Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) (7791 Views)

Apple Threatened Facebook Ban Over Slavery Posts On Instagram / Crowd Queue To Buy Iphone SE 2020 Despite Coronavirus / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
What kind of slavery is this? Hand sanitizer that can be fixed on the wall or on a table is what this company hang on someone's neck. The man will stand there from morning till night and at the end he'll be paid peanuts. Look at the sadness and tiredness in his eyes. It's only an immigrant that can do this kind of job. Sometimes I wonder why people even go to middle east countries like UAE when they know they'll be treated like animals. No citizen of Dubai can do this kind of job.

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Witcher(f): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
We are all slaves

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
The guy wearing the sanitiser has a duty to ensure everyone uses the hand sanitiser before entering the office. So if they try to ignore using it, he goes to them directly and makes sure they use it, whereas an ordinary dispenser would just sit there...

It's a smart way to ensure everyone uses hand sanitisers if you ask me...

79 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves
you're a slave,UnaToto isn't.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:
The guy wearing the sanitiser has a duty to ensure everyone uses the hand sanitiser before entering the office. So if they try to ignore using it, he goes to them directly and makes sure they use it, whereas an ordinary dispenser would just sit there...

you smart,one Olosho for you.

17 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
UnaToto:
you smart,one Olosho for you.

I prefer money biko... wink

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:

I disagree. Fix it close to the entrance with a warning sign would have done the job.

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves
I'm not.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
TechCapon:
I disagree. Fix it close to the entrance with a warning sign would have done the job.

LOL you don't know how ignorant and careless people can be. This might appear extreme, but it's a fool-proof way to ensure strict compliance...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves

Speak for yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:

LOL you don't know how ignorant and careless people can be. This might appear extreme, but it's a fool-proof way to ensure strict compliance...
lol. It's true sha. But it's not a good job at all. It's dehumanizing

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
TechCapon:
lol. It's true sha. But it's not a good job at all. It's dehumanizing

Perspective is everything... wink

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Authoreety: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
Yes o....

To ensure everyone uses it

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Adek65: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves
na so
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by GraGra247(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
Best its placed on a table with a man sitting and instructing people to use it.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by SOFTDRINK: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:

Haven't you seen a toilet door that will never open if you don't flush the toilet after using it?

Why not install the sanitizer and program it with the door in a way that the door will not open until you use the sanitizer?

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by SOFTDRINK: 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:

Don't be a wicked employer.

Human dignity should not be overlooked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
SOFTDRINK:
Haven't you seen a toilet door that will never open if you don't flush the toilet after using it?

Why not install the sanitizer and program it with the door in a way that the door will not open until you use the sanitizer?

Locate the company and give them the idea...

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Egbami lowo awon alainikanse.

Person wey get work go collect him salary at the end of the day, while joblessy gather dey debate him matter

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
SOFTDRINK:

I tell you. If this had been in the US, the outcry alone would force the company to go bankrupt
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by yanabasee(m): 9:33pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves

Be specific..,..

WE as your entire family or tribe??

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by SPLENDID25(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
We are all slaves
initiate me
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by obi4eze(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
SOFTDRINK:
Don't be a wicked employer.

Human dignity should not be overlooked.

Alaye, I'm not the employer... What's with the attitude cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nickshrapnel: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
Well I assume he read the job description before accepting it

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by oyatz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
eduman365:

What if the man wants to go to the toilet, eat or use his smart phone?
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
oyatz:

What if the man wants to go to the toilet, eat or use his smart phone?

Ask Google oga. tongue

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Zino990(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
What of people that put on banne costume and dance under hot sun for hours
How is that for modern day slavery, bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by LoveFayfay(f): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Just to make sure his family feeds at least once a day, a man can do senseless jobs. I wish him financial breakthrough.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Qtsnow(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
TechCapon:

No matter how strategic you place the sanitiser people will still deliberately not use it.

I was at standard chartered bank today and the security at the door would point to the sanitiser to be used before you press the button to open the door.

It still requires a human to get the job done. However, i don't support hectic work ethics but it can be done in a nicer way inform of a Covid-19 mascot

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Job Or Modern Day Slavery? (photos) by Tpave(m): 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
Qtsnow:

No matter how strategic you place the sanitiser people will still deliberately not use it.

I was at standard chartered bank today and the security at the door would point to the sanitiser to be used before you press the button to open the door.

It still requires a human to get the job done. However, i don't support hectic work ethics but it can be done in a nicer way inform of a Covid-19 mascot
The same way mega chicken at Ikota, Lekki operates. The security man will stand by the door while the sanitizer is placed by the wall behind the door. As you're approaching the door, he points to the sanitizer with a smile and make sure you use it before he opens the door for you. I think that's a more smarter and less strenuous way than this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / Best Android Phones Under 200k In Nigeria / Why Do People Hardly Sell These Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.