Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily (3581 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Primenet(m): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello good people,
I have a serious issue that is bothering me. I need your help please.

The issue without wasting time has to do with my mother in law who constantly passes the night in our home.

She have her own rented apartment in the same neighborhood but prefer to pass the night in our home.

Is this good? How do I put a stop to this?
Your opinion is highly appreciated in advance.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by MickzyDonald: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
i wll say a word
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by yvesboss(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lol
Bring in a visitor for a week to occupy the room or turn the room to a store

I’m joking oooo

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Tominix(m): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ftc wow . . . . . . . . . . Aunty see jus dnt do any tin make sure she feels at home . . . . . . And if she bring the matter bout having a child. Drop the hint that you will need a littie priv......
am nt married though . . . . . . . .
ehm bt wetin i knw sef
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by OlawaleBammie: 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
uu don enter am oo

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Tominix(m): 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
MickzyDonald:
i wll say a word
I AM MEANT TO BE THE FTC NA*SOBS* SEUN NO GO CRDT ME NW
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by babyfaceafrica: 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lmao.. Na ur cross carry am
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by GboyegaD(m): 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Primenet:
Hello good people,

The issue without wasting time has to do with my mother in law who constantly passes the night in our home.

She have her own rented apartment in the same neighborhood but prefer to pass the night in our home.

What is the reason she is giving and have you discussed your discomfort with your wife?
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by choice17(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
Oga, have you try discussing the situation with your wife? please do, as it will give you an insight on how to properly tackle her reasons for always sleeping at your house!
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by LadySarah: 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
She lives close nah and might not like living alone.

Get her someone to stay with her or suck it up if she isn't getting in ur way.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
Is she lonely?
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Adgideon(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Who pays the rent of ur home, or if is ur own house, put ur authority to work, what's wrong with her place, and what is ur wife saying, concerning the issue, which ever you have the final say

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by namiji2598: 12:04am On Mar 09, 2020
She is not comfortable u fvcking her daughter
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by frozen70(f): 3:23am On Mar 09, 2020
Primenet:
Hello good people,

Pls don't be offended

What's wrong with your mother inlaw passing night with you guys

Is it that you hate her or you don't want to see her sleeping in your home

That woman, no matter how bad she is, is capable of saving your marriage or putting your marriage in a scale of spoiling it depends on your relationship with her

If you have children, let her watch over them while you go to work

Assuming you are at her age and your daughter inlaw is acting the same way with you, would you be happy about it

Have you ever imagined, how loneliness makes her to look for a home to be warm with and her son's home remains her home forever

Assuming she sleeps on your husband bed of which she won't do it, it's a different thing

Pls change your mind set towards her and give her a warm embrace in your home

Accommodate her and utilise her

If you claim you love your husband, love her too and you will appreciate her and be happy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by yomi007k(m): 4:43am On Mar 09, 2020
This should not be an issue if there is TRUE LOVE.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Winneygirl(f): 7:16am On Mar 09, 2020
frozen70:

Pls don't be offended

What's wrong with your mother inlaw passing night with you guys

Is it that you hate her or you don't want to see her sleeping in your home

That woman, no matter how bad she is, is capable of saving your marriage or putting your marriage in a scale of spoiling it depends on your relationship with her

If you have children, let her watch over them while you go to work

Assuming you are at her age and your daughter inlaw is acting the same way with you, would you be happy about it

Have you ever imagined, how loneliness makes her to look for a home to be warm with and her son's home remains her home forever

Assuming she sleeps on your husband bed of which she won't do it, it's a different thing

Pls change your mind set towards her and give her a warm embrace in your home

Accommodate her and utilise her

If you claim you love your husband, love her too and you will appreciate her and be happy

You assumed the Op is female.
It is the man asking o.
Does your advice still stand?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Winneygirl(f): 7:19am On Mar 09, 2020
Old people get lonely/bored with age.
If she lives alone, help get someone to live with her. Young ones she can train, or people like corp members who need accomodation. Let her accomodate them for free.
She's just lonely.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by frozen70(f): 7:19am On Mar 09, 2020
Winneygirl:

You assumed the Op is female.
It is the man asking o.
Does your advice still stand?

Ahhh, if a man is the one asking this question, am disappointed in him

Would he ask same for his biological mother

Except anyway where the woman hates him

But real men focuses on more important things than being bothered about the presence of his mother inlaw

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by rain21(f): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2020
What exactly is wrong with her sleeping over? Is she in anyway disturbing your peace? You can even take advantage of the situation and let her care for the kids and your home. As long as she's useful in the house, just look the other way.

What of her husband? Or she's a widow?
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by tunamenga(m): 6:40am On Mar 10, 2020
It means you are not accommodating, for a man to be complaining like this. You are creating a problem for yourself.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Olunmercy56(f): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2020
She might be feeling lonely, what if she is your mother, will you send her away Ask her why she is doing that, she might have a genuine reason for that

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Richy4(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2020
Just want to know why she was passing the night at your home..

Is your wife nursing a baby?
Is she widowed?
Is your wife the only child?

Just maybe she felt that you won't mind her passing the night at your place due to the way you portrayed and presented yourself (perfect son-in-law)
Not knowing that you were boiling right inside.. which reminds me of my favorite quote "There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face."' MACBETH smiley
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by sisisioge: 11:59am On Mar 10, 2020
Hmmm...your post just took me several years into the future. I better conduct my affairs well now so I could have loving children around me.

Biko find out why, the grandkids and loneliness are mostly the culprit.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Primenet(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
choice17:
Oga, have you try discussing the situation with your wife? please do, as it will give you an insight on how to properly tackle her reasons for always sleeping at your house!

Thanks for advice. Yeah I have discussed the issue with my wife and not comfortable either.
But she can't confront her due the her mum will report to her siblings that her daughter drove her from her home.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Primenet:

Thanks for advice. Yeah I have discussed the issue with my wife and not comfortable either.
But she can't confront her due the her mum will report to her siblings that her daughter drove her from her home.
Eleyi gidi gan. Maybe you guys should look for another apartment to rent and move away from the environ. Me too I love privacy.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Karleb(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mother in laws sha! Most of them would never take what they're giving while they were young.
undecided
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Primenet(m): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
Citygal:

Eleyi gidi gan. Maybe you guys should look for another apartment to rent and move away from the environ. Me too I love privacy.

Exactly...this the direction of my thoughts right now. Thinking of relocating from the neighborhood.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by mankettle(m): 5:04am On Mar 11, 2020
Tell Madam to increase her ring tone when next u Wan play. Do am often... Grandma will know it's time to shift back to her house
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by RagnarKlavan: 9:45am On Mar 11, 2020
Old people get bored easily. I'd say you first investigate the reason she's spending the night at your place before taking any action. You might also want to be a bit more accommodating of her.

Above all, never confront her. If you're sending any message about the issue, make sure your wife is the bearer. A lot of diplomacy is required in this regard. Employ a bit of body language/subtle messaging if you must have her stop. Encourage her to visit her other children too. Something like a rotation to host her per time.
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by kason(m): 7:39am On Mar 12, 2020
RagnarKlavan:
Old people get bored easily. I'd say you first investigate the reason she's spending the night at your place before taking any action. You might also want to be a bit more accommodating of her.

Above all, never confront her. If you're sending any message about the issue, make sure your wife is the bearer. A lot of diplomacy is required in this regard. Employ a bit of body language/subtle messaging if you must have her stop. Encourage her to visit her other children too. Something like a rotation to host her per time.

Thanks for your advice. Really appreciate your kind words of wisdom.

The issue demand wisdom so as not to let get out of hand.

All the same, thanks so much.

Have a great day!
Re: Please Help... Mother-in-law Passing The Night In Our Home Daily by Primenet(m): 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2020
Olunmercy56:
She might be feeling lonely, what if she is your mother, will you send her away Ask her why she is doing that, she might have a genuine reason for that

They should stay for a period and go not staying permanently. Whether my mother or mother-in-law.

Because you can never satisfy them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? / HOW TO CURE STAPH INFECTION WITH COCONUT OIL & RAW HONEY / God Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.