Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With (9559 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / I Urgently Want To Travel To Cyprus This Year, How Possible? Suggestions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
Can one be granted visa if he doesn't know anyone abroad, in countries like Germany, Canada or other European countries ?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by ednut1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
yes. for most permanent residence and work visas you dont have to know anyone. same for tourist and student visa

10 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by NextD18: 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
The problem isn't getting the visa but coping in a country you know no one.

Unless you are Igbo, because only Igbos can comfortably cope in a country or land they know nobody.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by nlPoster: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
I guess what you mean is those who have done so should identify themselves and give you feedback?

3 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
NextD18:
Unless you are Igbo, because only Igbos can comfortably cope in a country or land they know nobody.

nothing to do with race and all to do with individuals. if someone worries about such things then they already are failing. you shouldnt care whether you know someone or not abroad, and should only care about the joy that you will get from discovering this new place/culture/environment.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Hadampson(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
NextD18:

[s]Unless you are Igbo, because only Igbos can comfortably cope in a country or land they know nobody.[/s]

So, yoruba or hausa cannot cope in a country they know nobody undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Iamicekid(m): 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
You can cope In any country as long as you have money, when going make sure you have atleast money for rent for atleast 6months Incase you don’t get a job quickly that’s all... Accommodation is the only problem overseas, once that is settle you are good

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Iamicekid:
You can cope In any country as long as you have money, when going make sure you have atleast money for rent for atleast 6months Incase you don’t get a job quickly that’s all... Accommodation is the only problem overseas, once that is settle you are good
for real ? Like in countries like Germany, can one be able to land a job that can cater for the accommodation and living expenses like after 3 months ?

And how about resident permit and work permit; can one get it and not be harrased prior to getting it by immigration officials ?

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

nothing to do with race and all to do with individuals. if someone worries about such things then they already are failing. you shouldnt care whether you know someone or not abroad, and should only care about the joy that you will get from discovering this new place/culture/environment.
I believe one wouldn't live in the air... You know, many things one considers : would one head straight to an apartment to go rent it without knowing stuff about the place and all that, some other things too ... The idea is where to settle down for even a week before you get to know this and this and do this and this such as catering for accommodation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by ednut1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
kiako:
for real ? Like in countries like Germany, can one be able to land a job that can cater for the accommodation and living expenses like after 3 months ?

And how about resident permit and work permit; can one get it and not be harrased prior to getting it by immigration officials ?
canada residency permit.requires u to come with 12k cad for a single person enough to last you six months. For many work visa its tied to work offer and most employers will house you for like a few weeks or month. But trust our people to collect tourist visa and japa.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Iamicekid:
to get a job can one find one with which can cater for his need permobth let's say with first degree or sth ......

I intend after staying for some years then kickstart my masters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
ednut1:
canada residency permit.requires u to come with 12k cad for a single person enough to last you six months. For many work visa its tied to work offer and most employers will house you for like a few weeks or month. But trust our people to collect tourist visa and japa.
"12k cad" means what ?

And with tourist visa can one get permanent residence with it ? And how about jobs too ?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by ednut1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
kiako:
"12k cad" means what ?

And with tourist visa can one get permanent residence with it ? And how about jobs too ?
12000 canadian dollars. And no u cant use tourist visa to get permanent residency in canada. For jobs u apply online noni. This is 2020 not 2001 all these ur plans no dey work in these days. Hustle for money for school den find job or residency from there.

10 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
kiako:
I believe one wouldn't live in the air... You know, many things one considers : would one head straight to an apartment to go rent it without knowing stuff about the place and all that, some other things too ... The idea is where to settle down for even a week before you get to know this and this and do this and this such as catering for accommodation

thinking the way you do will have you discover NOWHERE on this earth... here is a simple clue: you can find a comfortable hotel/hostel/airbnb in most country/city/neighborhood of this world.

you can easily learn stuff about the country/city you are about to visit from the internet...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 12, 2020
ednut1:
12000 canadian dollars. And no u cant use tourist visa to get permanent residency in canada. For jobs u apply online noni. This is 2020 not 2001 all these ur plans no dey work in these days. Hustle for money for school den find job or residency from there.
how then did u mean by taking tourist visa japa if it can't be used to get residence permit or I'm missing something bro
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by ednut1(m): 5:29am On Mar 12, 2020
kiako:
how then did u mean by taking tourist visa japa if it can't be used to get residence permit or I'm missing something bro
ask on the streets. The common way for nigerians is to get tourist visa and japa. Then look for woman to marry. But today uk, us, germany canada etc do not just give anyhow people those tourist visas anymore as they know u will likely japa. But if ur a frequent traveler, with a good business or job. They would gv u

7 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by hammed71(m): 7:16am On Mar 12, 2020
@kiako I would not advice you to use a tourist visa to Japa, it is really risky, try and get a student or a work or immigrant visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by iknowexperts: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2020
kiako:
Can one be granted visa if he doesn't know anyone abroad, in countries like Germany, Canada or other European countries ?

Except you are still a minor (U - 18 years of age) immigrating to the countries you mentioned without knowing anyone there is not something that should give you headache.

What you should be more concerned about are:

1. What is your purpose for wanting to immigrate - Is it for job or for schooling or business?

2. Do you meet the immigration requirements, and

3. Do you have enough funds

Go to the official consular website of whichever country you want to immigrate to, study their different immigration programs and see the one that best suits you.

Below are the countries you mentioned and their immigration links:

Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

German Missions in Nigeria - https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en

Many people have relocated abroad without knowing anyone, and many others will. So do not let it stop you.

Cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Hadampson(m): 8:42am On Mar 12, 2020
hammed71:
@kiako I would not advice you to use a tourist visa to Japa, it is really risky, try and get a student or a work or immigrant visa

Seconded.. Kiako, traveling with a tourist visa with a hope of becoming a permanent resident is illegal and it's not advisable at all.

Instead of traveling with a tourist visa, i will advice you to stay in Nigeria and find something to do

7 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Iamicekid(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2020
kiako:

Germany, will be a little hard small but if you are determined you will cause you know you have to first learn German, for better understanding and make sure the agent get you atleast 2yrs visa before going cause a lot of agent will be telling you 6month can do that, see Na lie ooo, atleast with that 2yrs you will have gotten a good job and know people and get your feet on the ground

3 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
iknowexperts:

Except you are still a minor (U - 18 years of age) immigrating to the countries you mentioned without knowing anyone there is not something that should give you headache.

What you should be more concerned about are:

1. What is your purpose for wanting to immigrate - Is it for job or for schooling or business?

2. Do you meet the immigration requirements, and

3. Do you have enough funds

Go to the official consular website of whichever country you want to immigrate to, study their different immigration programs and see the one that best suits you.

Below are the countries you mentioned and their immigration links:

Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

German Missions in Nigeria - https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en

Many people have relocated abroad without knowing anyone, and many others will. So do not let it stop you.

Cheers!
thanks much bro
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Iamicekid:

Germany, will be a little hard small but if you are determined you will cause you know you have to first learn German, for better understanding and make sure the agent get you atleast 2yrs visa before going cause a lot of agent will be telling you 6month can do that, see Na lie ooo, atleast with that 2yrs you will have gotten a good job and know people and get your feet on the ground
thank you brother

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hadampson:

Seconded.. Kiako, traveling with a tourist visa with a hope of becoming a permanent resident is illegal and it's not advisable at all.

Instead of traveling with a tourist visa, i will advice you to stay in Nigeria and find something to do
thanks much
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
hammed71:
thank you so much ]
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
hammed71:
thank you so much
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
ednut1:
ask on the streets. The common way for nigerians is to get tourist visa and japa. Then look for woman to marry. But today uk, us, germany canada etc do not just give anyhow people those tourist visas anymore as they know u will likely japa. But if ur a frequent traveler, with a good business or job. They would gv u
okay.... Thank u
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
kiako:
It's a bit hard onless you're well loaded

2 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 14, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

It's a bit hard onless you're well loaded
loaded as to how much ?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2020
kiako:
loaded as to how much ?
Don't know precisely but when I estimated my total package to Netherlands
I will be spending like 3M

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Don't know precisely but when I estimated my total package to Netherlands
I will be spending like 3M
ok baba .... But does it include your living expenses say prior to you getting a job
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 15, 2020
Iamicekid:
Well said.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
kiako:
ok baba .... But does it include your living expenses say prior to you getting a job
Yeah man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Reopens On Thursday, April 4, 2024 / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Women's Run Holds November 12th, 2022 (Tomorrow). / Christmas: No Traveller Will Sleep On River Niger Bridge – FRSC Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.