Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (59179 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
Worst is everyone thinks she is a good person because she is a pastor wife....

Am so fed up and always unhappy... Someone pls help me

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by donbachi(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
Yes...run come my house.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi peolpe
I live with my aunt who is a pastor wife...I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then...but the first day I got to my aunt place, I got the shock of my life...the house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots... She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her... I told her I can't do them..then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish...I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave....when I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything...and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them...

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died...and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood...I always feel ashamed.

.. She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough,at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because i always look so dirty and haggard ..just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside ....I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

she has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me..I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her ....I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things...I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
Worst is everyone thinks she is a good person because she is a pastor wife...

how old are you and are you done with high school?

87 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
you can either go back home to your father and suffer there or be quiet and accept your evil aunt's treatment and suffer there... the choice is yours.

237 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Davash222(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
How about the pastor, her husband? Is he aware of all these?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by NextD18: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Parents should stop bringing kids to this world if they can't cater for them.

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.

328 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by lordlek: 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi peolpe
I live with my aunt who is a pastor wife...I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then...but the first day I got to my aunt place, I got the shock of my life...the house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots... She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her... I told her I can't do them..then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish...I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave....when I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything...and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them...

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died...and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood...I always feel ashamed.

.. She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough,at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because i always look so dirty and haggard ..just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside ....I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

she has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me..I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her ....I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things...I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
My dear , please just endure whatever she slash at you not everything in this life is rosy as you think.

"You will be a-better-person than her daughter"
Just pray for things to turn out good for your father

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by TUANKU(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
Go back to your father simple.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ordinary insult? something you can be humming tunes in your heart while she's talking without her hearing it? you better get a hold of yourself. Find out what her plans are for your future. If your Father can't afford to feed you, you better relax and endure for now don't go and fall into wrong hands o, it's better than servicing 10 men in one day, be wise

357 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by crackkhaus: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Go back home, you're not an orphan.

4 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
At least you have option of running away.

What of her poor husband? How has the man been coping bikonu??

Or has he run away too?

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by cococandy(f): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
I blame your father

31 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Ordinary insult? something you can be humming tunes in your heart while she's talking without her hearing it? you better get a hold of yourself. Find out what her plans are for your future. If your Father can't afford to feed you, you better relax and endure for now don't go and fall into wrong hands o, it's better than servicing 10 men in one day, be wise

Did you just say ordinary insult? It's called verbal n emotional abuse.

305 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by LordKO(m): 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.

201 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by sisisioge: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Chai! Go back home biko.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Whyzaid(f): 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
So when she's leading a program in church or leading morning devotion at home, how do you always feel Op! If you know there's no future in you running away, pls don't do so. Just endure all the bullshit and work on yourself to be a better person tomorrow

11 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi peolpe

Mehn!! I am tempted to tell you to embarrass her in her church. But I haven't heard her side of the story

But running away is not your solution.

Is there any NGO who can help this girl?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
OceanOfJoy:

Did you just say ordinary insult? It's called verbal n emotional abuse.

Yes o, Oyibo have names for everything still they still have multiple mental health problems. Sometimes we just have to be tough, when life gives you Lemons change it to Lemonade, all these things toughen people and make them resolve to change their destinies for good. It's better than being subjected to hunger in her father's house or do you have a better option for her?

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by 24kmagic: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Women be maltreating themselves since the days of menstruation

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
LordKO:
You've a bad very character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her in anyway - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about your bad character. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said imperious attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise.

Chai! Broda, yes she might have been wrong by refusing to clean up ( I even construe her response as being unable/unskilled in cleaning up), however, aunty has her own children too who obviously need home training. I understand her because I once experienced something similar when my sister and I went to spend only 90 days with my father's sister for Jamb lessons. She practically turned us to her maids while her daughters who were in the same age group as us were left to do nothing! We were all teenagers who would rather be lazy but dear aunty chose to teach only my sister and I "home" training! . It was so sad because that singular experience changed everything for us. Needless to say that our relationship was ruined forever because of those three months!

Biko, let everybody go back to their father's house! The way child A was conceived was same as child B, why treat them differently?

227 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Yes o, Oyibo have names for everything still they still have multiple mental health problems. Sometimes we just have to be tough, when life gives you Lemons change it to Lemonade, all these things toughen people and make them resolve to change their destinies for good. It's better than being subjected to hunger in her father's house or do you have a better option for her?
No mention of her going hungry in her father's home in her post. Her Dad was having problems n told her to keep staying there "since leaving would cause a rift between them" (the aunt and her father). To hell with the rift smiley. She can go back home

37 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by LordKO(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
sisisioge:

Chai! Broda, yes she might have been wrong by refusing to clean up ( I even construe her response as being unable/unskilled in cleaning up), however, aunty has her own children too who obviously need home training. I understand her because I once experienced something similar when my sister and I went to spend only 90 days with my father's sister for Jamb lessons. She practically turned us to her maids while her daughters who were in the same age group as us were left to do nothing! We were all teenagers who would rather be lazy but dear aunty chose to teach only my sister and I "home" training! . It was so sad because that singular experience changed everything for us. Needless to say that our relationship was ruined forever because of those three months!

Biko, let everybody go back to their father's house! The way child A was conceived was same as child B, why treat them differently?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Once more, obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Assuming that she cleaned the house as the aunt requested or diplomatically turned her down, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt her reasonableness. So citing her stated conceited attitude, it's very obvious to me that every other negative thing she said about the aunt may not be true.

I don't hold brief for the aunt, like I said before.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by sisisioge: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
LordKO:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Once more, obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Assuming that she cleaned the house as the aunt requested or diplomatically turned her down, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt her reasonableness. So citing her stated conceited attitude, it's very obvious to me that every other negative thing she said about the aunt may not be true.

But she was forced to clean that first time and been cleaning ever since. Besides, I'm 90% sure that we are talking about a very young adult here.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by LordKO(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
sisisioge:

But she was forced to clean that first time and been cleaning ever since. Besides, I'm 90% sure that we are talking about a very young adult here.

How you and me go take know say she be young adult as she no come tell us her age. And if she be young adult self na that one go vex me pass citing her conceited attitude. Whatever she has passed through afterward that incident is punishment proceeds of her first offense.

I don't still hold brief for the aunt

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by rain21(f): 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Go back home

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by sisisioge: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
LordKO:

How you and me go take know say she be young adult as she no come tell us her age. And if she be young adult self na that one go vex me pass citing her conceited attitude. Whatever she has passed through afterward that incident is punishment proceeds of her first offense.

Ok o...let me leave you to it sha. May God help us live right and treat others with kindness. This life too get wahala sef

40 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
LordKO:

I read her post and see a young girl (At least she can't be up to 23) depressed about what she's going through at her aunt's house. Where's the conceited attitude in her post?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Just endure... She's doing you a favour by instill home training in you. Atleast you'll know how to cook and care for a home

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by LordKO(m): 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
I read her post and see a young girl (At least she can't be up to 23) depressed about what she's going through at her aunt's house. Where's the conceited attitude in her post?

Since you believe in assumption and since you want me to believe that you aren't discerning enough to see through the conceited attitude she exhibited, I don't see the need to answer you properly. No vex you hear.

14 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Adgideon(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
I believe by posting here u ain't a baby, and u shouldn't allow urself to be treated as such, what's the relationship between your mum and aunty good or bad, u should know, I hope ur dad have not sold u out, for him not to believe of ur maltreatment and also what's ur father's condition like that also matters, Running away might not b the best option, except you hv a better place to go, if it's possible taking a recording of the insult she rains on you and play it for ur dad to here, see his reaction then take the next step, but whatever decision you take can either make you or destroy you the choice is yours.My best wishes and I rest my case

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olayemi Oluwatoyin Is Missing: Left Abuja For Lagos Since May & Has Not Returned / Woman Married 2 Husbands Same Time For 11 Years / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.