Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Web Developers Would Not Want You To Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Web Developers Would Not Want You To Know (621 Views)

Truth & Courses KDP Affiliate Mrkts Don't Want You To Know. EXPOSED / What Web Development Does For My Business / A Website Facebook Will Not Want You To See--webtalk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Web Developers Would Not Want You To Know by mitchellwealth(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2020
The need to have a website for your company is the in thing today and many are going that route, i am not excepted, i do have a website for my business as well as an eCommerce site for my stores online. But i am not here to talk about my online plights and success but expose you to what you are a business entrepreneur should know while seeking to get that trendy online presence.

You just got a location for your business after getting a CAC license and someone just suggested that it will be nice for you to have a website to make your company look connected over the internet. This is a big falassy, those who really make money with their business do not need a website to do that but if you must do business with the western world, it is then a requirement but other than that, you can jut register your company on google maps, and get your message out there for now till you can afford that massive online presence.

Now imagine you get a lease n a building you intend to use for your business location and end up giving the keys to that building back to the building contractor to hold for you till you might need it in the future. Does that sound right? Why will you contractor have that muh access to your building when you can give him some restrictions but simple access to where he needs to work only.

Why will you give a web developer 100% access to your website and have no keys to regulate what you might want him to have access to at anytime he must do any work for you?

Do i need to buy my own hosting plan or should i host my website amidst other websites my we developer is also managing?

If you can manage sharing an office space with another company on your floor, then you can share your hosting space with as many businesses as possible but it will bite you in the ass in the nearest future cause you will never be able to mention a departure from this web developer, h owns you an will do with you whatever he deems fit. Wh should your web developer have that much power over you?

Yes i know you have no clue to hat happens to the website and how it came to be, but there are tutorials online that can help you learn the basic things on web development and management. That basic knowledge is good enough to possess your possessions first and not allow you be ripped off.

There are much more what your web developers will not like you to know but you can comment below for questions you might have in this regrds, lets offer a tiny piece of free choices you can take to getting your business that grand online presence at a minimal cost.

DO NOT BE SCAMMED FOR AN ONLINE PRESENCE, SEEK TO KNOW WHAT YOU NEED KNOW.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Why You Are Broke. / Pastor Adeboye In A 2013 Pay Your Tax Advert / Earn As Much As You Want From The Safety Of Your Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.