cheap around august/September and sell in february/March

Thanks so much boss for this detailed information

Please are you still in the business of processing groundnut seeds to Oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Cowpea Farm In Kano / Get Business Plan/ Feasibility Study For Your Plantain Farm / CATFISH MART. A Platform That Connects Catfish Farmers Directly To Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.