Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police (940 Views)

6 Nigerians Arrested For Illegally Entering India Through Night Bus / iPhone8 Saved Man From SARS Bullet In Benin, As He Calls For Justice / Nigerians Arrested While Trying To Illegally Emigrate To India Through Sea. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,
I am writing this in respect of a friend that has been detained by State CID Yaba Lagos for a case involving him and his' former boss.

The case.
My friend's name H and his' bosses name Mr A.
Mr A owns a big baring saloon in Oshodi and employed Barbers to work there and they remit to him on a weekly basis.

H also worked in the shop for close to two years until recently and he was one of the employees that made the highest turnover cos he had lots of loyal customers. This made him had the highest weekly commission ranging btw 15 to 20k.
He was able to save from this and he opened his' own baring saloon still in Oshodi ch got his' boss infuriated and sent him away even before he was done with the set up of his shop.

He left and he raised little funds to complete his shop in other to start proper operations about 3 weeks ago.
Mr A got him arrested two days after he started operation and he was detained at Akinpelu police station and his' reason for his' arrest was that he stole his' money to open his shop and he said the amount he stole was btw 400 to 500k.

Mr A's justification was that H collects trf into his personal acct from customers while there is a coy acct that can be used for such transactions with the claim that he doesn't remit.

Did this happen? Yes but he remits and a weekly account is done for Mr A on sales cos all sales are written down by someone else.
Truly there are sitns where customers give H tips after barbing wch can also come tru this trf and there sitns where customers trf more to collect physical cash.

Back to Akinpelu station Mr A said before he can allow him go he would ve to print his bnk statement from when he joined his' saloon till date wch he did and after all checkings, H was released on bail by the police at Akinpelu after spending 3 days and Mr A claimed he wasn't satisfied with what he saw and he was going to sue him to court and they all agreed on a date A went to station on agreed date but Mr H didn't appear for like two days and he went back to his shop.

A week after his first release, another set of Police went to arrest him at his shop from State CID Panti Yaba and that was last week Tuesday {03/03/20) on the order of Mr A still on the same issue but with the claim that what he Pilfered was 4 mill naira and we ve been on the case since then.

Police at Yaba requested for two sureties with an initial deposit of 1mill and further installment to pay back the 4 mill and we felt no way.
So we hired a lawyer to take up the case for us.

We ve agreed with Mr A that we want to go to court but he ain't pressing charges he wants it settled at the Police station and Police already saw that we ain't ready for that l, they are now asking we come and bail him with 100k tomorrow.

Our fear is he would re-arrest him and still won't press charges.

Effort were made to reach out to Mr A on what he wants and he said he wants H's shop as a branch of his' and H should still be working for him wch I know H would not give in to cos he worked 4 it Mon-Sun without break so it's his' sweat.

We re tired and looking for other ways that can be explored to handle this issue.
Lest I forget Mr A came today to raid H's shop with police to carry the few items he has in his' shop.
One of Mr A's anger and fear is H would take all his customers so he is trying to frustrate him
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by veron007: 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sorry for your friend. I know how this feels. I saw a family friend go through the same. The former boss is just wicket and wants the young man to spend all his savings on dealing with police case. Since he is not interested in going to court look for an elder in the area that can talk to the man or talk to the DPO on your friends behalf. Else they will continue to harass him and his customer until they make him useless. Good luck .
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Pext428: 11:28pm On Mar 09, 2020

Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Olunmercy56(f): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
You need to get a strong activist to fight for your friend.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by SUPERPACK: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Charge him to court for harassment. Secondly, add his full name and address, publish the story on twitter, facebook and blogs.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Davash222(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
He claimed 400-500K in Akinpelu police station and he's claiming 4M now in panti
Don't know if there's a way you can get a copy of Mr A and Mr H statements in Akinpelu police station.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by cooldipo(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
Nigeria continues to prove to be a jungle for only the meanest to survive.

This is really painful even though your friend may be paying the price for some of sharp practices but i don't believe the boss has all these rights he is exercising because of financial muscle and 'garage fight' to ward off any sort of competition. He needs to prove the young man really stole from him and the right place for that is the court. I hope the right help come quickly for your friend. I can imagine myself in his position, it can really be a daunting situation to be.

I suggest you report to the elders and chairman of landlord associations in the zone. Thank you for fighting for your friend, please don't hesitate to tell as many people as possible in the neighborhood and his coworkers should equally be prepared for face even tougher fight if they only choose to preserve their daily bread by looking away at a critical time like this.

This is why i always stress the fact that it is so hard to be a Nigerian. The intimidation and lawlessness from every corner is enough to push the fainted hearted over the bridge. Our form of justice is almost always barbaric! Why?

Admins, Lalasticlala, Seun please help get this urgent call for help to the right audience. Thanks!
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Give out his number let Nigerian bombard him with calls
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Hoodbilonia: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2020
Nigeria,honestly is hell with billions of fire.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2020
Thank u all for ur responses.
We tried reaching out to Mr A's mum perhaps she could speak with him but from our consultation with people, they said his mum is a No go area.
H's mum would be going to Human Rights office this morning.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Jabioro: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2020
He boss should be arrest.. charge immediately to court for malicious labeling and claiming, threatening and whatever..
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2020
U people should get a very good lawyer n sue that man to court ASAP. DON'T WASTE ANYMORE TIME AGAIN.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by feeloscar(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2020
veron007:
Sorry for your friend. I know how this feels. I saw a family friend go through the same. The former boss is just wicket and wants the young man to spend all his savings on dealing with police case. Since he is not interested in going to court look for an elder in the area that can talk to the man or talk to the DPO on your friends behalf. Else they will continue to harass him and his customer until they make him useless. Good luck .
What stops the Barr from getting an injunction from a court so as to stop the man from harassing his client?abi na charge and bail lawyer? If the case is not taken to court,the said guy will harass his frnd anytime he feels like.
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by cooldipo(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Admins, Lalasticlala, Seun please help get this urgent call for help to the right audience. Thanks!

Front page please embarassed
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Fidelismaria: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nigerians are what is wrong with Nigeria
Re: A Cry For Justice For A Friend Detained Illegally By Police by Alejobs: 10:34am On May 07, 2020
Pls what is the update on this case?

(1) (Reply)

Trending video: A Nairlander In A Bloody Fight With Chinese Men (graphic Video) / Man Arrested For Having Sex With 126 Stolen Slippers / See How A Boy Committed Suicide By Hanging At Apete Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.