Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended (5062 Views)

#westandwithkarimbenzema: Muslim Communities Rally Behind French Football Star / Kylian Mbappe Slams French Football President For Comments About Zinedine Zidane / Rwanda Signs New Deal With French Football King PSG - #visitrwanda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by oshozondii: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2020
The Professional Football League (LFP) has announced that all games in the two top tiers will be postponed until further notice
Article continues below

Authorities in France have followed the lead of European counterparts by announcing that all games in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will be suspended indefinitely amid the ongoing concerns over coronavirus.

The outbreak of Covid-19 has forced schedules around the world to be assessed.

Many have taken the decision to postpone sporting events down until further notice.

A statement from LFP read: “Following the announcements of the President of the Republic in order to respond to the health crisis linked to Covid-19, the LFP Board of Directors unanimously decided this Friday, March 13 to immediately suspend the Ligue 1 Conforama championships and Domino's Ligue 2 until further notice.

“As the President of the Republic pointed out yesterday, collective interest must be placed above everything. The urgency today is to curb the epidemic, protect the most vulnerable, and avoid displacement.

“At the end of the meeting scheduled by UEFA on March 17, the LFP Board of Directors will meet.”

Noel Le Graet, president of the French Football Federation (FFF), had announced on Thursday that all activities connected to his association would be put on hold.

He stated on social media in the wake of comments from French President Emmanuel Macron in which it was revealed that all educational facilities will be closing their doors: “The announcements by the President of the Republic has led the French Football Federation to assume its responsibilities in order to contribute unambiguously to stem the health crisis that is hitting our country.

"Consequently, I wish to announce this evening the suspension of all the activities and competitions managed by the Federation, its leagues and its districts, throughout the territory.

“Thus, all the female and male amateur championships, of all age categories, the various tournaments and rallies, the training and the activity of football schools are interrupted as of tomorrow Friday, March 13, and until further notice.

“They will resume as soon as the sanitary conditions allow it.”

French football joins its counterparts in Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and America in bringing a complete halt to football matters as the world as a whole seeks to manage the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ligue-1-suspended-due-to-coronavirus-outbreak-as-french-football-/1ov70e6lrka6m15hba67zozx93 Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Honeric01
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Lawgod247: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2020
This is good. Better safe than sorry. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. But wait o, will this wave ever pass? Like, will this virus burn itself out ever or is it here to stay with us just as H.I.V that has defeated science so far? Will the world ever be the same again?
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Dikegodspower(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
the end is near

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by KosoMo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
This thing is enough to clear the world off.

Nawa oooh.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by iammo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
Damn ticket don cut

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by landmark86: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
Weekend will just dey boring henceforth.

CORONA why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Odunolumide(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
This is the most unusual stuff that has ever happened to football. I never thought there would be a time when football will be suspended until WW111 or Armageddon whichever come first but here we are .

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by helinues: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
Coronavirus virus causing more damages to the already on ground..

To go out now dey scary oo
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Kinterez(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
The almighty whites crying like they don't have the cure... I thought they can do everything.. What's delaying this cure? Probably the side effects are tremendous... What do I know?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Islamist: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
They should just crown Liverpool champions and suspend Premier league. Meanwhile to get discount in your dstv and gotv subscriptions,check my last topic.
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by YorubaKinging: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
The generations of fools, pleasure seekers, thieves and lairs
We hope you're going to believe us now,
coronaVirus is just a means to an end
And that end is to create a new world order
Call it conspiracy theory
But my Bible tells me this will happen

The world will now be crying for a savior
Oh KING EMMANUEL Where are you?
The world needs you, it's time for you to rule for a time
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by iCauseTrouble: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Afritop(m): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Dikegodspower:
the end is near
The end finally come. It has been near since world war one
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
Kinterez:
The almighty whites crying like they don't have the cure... I thought they can do everything.. What's delaying this cure? Probably the side effects are tremendous... What do I know?

If the white man should refer to blacks as "Blacks", they would be the first to scream racism.

Fact is, Every human is a racist

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
Accept Jesus now if you have not...
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by earthgirl(f): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
Punters are not happy.
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Everrest9(m): 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
When I was about to invest to betting.... Damn

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by MadeBoy: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
. sad time to be a Chinese or of Asian origin.

all of them have gone hidden
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by jacoik(m): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
Please what happens to the 11 tickets wey I played online on sporty bet. Can someone give me answer?
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by MadeBoy: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
its time punters change career
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by jacoik(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
Will they give me the potential win of the games I played online or what please. Someone should help me with answer
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by collins88(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
To God Almighty... Please help us and forgive us of our wrong doings,for we don't knows what we are doing, please grant us your Children peace in our heart, joy in our soul and a change spirit, so things don't fall apart. Please grant to us your Children the wisdom and understanding to discover a cure for this unseen illness knows as Covid-19, because is a treat to mankind and everything we stand for. As we speak some are dying of it and other of various diseases which we are yet to discover a cure for. Please don't turn your face against us. We need you now more than ever... Thank you God Almighty for you'll do it again... Amen...
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by debsjoat(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyxKOJsuhvI
All sports and football games suspended
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by checkthis1990: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
this is better than sorry.

Meanwhile,

do you experience the following as an opera content creator:

1. LOW REACH
2. ARTICLE REJECTION
3. LONGER TIME TAKEN TO WRITE AN ARTICLE

dont be discouraged yet, you need to read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/5733561/opera-news-hub-dont-discouraged
Re: Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended by Legendguru: 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

1xbet / 21yr Old Nigerian Footballer Slumps And Dies While Playing / Top Sports Betting Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.