Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. (3367 Views)

How To Get Free Internet Data On Android & Ios Phones - Get Free Internet Data / Palaces You Should Never Keep Your Phones / Infinix Phones Get Massive Discounts On Gearbest (Note 4, Note 4 Pro & Zero 5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by bravesoul247(m): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2020
Unfortunately, there’s no single answer to this question. Sometimes phones get hot as the result of too many apps running in the background. A bad battery or other hardware problems cannot be ruled out. Other times, it’s because of a malware infection.

Here’s the thing: All phones can, and usually will, get a little hot from time to time. But it becomes a problem when your phone heats up to the point where you cannot even hold it,
Below are some reasons why your phone gets hot.

1. You’re gaming… a lot!
As you use your phone to play game,the device uses its Processor, GPU,Ram,Rom, thereby making the phone hot .

2. Too many background apps
The more apps you have running in the background, the harder your phone has to work to maintain them. Generally speaking, background apps are not typically a problem. However, if you never go into settings and turn them off, they could turn into one.

3. Using the phone in direct sunlight
Your phone will get hot due to the extra heat it's receiving from the sunlight,it's advisable you don't use your phone for long under direct sunlight.

4. App and Os Issues
Certain bugs in apps can cause your phone to overheat or misbehave. Same goes for your phone’s OS. Because these apps have to run on different types of devices using different configurations and operating systems, they may act optimally on some, less so on others. The best way to stop them from malfunctioning is to keep them updated.

5. Virus
Yes virus can make your phone to get hot too, Since malicious apps are usually unoptimized pieces of code, they attack your phone’s CPU and memory, throttling them and generating a lot of heat,that's making the CPU to overwork thereby generating more heat.

Cooling Your Phone Down.

1. Turn off that app that's running in background and consuming resources
2. Remove the phone case
3. Turn off unnecessary settings,like BLUETOOTH,GPS,WIFI.
4. Use phone master to clear junks
5. Update your apps and phone.

Anything that keeps your screen on for long periods of time and uses your phone’s GPU will cause the device to heat up.

Source:https://spot.tecno.com/ng/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=78385&ordertype=1&pid=271275#latest

2 Likes

Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
Or maybe the phone is running on outdated chipset like the ones on camon 12 and 12 pro

4 Likes

Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by skywalker240(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
sunshineV:
Or maybe the phone is running on outdated chipset like the camon 12 and 12 pro
grin grin the op PIC just proved it
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Ejadike(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
sunshineV:
Or maybe the phone is running on outdated chipset like the camon 12 and 12 pro
So no other phones get over heat?
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by SweetBuns(f): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ejadike:
I once boiled an egg using my tecno device after streaming twitch using the phone as hotspot

1 Like

Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Ejadike(m): 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
SweetBuns:

I once boiled an egg using my tecno device after streaming twitch using the phone as hotspot
na so. All phones over heat jor.
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ejadike:

I included that since he neglected it
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
skywalker240:

grin grin the op PIC just proved it

I'm not even hating I'm just saying helio A22, P22, and P35 are MTK chips and they get hot regularly
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Mohbola(f): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
There's no phone that doesn't get hot, esp when playing games, using hotspot and so on
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by bravesoul247(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
sunshineV:

I'm not even hating I'm just saying helio A22, P22, and P35 are MTK chips and they get hot regularly
irrespective of the chipset, devices get hot after heavy use.
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by skywalker240(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
sunshineV:

hating?

Neeeeh, far be it from me.

am only trying to say i (sorry, actually it was the op) just discovered that the trademark name for helio A22, P22, & P35 is Tecno/Infinix

The second picture he posted has spoken. grin

grin grin
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Remijuice: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
My own is, my phone battery gets low by simply counting down like 80% 79% 78% to 10% 5% 1% shuts down.
Please help!
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by missimelda01(f): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
My Nokia phone is the worst when it comes to overheating, ordinary charging can make the phone wanna blow up embarassed
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Blastedholligan: 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
Very informative peice op.
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Blastedholligan: 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
missimelda01:
My Nokia phone is the worst when it comes to overheating, ordinary charging can make the phone wanna blow up embarassed
which Nokia model is that?
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Blastedholligan: 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
Remijuice:
My own is, my phone battery gets low by simply counting down like 80% 79% 78% to 10% 5% 1% shuts down.
Please help!
which phone is that? Go to a competent engineers to change the battery.
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Blastedholligan: 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
SweetBuns:

na so lol. You know this isn't true.
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Remijuice: 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Blastedholligan:
which phone is that? Go to a competent engineers to change the battery.
Itel P31
Ok
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Blastedholligan: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
Remijuice:

Itel P31
Ok
visit Carlcare
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 12:07am On Mar 16, 2020
bravesoul247:
irrespective of the chipset, devices get hot after heavy use.

Without heavy usage transsion device will get hot
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 12:17am On Mar 16, 2020
skywalker240:

hating?

Neeeeh, far be it from me.

am only trying to say i (sorry, actually it was the op) just discovered that the trademark name for helio A22, P22, & P35 is Tecno/Infinix

The second picture he posted has spoken. grin

grin grin

grin
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by missimelda01(f): 12:42am On Mar 16, 2020
Blastedholligan:
which Nokia model is that?
Nokia 5
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by jidxin(m): 6:15am On Mar 16, 2020
sunshineV:
Or maybe the phone is running on outdated chipset like the ones on camon 12 and 12 pro
mine get so hot that it start shutting down apps one after the other
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2020
jidxin:
mine get so hot that it start shutting down apps one after the other

That's terrible. What phone do u use?
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by jidxin(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
sunshineV:

That's terrible. What phone do u use?

Samsung S8 plus
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by sunshineV(f): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2020
jidxin:

Samsung S8 plus

grin

U caught me in the first half tho
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by jaheymezz(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
And you no talk about using the device in a cool Environment with perhaps air conditioner or a cooling fan self.......that's for those who game alot tho
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by jidxin(m): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
sunshineV:

grin

U caught me in the first half tho

how?
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Naijaarchive(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2020
Poor network reception is the main culprit.... My phone battery last longer while browsing with airtel nd cool but the moment I switch to glo... It start heating up.... Both Sims are in 4g
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by AmosAkins: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
Naijaarchive:
Poor network reception is the main culprit.... My phone battery last longer while browsing with airtel nd cool but the moment I switch to glo... It start heating up.... Both Sims are in 4g

Are u serious? cry
I noticed this issue when I ported from Airtel to glo
;DWell am not still going back
Re: Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. by Naijaarchive(m): 5:29am On Mar 17, 2020
AmosAkins:

Are u serious? cry I noticed this issue when I ported from Airtel to glo ;DWell am not still going back
100% certain

(1) (2) (Reply)

9mobile Barred My Line / Tecno Pova 5G Unboxing And Review / Use Blackberry On Nokia E61

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.