Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Ritual Killer Attempts To Behead Girl, 26 In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ritual Killer Attempts To Behead Girl, 26 In Anambra (1620 Views)

Ritual Killer Beheads 4-Year-Old Boy In Osun (graphic Pic) / Ritual Killer Murders Pregnant Woman & Removes Her Baby In Akwa Ibom / Murdered In Cold Blood!us Boyfriend Slices Throat Of Nigerian Girl,26 In Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ritual Killer Attempts To Behead Girl, 26 In Anambra by jason54321: 5:46am On Dec 22, 2010
With the emergence of the month of December, which usually heralds the celebration of Christmas marking the birth of the savior of the world, Jesus Christ, many are known to have mistaken this as a time for stock taking on the achievement of the year, leading to their involving in several acts to ensure that they meet up their obligations by all means possible.

Chief among some of the vices people engage in to make money is ritual killings and armed robbery. This is a time when it is known that especially in the eastern part of Nigeria where the people value the celebration not for what it is, but for the mere fact that it is seen as a period for taking stock, and as such anyone who has not made it big to such times is simply out of trend.

This has lead to the popularization of the phrase ember-months. This usually starts in September, and is like a warning sign that the year is fast coming to an end, and a reminder that one must try to make it. During this period, vices like kidnapping for ransom, ritual murder and armed robbery rise, prices of goods in the market simply skyrocket as the trader tries endlessly to make more money through undue profit.

The above scenario could be said to be responsible for the fate of one Chioma Ezeonyido, a waiter at a restaurant [see restaurant] in Awka, when an okada operator who was to convey her to her home after a hard day’s job turned out to be a ritualist, and attempted to behead her after forcefully driving her into bush along the route they traveled.

This took place in late August of 2010.

Though she was able to survive the attempt, the story is a chilling one as the lady told it to ukpakareports.com herself, while doubting that she would be alive to tell her story as even her doctors gave up on her, having not seen anyone survive such cuts in her throat before.

Seeing the heavy stitches round her neck, where the murderers tore through her skin all round, one will wonder if her head had not fallen off from her body before it was joined together with stitches from her doctor. Coupled with that is another cut with a knife on the artery on her ankle, connecting her legs to her feet. According to her, this was a deliberate attempt by the ritualist to ensure that she does not leave the bush until he returns with a bigger cutlass since her head refused to fall off her body despite the cut round her neck.

According to Chioma, “on that evening, I closed work at Amawbia and felt I should use an okada to go back to the house, instead of the bus I usually board. I live at Nise, a village in Awka south. I met this tall and huge black man at Amawbia junction on a bike, when I beckoned on him, he was ready to carry me.

“I had no reason to suspect him, even though I should have. The man throughout did not say a word, so I would not know what his voice sounded like. I boarded his okada and he moved with me, we sped past a military check point at the border of Amawbia and Nise and were heading to St Paul’s College, Nise when he suddenly braked and said the only word I heard from him throughout the encounter. He said he saw a phone by the road side, and without seeking my permission, he simply reversed and went for it and on getting there we found out there was not phone, instead of continuing on the journey, he sped through a track road into the bush.

“All my enquiries to know why he was speeding into the bush brought forth no answer. At this point I sensed danger and thought it would be wiser to jump off the bike and save my life. I did just that, but as I landed on the ground I could not stand on time, even at than he too quickly dumped his bike and charged at me.

“The first thing he did was to use my hair tie to fasten round my throat, such that I found it very difficult to shout. We struggled with ourselves for quite some time, just as he dragged me further into the bush, then produced a knife which he now stabbed my neck with. As you are seeing these stitches on my neck, it is very deep. Something that my entire hand entered into. But surprisingly, I was not feeling any pain then, the man went further after trying to cut my neck from the front which is my throat, he stabbed be in the back of my neck and was pulling the knife so that the cut will join the one in the front and probably for my head to fall off.” She explained.

Though she was surprised why she should still be alive, she also believed that the spirit in her was more than the one in the man as he was obviously not happy that he could not behead her that easily. She stated that she laid still as if she was already dead, until the man feeling disgusted held her ankle and cut it.

This she said may be for him to go out and source for a bigger knife, while taking precaution so she does not regain consciousness and move away.

“After sometime, though I cannot say for how long, I opened my eyes and saw that the man was no longer there. I managed to move, how I did that I did not know. I found my way to the highway, where I fell on the road blocking the way. Every motorist that saw me refused to stop, rather they dodged my body and continued. Maybe they thought it was a set up. It was after sometime that the military people came, maybe someone had gone to alert them. That was how I was taken to the hospital and given treatment.”

Asked if she thinks it is a case of attempt to assassinate her, Chioma said she has not had any misunderstanding with any one recently or even in the past. She also stated that if the man was bent on killing him, he would have stabbed her on other parts of her body to ensure that she died, but the man was only particular about his neck, which she said is an indication that the man was seeking her head.

She advised people to be very careful who they went out with, or even the buses or okadas they entered as in her case, she never suspected that the okada man who she thought was looking for passengers could be having weapons and looking for a passenger he will be-head.

http://www.ukpakareports.com/news.php?type_id=1&news_id=1678
Re: Ritual Killer Attempts To Behead Girl, 26 In Anambra by kushsy: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
God was wt you then and always will be..we can't not be careful enough..only God can save us from the evils once..thank God for your life. Evil everywhere ...its well

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Cocaine Pusher Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Uk / Evil Nigerians!!! / Armed Robbers Burgled Three Shops In Mararaba; Emptied All Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.