Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

There Is No Money In Web Designs Anymore, See What Web Managers Make In A Month - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / There Is No Money In Web Designs Anymore, See What Web Managers Make In A Month (749 Views)

What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing? / My Portfolio Of Web Designs / Web Designs At Your Own Rate. Just Call Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Money In Web Designs Anymore, See What Web Managers Make In A Month by mitchellwealth(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
The world we live in is one that stays in it's circular axis and brings back it's old ways again and again in new ways that can bamboozle you if you don't seek to know.

Today we are running with the speed of time and hoping to beat time to it's gain of certainty but we simply forget that the past eea before ours did same and learnt a bitter lesson in the end... YOU CAN NOT BEAT TIME.

Web designs like other InfoTech services has been a thing for younger and older people in this generation and in the few years earlier into this era, it was a mind-blowing concept to tell anyone you are a web designer. Today even an 11 year old can build a website from scratch and complete it in one week.

Building a website and managing it on the long run are two different things that many developers and designers don't put into considerations. We focus on getting the contract to build that corporate website or ecommerce store but we lack the ability to stand firm when managent of it's required resources crosses the limit.

What do you do when your host company calls you in the middle of the night and tells you that your website is exceeding it's required resources usage? What would you do if within a space of three days, you have to move your website files and database from one server to the other? How will you manage a defaced website when you see one?

Every Tom, Dick and Harry can be a web developer, spoon up a WordPress install or setup a Joomla module. You can just write some basic html page and link your menu using php scripting for same page header, footer and side bar, but what happens when pish comes to shove?

This is where experience speaks louder in the marketplace than availability. Experienced web designers manage any website and resolves it's trouble on the shortest possible time but a newbie simply just believes that WordPress can never misbehave no matter what you do.

Making money on the online has passed building a beautiful WordPress theme and integrating it with your WordPress install and Wala! You gat a website. Do you have the capability to manage it's trouble shoot? That is where the money is my fellow professionals and as long as you are in the game for the long hauls, be ready to take the bull by it's horn and ride for a long time.

Note: I speak to a lot of developers out there and I hope you hear my voice, do your best to be candid and direct with your clients from the very beginning, so that you can reap the long lasting benefit in the long run.

E no pay to bite the finger that is about to feed you, take it as a fact or as fiction but when you kill the golden geese seeking to harvest the unpaid egg, you pay a price of loss and no coming back from that one.

Start learning to manage websites, trouble shooting and server management for the sake of the upcoming trend cause the future will no longer be for the newbies, but for the professionals with guys and expertise to handle the meanest of intrusion.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Money In Web Designs Anymore, See What Web Managers Make In A Month by OjoMadiba: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
mitchellwealth:
The world we live in is one that stays in it's circular axis and brings back it's old ways again and again in new ways that can bamboozle you if you don't seek to know.

Today we are running with the speed of time and hoping to beat time to it's gain of certainty but we simply forget that the past eea before ours did same and learnt a bitter lesson in the end... YOU CAN NOT BEAT TIME.

Web designs like other InfoTech services has been a thing for younger and older people in this generation and in the few years earlier into this era, it was a mind-blowing concept to tell anyone you are a web designer. Today even an 11 year old can build a website from scratch and complete it in one week.

Building a website and managing it on the long run are two different things that many developers and designers don't put into considerations. We focus on getting the contract to build that corporate website or ecommerce store but we lack the ability to stand firm when managent of it's required resources crosses the limit.

What do you do when your host company calls you in the middle of the night and tells you that your website is exceeding it's required resources usage? What would you do if within a space of three days, you have to move your website files and database from one server to the other? How will you manage a defaced website when you see one?

Every Tom, Dick and Harry can be a web developer, spoon up a WordPress install or setup a Joomla module. You can just write some basic html page and link your menu using php scripting for same page header, footer and side bar, but what happens when pish comes to shove?

This is where experience speaks louder in the marketplace than availability. Experienced web designers manage any website and resolves it's trouble on the shortest possible time but a newbie simply just believes that WordPress can never misbehave no matter what you do.

Making money on the online has passed building a beautiful WordPress theme and integrating it with your WordPress install and Wala! You gat a website. Do you have the capability to manage it's trouble shoot? That is where the money is my fellow professionals and as long as you are in the game for the long hauls, be ready to take the bull by it's horn and ride for a long time.

Note: I speak to a lot of developers out there and I hope you hear my voice, do your best to be candid and direct with your clients from the very beginning, so that you can reap the long lasting benefit in the long run.

E no pay to bite the finger that is about to feed you, take it as a fact or as fiction but when you kill the golden geese seeking to harvest the unpaid egg, you pay a price of loss and no coming back from that one.

Start learning to manage websites, trouble shooting and server management for the sake of the upcoming trend cause the future will no longer be for the newbies, but for the professionals with guys and expertise to handle the meanest of intrusion.

my man, God bless you. You be man wey dey reason.

(1) (Reply)

Customizing A Blog / E-commerce Seminar / Learn How To Make Money With No Knowledge Of Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.